(Topic ID: 216316)

OFFICIAL PINTASTIC 2018- Sturbridge, Massachusetts- Buy, Sell, trade and beyond

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    2018-07-07 20.32.47 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180703_195305 (resized).jpg
    5A3BAA1A-25F3-487E-9454-57E8857D7778 (resized).jpeg
    marinehorn02.jpg
    onemillion (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpg
    Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpg
    There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
    #351 5 years ago

For sale? If so, price please.

Quoted from DRDAVE:

Just finished restoring this Bally Hot Doggin. Trying to make room in my SUV for it. =)

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Flea area roped off today it was 4 parking spots in size . Who’s in the flea and whatcha got ?

Only 4 parking spots? That's not too encouraging.

#353 5 years ago

Wanted: im collecting cool show posters. Really want a Paul Faris autographed show poster.

PM me if you can help me out and make a deal. I’ll also make a donation to pinside in your name. Thank you for your help in advance.

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from calsheimer:

Are you also selling your world cup soccer? I see one is for sale on the list of games.

Yes asking 2900. Haven't put the sign up on it yet

#355 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Here's my Friday morning:
    4:40 AM - Rise and shine... gotta leave home for BWI airport
    5:30 AM - Park car at 'Fast Park and Relax' (I hope it delivers both)
    6:50 AM - Plane departs for Hartford... gotta get heavy bags checked, get through security, and get some breakfast before wheels up
    8:05 AM - Arrive in Hartford... claim bags
    8:30 AM - Depart the airport in rental car
    9:30 AM - Arrive in Sturbridge shortly after free plan room opens!!!!!!
    11:00 AM - Early lunch so I'm ready for vending
    11:30 AM - Set up my mini-sized vendor space for Noon opening
    -Rob
    -visit me at PINTASTIC or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

It's 4:38 AM and the journey begins! Woke the dogs but not wifey so we're off to a good start.

-Rob
    -visit me at PINTASTIC or at http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#356 5 years ago

On the plane. Anybody else out of bed yet?

3DEC4899-8DFF-4C8C-BB76-338E2390DE32 (resized).jpeg3DEC4899-8DFF-4C8C-BB76-338E2390DE32 (resized).jpeg

-Rob

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

On the plane. Anybody else out of bed yet?

-Rob

Im up at 4 every day.

#358 5 years ago

Anyone want a space shuttle back glass?
    I’ll need to know soon if I should bring it.
    Thanks
    Rob

3B634DB9-BA1A-4204-8A47-F50705C1E94A (resized).jpeg3B634DB9-BA1A-4204-8A47-F50705C1E94A (resized).jpeg4A8020BD-5EC8-4C32-883B-CA71605E3C94 (resized).jpeg4A8020BD-5EC8-4C32-883B-CA71605E3C94 (resized).jpegA9532A4B-7FC9-46DE-AF32-AAE27476292D (resized).jpegA9532A4B-7FC9-46DE-AF32-AAE27476292D (resized).jpegE0EACB24-E212-42AE-9CB4-093641390FBB (resized).jpegE0EACB24-E212-42AE-9CB4-093641390FBB (resized).jpegFE150144-407E-4BEA-9004-DD78A696F920 (resized).jpegFE150144-407E-4BEA-9004-DD78A696F920 (resized).jpeg
    #359 5 years ago

leaving tomorrow morning at 7. Bringing my wife and son. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Thanks
    Blake

#360 5 years ago

System 11B board is sold. Also have a working system 11A power supply for sale. great shape, make an offer.

#361 5 years ago

All set up and now open for vending - right next to the free play entrance!

KAHR.US at PintasticKAHR.US at Pintastic

-Rob

#362 5 years ago

At pintastic for sale
    Theater of magic 6200
    Radical 3500
    Hot shots basketball 900
    Space shuttle 1500
    High speed 2, open to rediculous trade offers
    Fish tales 3100
    NASCAR 2600

All set up for free play

#363 5 years ago

Nice BSD for sale in free play, 3,000 obo

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

At pintastic for sale
    Theater of magic 6200
    Radical 3500
    Hot shots basketball 900
    Space shuttle 1500
    High speed 2, open to rediculous trade offers
    Fish tales 3100
    NASCAR 2600
    All set up for free play

Where was Radical and HS2? Was there all day and didn't see either one.

