(Topic ID: 216316)

OFFICIAL PINTASTIC 2018- Sturbridge, Massachusetts- Buy, Sell, trade and beyond

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG
    2018-07-07 20.32.47 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180703_195305 (resized).jpg
    5A3BAA1A-25F3-487E-9454-57E8857D7778 (resized).jpeg
    marinehorn02.jpg
    onemillion (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Lost In Space entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show late 80s BK2K head (resized).jpg
    Best In Show late 80s BK2K entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power head and owner (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Early 80s Fire Power entire game (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Custom Lost in Space Head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit playfield (resized).jpg
    Best in Show Antique Mills Exhibit entire (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar head (resized).jpg
    Best in Show 1970s SS Gorgar entire game (resized).jpg

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
    #651 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

IMHFO judging pins is always subjective. I think original playfield, Cabinet and backglass should be given bonus points if they are well Preserved .
    Ribbons are nice, cash is King. Not a huge cash award like maybe 50$??? Honestly a cash prize would be incentive to bring fully restored pins over beat up show mules.

So if I offered a $50 cash to all the winners that would motivate you guys to bring the nicer restored ganes?

#652 5 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

So if I offered a $50 cash to all the winners that would motivate you guys to bring the nicer restored ganes?

I’d probably bring nicer pins . just clarify the rules as to game must be in the floor all day Saturday etc.., or something to that effect

#653 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

I do not wish this to be misunderstood but, can original playfield, cabinet and backglass really be judged the same as a restoration?
    Cleaning and shining up a machine is a lot different than saving a roached playfield or cabinet.
    Should survivor machines be judged in same category as restored machines?

It’s like a car . Numbers matching is always more sought after and should be awarded as such . Basically original can be in the same category as restored but more points awarded for games with original , cleaned, polished parts.

#654 5 years ago

I think we should be happy if the judges can evaluate the game in its current condition (playing AND appearance) at the show. The attempt to judge restoration and rehab would take too much time, both for the judges and the contestants showing their photos of how bad the game once was. The standard should be based on what a NIB copy without factory defects would be.
    .................David Marston

#655 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I love the Monday after because I get to install the goodies I bought. This year it’s mirror blades from Cointaker and a couple special blades from PinGraffix.

I purchased a lit speaker panel mod that was missing parts and a set of power blades that they didnt have at the show and that have still not arrived. The parts for my speaker panel finally arrived but getting a hold of Joe at pingraffix is near impossible. No phone # on his business card and he does not seem to return emails. Hopefully I will hear from them soon so I can enjoy the things I paid for several weeks ago.

#656 5 years ago

HI fiberdude
    I do apologize and very sorry to hear about your frustration. I took a week off to spend with the family on a much needed small vacation and I was not able to be reached. Of course now.. We are a bit backlogged. Please feel free to give me a call and I can be reached anytime (I am usually up until 4am every night) at 516 680 1787. OR... PM me your name and what you ordered at the show. We have been preparing all the items that were ordered at the show here and they will all be going out this upcoming week..
    Best!
    Joe

3 months later
    #657 5 years ago

2019 will be my first year going, Can anyone give me a good guide on tackling such an event? I'm also looking to purchase a machine (or two) while there. I have a few titles in mind but I'm not sure what I can expect. Thanks!

#658 5 years ago
    Quoted from Church:

2019 will be my first year going, Can anyone give me a good guide on tackling such an event? I'm also looking to purchase a machine (or two) while there. I have a few titles in mind but I'm not sure what I can expect. Thanks!

What do you need help with? Its a great show help in a decent hotel. Lots to play and do in the area, plenty of titles for sale in the free play area.

#659 5 years ago
    Quoted from Church:

Can anyone give me a good guide on tackling such an event?

If you can come over on Thursday night, you'll be able to scope out much of the show. You probably won't be able to see the auction setup. You can get an idea of what the seminars are like from our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hsYk9HhlG9AxvS2IgaUkA/playlists).

As we get closer to the show, the website will have a list of games that we expect will be brought to the show, and the list should display the sale status of each.

