(Topic ID: 216316)

OFFICIAL PINTASTIC 2018- Sturbridge, Massachusetts- Buy, Sell, trade and beyond

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    2018-07-07 20.32.47 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180703_195305 (resized).jpg
    5A3BAA1A-25F3-487E-9454-57E8857D7778 (resized).jpeg
    marinehorn02.jpg
    onemillion (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpg
    Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 5 years ago

Looking for WPC and System 11 test fixtures.
    Also looking for Williams System 3-7 test fixture

#253 5 years ago

Backglasses I can bring if pre-sold:

Space Shuttle missing one spot of paint to the lower right of glass and was flaking but sealed with mylar $75
    Joker Poker #1 with faded reds and a little flaking $35
    Joker Poker #2 with nice reds but a bit more flaking than #1 $35
    Centaur II with some paint peeling /missing in some of the black areas. Should be fixable with black touch up and sealing glass with mylar etc $35
    Supersonic heavily touched up but shows decent $35
    Fireball Classic excellent shape except for reds showing some fading $75
    Air Aces Excellent NOS $200
    Hot Doggin Excellent shape with 2 small imperfections $175

text: 774-279-0375

DSC03970 (resized).JPGDSC03970 (resized).JPGDSC03971 (resized).JPGDSC03971 (resized).JPGDSC03972 (resized).JPGDSC03972 (resized).JPGDSC03973 (resized).JPGDSC03973 (resized).JPGDSC03974 (resized).JPGDSC03974 (resized).JPGDSC03975 (resized).JPGDSC03975 (resized).JPGDSC03976 (resized).JPGDSC03976 (resized).JPGDSC03977 (resized).JPGDSC03977 (resized).JPGDSC03978 (resized).JPGDSC03978 (resized).JPGDSC03979 (resized).JPGDSC03979 (resized).JPGDSC03980 (resized).JPGDSC03980 (resized).JPGDSC03981 (resized).JPGDSC03981 (resized).JPGDSC03982 (resized).JPGDSC03982 (resized).JPGDSC03983 (resized).JPGDSC03983 (resized).JPGDSC03984 (resized).JPGDSC03984 (resized).JPGDSC03985 (resized).JPGDSC03985 (resized).JPGDSC03986 (resized).JPGDSC03986 (resized).JPGDSC03987 (resized).JPGDSC03987 (resized).JPGDSC03988 (resized).JPGDSC03988 (resized).JPGDSC03989 (resized).JPGDSC03989 (resized).JPG
    #258 5 years ago

Will try and convince the new owner to have me bring this to Pintastic if the new owner desires and wants to get in free to show.

Just finished close to 50 hours of restoration work on this Space Shuttle I purchased from a local collector.
    Game was in really nice original shape when I started but needed to be gone through fully to bring it to the next level.
    All metal buffed to a mirror shine. Titan premium rubber all around. New back glass.

NO LEDS! Cleaned inserts adorned with pure incandescents baby! =)

Rebuilt all flippers, pop bumpers, cleaned and adjusted all switches and outfitted game with premium Titan brand rubber. This playfield is the nicest original I have ever come across for this title. They are usually pretty beat up and blown out especially above the top USA lanes. Cleaned and buffed the playfield and buffed all metal to a mirror shine. Rebuilt the boardset. Many new parts and repair of broken assemblies. Looks and plays like new!

DSC04004 (resized).JPGDSC04004 (resized).JPGDSC04007 (resized).JPGDSC04007 (resized).JPGDSC04010 (resized).JPGDSC04010 (resized).JPGDSC04016 (resized).JPGDSC04016 (resized).JPG
    #311 5 years ago

Behold the 2018 Pintastic Best In Show Ribbons!

Here's what you're fightin' for boys!

DSC04021 (resized).JPGDSC04021 (resized).JPG

#317 5 years ago

Just finished restoring this Bally Hot Doggin. Trying to make room in my SUV for it. =)

DSC03783 (resized).JPGDSC03783 (resized).JPG
    #417 5 years ago

Yep. For 1990's, it sure was. =)

The only games that were considered for ribbons were those that were available for ALL to play so Freeplay room and Vendor Hall was our scope of game consideration.

#418 5 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder must have been the judges.

Yep. For 1990's, Stargate was the best of the 1990's in Freeplay and Vendor hall. There were 2 others titles that were close that made it hard to choose just one. =)

We had 8 other categories as well so 9 best in show ribbons were given out.
    ANTIQUE (PRE 60'S)
    60'S
    70'S EM
    70'S SS
    EARLY 80'S
    LATE 80'S
    90'S
    2000'S (2000 - 2009)
    CUSTOM

Again, the only games that were considered for ribbons were those that were available for ALL to play so Freeplay room and Vendor Hall was our scope of game consideration.

#464 5 years ago

First we are a team of judges with years of restoration experience. We each are assigned an era to focus on then come to a consensus on which games will win that division's ribbon. Judging ended at 2PM Saturday so the vast amount of freeplay play patrons could see the ribbons adorned on the games that won.

Secondly there was a misinfo to our team about games in that EBL room being considered. There were several 90's games that were very close to winning including that Cactus Canyon and that Revenge from Mars pin2000. If yours was deemed allowed from the get go, sure it would be right up there in the top 4.