#365 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

Where was Radical and HS2? Was there all day and didn't see either one.

Extra ball lounge

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Extra ball lounge

The room you needed the special badge to get in? I only had a day pass. Probably lost some prospective buyers because of that.

#367 5 years ago

Games are rotated in & out of the EBL throughout the day randomly.

#368 5 years ago

New Games such as POTC and Iron Maiden etc. Magically appear after 10 PM in the EBL.

#369 5 years ago

Set up in free play
    Hot Hand $950
    Strikes n Spares (dmd) $950
    Revenge from Mars w/ star wars episode One playfield. $3500

In vendor hall
    Stern Spiderman very modded $5200

#370 5 years ago

Radical will be in free play later tonight

#371 5 years ago

NASCAR
    Hot shot
    World cup soccer
    Theater of magic sold today

Still have
    Radical
    Fish tales
    Space shuttle

Open to offers on high speed 2.....

#372 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

The room you needed the special badge to get in? I only had a day pass. Probably lost some prospective buyers because of that.

Yeah... this strikes a bit of a chord for me. IMO, paying $25 for the day pass should give you access to all the machines/rooms. I understand if you want to issue/sell special badges but I think that should only give you early access or extended access. I wouldnt have a problem with that. Does anyone else feel this way?

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Yeah... this strikes a bit of a chord for me. IMO, paying $25 for the day pass should give you access to all the machines/rooms. I understand if you want to issue/sell special badges but I think that should only give you early access or extended access. I wouldnt have a problem with that. Does anyone else feel this way?

Yes, I agree completely.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

Yes, I agree completely.

I’m thinknng you guys missed the point of the vip package.

If they give it to everybody, they won’t be able to charge extra to give it to some people.

(Also helpful hint - if you really want to go in there - especially late at night - just give it a shot. It’s not exactly Fort Knox security at the door at 1 am)

#375 5 years ago

I have a NIB GOTG at the show that I can trade or sell. Only staying until after the auction.

I also have a white water and a Kings of Steel in freeplay area. Make offer!

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they give it to everybody, they won’t be able to charge extra to give it to some people.
    (Also helpful hint - if you really want to go in there - especially late at night - just give it a shot. It’s not exactly Fort Knox security at the door at 1 am)

Ehh kinda. We just wanted 1 last beer late at night and the bar near free play was closed. Lady said ebl was open still so we tried to get in and mr security guard with official looking walkie denied entity

#377 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

All set up and now open for vending - right next to the free play entrance

For awareness, I need to pack out my booth at 7 PM today so I can make the return flight. Please plan purchases accordingly.

Been a fun show so far; if you are local make your way over today!

-Rob

#378 5 years ago

I wish they had a 1 day package for EBL, not everyone can dedicate 3-4 days to this show and if you pay the full amount to use EBL for 1 day you feel like you wasted the money. Maybe still keep the multiday pass the best value per day and increase the price slightly for a 1 day EBL pass.

#379 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

NASCAR
    Hot shot
    World cup soccer
    Theater of magic sold today
    Still have
    Radical
    Fish tales
    Space shuttle
    Open to offers on high speed 2.....

I didn't see HS2 or Fish Tales. Are they in free play?

#380 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quintessential New Yorker. They aren’t letting you into a place you didn’t pay to get into? Nobody puts baby in a corner!

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I didn't see HS2 or Fish Tales. Are they in free play?

Fish tales is in vender Hall. Hs2 in extra ball room

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

I wish they had a 1 day package for EBL, not everyone can dedicate 3-4 days to this show and if you pay the full amount to use EBL for 1 day you feel like you wasted the money. Maybe still keep the multiday pass the best value per day and increase the price slightly for a 1 day EBL pass.

Premium pass is for two days. EBl was totally worth it.

#383 5 years ago

If someone can grab me a Paul
    Faris poster (with autograph would be bonus), let me know! Wish I were there!!!

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crazy - I didnt miss the point of the VIP package. The VIP package is for multiple days, correct? I am not able to attend any show for multiple days. If one is not able commit to multiple days, one cannot get access to more free play games. And I'm not going to pay the VIP price for one day. One day for me is typically about 6-7 hours. I'm usually leaving shows by 5PM so I'm not there late to "sneak in", nor do I have any desire to.

Quite honestly, I think $25 is a tad steep for the one day pass, especially when I compare it to $20 fee for Allentown. Allentown has significantly more games in free play, lots more vendors, and a much larger "flea market" presence. That's why I go to shows... not for access to food or the bar in the evening.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pintastic and I'll continue to go whenever I can. I would just like to have access to the all of the games during the period I'm there.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Crazy - I didnt miss the point of the VIP package. The VIP package is for multiple days, correct? I am not able to attend any show for multiple days. If one is not able commit to multiple days, one cannot get access to more free play games. And I'm not going to pay the VIP price for one day. One day for me is typically about 6-7 hours. I'm usually leaving shows by 5PM so I'm not there late to "sneak in", nor do I have any desire to.
    Quite honestly, I think $25 is a tad steep for the one day pass, especially when I compare it to $20 fee for Allentown. Allentown has significantly more games in free play, lots more vendors, and a much larger "flea market" presence. That's why I go to shows... not for access to food or the bar in the evening.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Pintastic and I'll continue to go whenever I can. I would just like to have access to the all of the games during the period I'm there.

You are going to get a lot of haters, but we'll said sir.....Well said..

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

You are going to get a lot of haters, but we'll said sir.....Well said..

I think he is spot on.

#387 5 years ago

I would be willing to pay a premium one day pass as I am in the same boat. I did a full 3 day show once. My wife was pinballed out by end of day two. So basically due to that and work commitments one day is all I can really do. Cost of living in NE is much higher than PA so I get the higher prices but would like to be able to purchase an EBL friendly one day pass. Maybe they are just looking to keep the little kids or the non pinball people out?
    P.S. I have attended every show, and have been a free play game bringer. I will continue to attend this show as much as I can. I look forward to it all year long. The other shows are not an option for me.

#388 5 years ago

Best in show goes too.... Stargate

#389 5 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I would be willing to pay a premium one day pass as I am in the same boat. I did a full 3 day show once. My wife was pinballed out by end of day two. So basically due to that and work commitments one day is all I can really do. Cost of living in NE is much higher than PA so I get the higher prices but would like to be able to purchase an EBL friendly one day pass. Maybe they are just looking to keep the little kids or the non pinball people out?
    P.S. I have attended every show, and have been a free play game bringer. I will continue to attend this show as much as I can. I look forward to it all year long. The other shows are not an option for me.

Cost of living has nothing to do with getting into another room of pinball machines for the same $25. Whether I pay 25 or 35, the machines are there. It doesn’t cost any more to let more people have access to the machines. You can still have special packages and offer the party, etc. for the people that want that. I personally wouldn’t pay $95 for the party, etc and to get into the extra ball lounge for 2 days, even if I was able to go for two days. But that’s just me.

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Cost of living has nothing to do with getting into another room of pinball machines for the same $25. Whether I pay 25 or 35, the machines are there. It doesn’t cost any more to let more people have access to the machines. You can still have special packages and offer the party, etc. for the people that want that. I personally wouldn’t pay $95 for the party, etc and to get into the extra ball lounge for 2 days, even if I was able to go for two days. But that’s just me.

So is it possible that this special room is where all the DMD games were this year? Selection in free play was hands down the slimmest in 4 years of the show.

#391 5 years ago

OMG, you guys. I busted ass for months getting my games ready for this show. Almost all were dmds besides space shuttle and Radical. 8 games I brought, loaded and unloaded by myself. I had shoulder surgery and knee surgery in the passed year. I volunteered at the show and helped keep things running. Your complaints are really making me NOT want to participate next year.

This is the ONLY Pinball show in New England. I'm sure some issues will be adjusted next year and the year after. This is still a newer show and Gabe and his team work all year round to provide you guys with a good show.

Please curb some of your complaining.

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

OMG, you guys. I busted ass for months getting my games ready for this show. Almost all were dmds besides space shuttle and Radical. 8 games I brought, loaded and unloaded by myself. I had shoulder surgery and knee surgery in the passed year. I volunteered at the show and helped keep things running. Your complaints are really making me NOT want to participate next year.
    This is the ONLY Pinball show in New England. I'm sure some issues will be adjusted next year and the year after. This is still a newer show and Gabe and his team work all year round to provide you guys with a good show.