My team has no axe to grind here and we do not play favorites. And I personally have nothing against you Eric. I have never met you.
    Wish we knew ahead of time that that room was in Best in Show scope as there were several nice games in there including yours that we would have at the very least considered.

Quoted from eabundy:

The Getaway I restored was in Freeplay Sunday. I spent a lot of time restoring it, and did the same amount of work as everyone else getting my machines to the show. I could give a damn if it didn't win a ribbon. I just wanted to know why it was immediately disqualified by Dr Dave, when Gabe told me all areas were to be judged. That is why I was disappointed. Todd Tuckey filmed the machine, so I'm sure in a few weeks it will be on their YouTube channel. You guys can pick it apart there, for everyone else, it played non stop from Wed through Sunday morning. It got close to 600 plays on it. Finally the game quit Sunday morning because the lower right flipper bat snapped.

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

If Pintastic wants to get real about the best in show category they need to offer serious cash prizes. Nobody cares about a ribbon. There are a ton of talented restorers in New England and beyond but no one is going to put a 100+ hour restoration into the free play area. Yes, the velvet ropes are what is needed if you want a true "concours" type competition. I truly hope this segment of the show evolves. It is currently only a farce but it could become a main attraction if managed properly.

Were you there Mike? Farce is a bit strong don't you think especially since I believe you didn't go to the show?
    The best in show team have years of restoration experience and know what they are looking at and playing/play testing.
    Instead of complaining, perhaps you want to donate your time like we have and apply to join our team?

As for cash prizes: You think the drama is high now, wait until there is cash involved. Had a great conversation with Bill Morrison of TPF Best in Show as he is a director of that one.

#487 5 years ago

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as perhaps you didn't read thread #10 of this thread before commenting:

To re-iterate:

"First we are a team of judges with years of restoration experience. We each are assigned an era to focus on then come to a consensus on which games will win that division's ribbon. Judging ended at 2PM Saturday so the vast amount of freeplay play patrons could see the ribbons adorned on the games that won.

Secondly there was a misinfo to our team about games in that EBL room being considered. There were several 90's games that were very close to winning including that Cactus Canyon and that Revenge from Mars pin2000. If yours was deemed allowed from the get go, sure it would be right up there in the top 4.

My team has no axe to grind here and we do not play favorites. And I personally have nothing against you Eric. I have never met you.
    Wish we knew ahead of time that that room was in Best in Show scope as there were several nice games in there including yours that we would have at the very least considered."

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

If Pintastic wants to get real about the best in show category they need to offer serious cash prizes. Nobody cares about a ribbon. There are a ton of talented restorers in New England and beyond but no one is going to put a 100+ hour restoration into the free play area. Yes, the velvet ropes are what is needed if you want a true "concours" type competition. I truly hope this segment of the show evolves. It is currently only a farce but it could become a main attraction if managed properly.

#488 5 years ago

Best in Show Winners:

ANTIQUE 1932 MILLS OFFICIAL BOB THURMAN
    1960'S KINGS AND QUEENS DAVE METRANDO
    1970'S EM TEAM ONE DAVE METRANDO
    1970'S SS GORGAR KEN RIZZITANO honorable mention: Evel Kneivel (Brain Hawkins), Harlem Globe Trotters (restored by guys that brought this and the restored Genie)
    EARLY 80'S FIREPOWER JOHN-ROBERT LAPORTA Honorable mention: Medusa Ken Rizzitiano (His game went down early because he forgot to set on freeplay and a tech mess'd it up.)
    LATE 80'S BLACK KNIGHT 2000 NICHOLAS MANIATIS Honorable mention: Gottlieb VEGAS
    1990'S STAR GATE GREG ROEHL honorable mention: Cactus Canyon, Revenge from Mars pin2000, High Speed 2 the getaway (Eric Bundy)
    CUSTOM LOST IN SPACE '65 RETHEME OF THE 1990'S MOVIE THEMED SEGA PINBALL BRIAN HAWKINS Honorable mention: Moe, Gremlins, Ash vs Evil Dead

Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpgBest In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpgBest in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpgBest in Show 60s Kings and Queens head (resized).jpgBest in Show 60s Kings and Queens head (resized).jpgBest in Show 70s EM Team One head (resized).jpgBest in Show 70s EM Team One head (resized).jpgBest in Show 70s EM entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 70s EM entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 90s Stargate entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 90s Stargate entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show 90s Stargate head (resized).jpgBest in Show 90s Stargate head (resized).jpgBest in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpgBest in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpgBest in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpgBest in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpgBest in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpgBest in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpgBest in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpgBest in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpgBest in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpgBest in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpgBest in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpgBest in show 60s Kings and Queens entire game (resized).jpgBest in show 60s Kings and Queens entire game (resized).jpg
    #504 5 years ago

Yeah something along those lines Gabe. =)

A Best in Show contest title that conveys "Plays as good as it looks."

Quoted from dannunz:

Unfortunately Pintastic is not a museum and part of the scoring is how well the game plays. So with that said maybe we should rename the competition to "Best all around playable, stupendous, kick ass pinball machine contest"

#506 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

All for "The people's choice award"
    -Mike

Agreed. It will be a great addition to the show.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DRDAVE.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-sturbridge-massachusetts-buy-sell-trade-and-beyond?tu=DRDAVE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.