Very happy you busted your ass getting your games ready. Wish I had had the chance to see most of them.

If no one complained, everyone would think all was well, so take these "suggestions" as just that.

I had a good time there, but at times the picking seemed a little slim (I was a Friday only guest - no EBL). This was my first ever pinball Expo, so maybe I should just consider this "the norm?"

I am very grateful that people take so much personal time to set up and run these types of events, please don't take my views as complaining, simply expressing thoughts.

#393 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I'm sure everyone appreciates your effort. Your games I did see looked great. But, the one game I was looking forward to seeing and playing was Radical. I'm not sure if the placement of the games is your choice or the shows so being in a room I couldn't get into was disappointing.

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

I'm sure everyone appreciates your effort. Your games I did see looked great. But, the one game I was looking forward to seeing and playing was Radical. I'm not sure if the placement of the games is your choice or the shows so being in a room I couldn't get into was disappointing.

Radical was in free play all day today.

#395 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

eabundy your pins in the free play area are always super nice. I couldn't attend a three day and was hoping to see that Getaway HS2 you restored...photos looked incredible. For all the buff00ns who bash I just want to say ZIP IT! Thank you for bringing those pins. It's people like you who make the show. I was only able to attend today but I thought it was fantastic and just like last year! I had a blast! Keep up the great work! Some of us appreciate it! Loved Radical...never saw one before....had two incredible games on it....fun pin!

#396 5 years ago

I somehow missed the fight. surely irishbastard kicked shackler's ass?!

#398 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

I’m not sure which posts upset you... and I can understand your frustration after all your hard work but please know what you did is appreciated (in fact I complimented your games a few hours ago in the sale post).

Although I’ve attended this event every year I’m not a hardcore guy who studies the different passes and benefits. I come one day and spend the $25 per person. I’m guessing most attendees are similar (but I don’t know). I don’t feel I’ve said anything negative in this thread or the other. I merely asked whether this special room impacted selection in the main free play room. That seems like a fair question and would obviously help me to decide what pass to get next year.

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

Wait a minute. This is not a non-profit sponsored event. This is a money making operation that sells an experience.

You’re using the show as a vehicle to sell all of those games, right? So, it’s not like your participation is borne exclusively out of altruism. I get that it’s an effort to bring the games, but your goal is to sell most of them. (You do bring great, clean games)

Yes, there are volunteers, but they receive (or should) some benefits, too.

I purchased the 4 day LE pass for $175. I was unable to come to the show until today at 5. All I can say is that if it’s advertised as a 4 day show, a good lot of the pins shouldn’t be gone on Saturday.

The general play area was sparse and a ton of games weren’t working. I really think Gabe needs to change the rules about games leaving on Saturday or make the event shorter.

The vendor area had fewer pins than the prior two years and almost all the latest pins were gone by the time I arrived.

I realize that putting in the show is a big effort and it is good to have a show in NE. Still, I was disappointed this year.
    0FD80742-D850-4430-8466-4EA2B668FA8B (resized).jpeg0FD80742-D850-4430-8466-4EA2B668FA8B (resized).jpeg5ADDD239-E271-4838-9FBA-F03231627B59 (resized).jpeg5ADDD239-E271-4838-9FBA-F03231627B59 (resized).jpeg8BAB95CE-B841-4A5A-BF42-710E09EC8C40 (resized).jpeg8BAB95CE-B841-4A5A-BF42-710E09EC8C40 (resized).jpeg9761E636-3D1B-4F7C-B6BA-C8211AE96AFA (resized).jpeg9761E636-3D1B-4F7C-B6BA-C8211AE96AFA (resized).jpegCDC3A855-81F9-4FF7-814F-8B16D73CEDDD (resized).jpegCDC3A855-81F9-4FF7-814F-8B16D73CEDDD (resized).jpeg

#400 5 years ago

10pm on a Saturday and the place is STILL hopping! A lot of the machines from the other rooms have been moved into this one as well.

2FB8E26D-2ADF-4304-96FD-FA837960DF70 (resized).jpeg2FB8E26D-2ADF-4304-96FD-FA837960DF70 (resized).jpeg
    There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-sturbridge-massachusetts-buy-sell-trade-and-beyond/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.