#660 5 years ago

Hey thanks guys, well I kinda wanted to know more about purchasing machines at the show. I have a short list of games that I would want to put in my home Like LOTR, Aerosmith, WOZ, or Ghostbusters(premium) to name a few. I did buy a 4 days premium pass so I will certainly be there Thursday. I guess my real question is if it's worth it buying used games from the show or is it better to just look online marketplaces? - Church

#661 5 years ago
    Quoted from Church:

Hey thanks guys, well I kinda wanted to know more about purchasing machines at the show. I have a short list of games that I would want to put in my home Like LOTR, Aerosmith, WOZ, or Ghostbusters(premium) to name a few. I did buy a 4 days premium pass so I will certainly be there Thursday. I guess my real question is if it's worth it buying used games from the show or is it better to just look online marketplaces? - Church

Many of the games you are looking to buy will be available in the Automated Services booth at a big show special. As far as used games there should be a good selection for same in free play.

Anyway get ready to have a blast and play a ton of pinball!

#662 5 years ago
    Quoted from Church:

I’ve attended all years (likely skipping 2019 though) but never bought a machine at the show. Although used machines sell at the show it isn’t really known for a ton of deals / sales compared to other shows like Allentown. Used machines come up all the time on here and there are lots of great collectors to buy from. I do agree that if you want a new machine there are vendors at that show to purchase from and I highly recommend doing so. Most of your desired titles have plenty of used versions if you want to save cash but sometimes there is nothing like a NIB game.

You will enjoy the show for sure especially if you are newer to pinball.

#663 5 years ago

I’ve shopped for pins every year at Pintastic and have bought pins there as well. This past year, we implemented a new game registration system that allows people to include sale information in the listing so it’s shared online as well as on the card. I haven’t pulled statistics, but anecdotally it felt like a much higher number of games were listed for sale and/or changing owners this past year, and I think we’ll see that trend continue now that it’s easier to connect buyers with sellers.

For owners wanting to sell your pins at Pintastic, you can put in all the information when you initially register the game, and edit it as needed (price changes, etc) at anytime—even during the show we can help you with updating the game card and the posting. For buyers, you’ll be able to see live online updates of what is available before and during the show.

#664 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

I’ve shopped for pins every year at Pintastic and have bought pins there as well. This past year, we implemented a new game registration system that allows people to include sale information in the listing so it’s shared online as well as on the card. I haven’t pulled statistics, but anecdotally it felt like a much higher number of games were listed for sale and/or changing owners this past year, and I think we’ll see that trend continue now that it’s easier to connect buyers with sellers.
    For owners wanting to sell your pins at Pintastic, you can put in all the information when you initially register the game, and edit it as needed (price changes, etc) at anytime—even during the show we can help you with updating the game card and the posting. For buyers, you’ll be able to see live online updates of what is available before and during the show.

At Pintastic we are inovating and you will see many new and cool things develope. We are raising the bar!

5 months later
    #665 4 years ago

Is there going to be an official 2019 buy sell trade for pintastic ?

#666 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Start one

#667 4 years ago

There is less need for one for Pintastic than for other shows. If you are bringing a game to sell that will be placed in the Free Play room, your efforts to sell are officially supported by the Pintastic Crew and our software. When you register the games you are bringing, use the for-sale checkbox to set the indicator, and those games so marked will be added to the games-for-sale subset of the list of games expected at the show.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/

If you have non-working games, consider Pintastic's outdoor Flea Market. We already have a handful of vendors expressing interest in selling their games and game parts in our front parking lot.

#668 4 years ago

Is there a way to filter the Pintastic games that are for sale on the web site? (without clicking into every game)

#669 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2019-buy-sell-party#post-4979243

#670 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Frank and I so much enjoyed this show...we each signed dozens and dozens of autograph cards, and met lots of first time to a show people, including children! The seminar went great (will be a separate video posted soon) and the separate regular 2 hour video of the show and the auction too! The surprise hit game at the show for me was the new Total Nuclear Annihilation. Its just terrific---I only got to play it late Friday night and just loved it...I filmed quite a bit of it for you to see in the long video going up in a couple weeks. Please watch now the live YouTube 45 minute video I made walking around on Friday late afternoon...its unedited and a continuous shot Frank filmed for me on my trusty cellphone. As the Wi-Fi in the building varies, the video quality varies...but it at least gets the jist of this fun show! The video is already up to 7 thumbs down--probably my usual loser subscribers stuck at home in the basement of Mom and Dad's basement, unemployed and overweight, waiting for Mom to tell him their Hot Pockets are ready!
    But at least Frank and I had a great time--and so many others did too!

Yea, what he said, and He’s a celebrity..... just saying

There are 670 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pintastic-2018-sturbridge-massachusetts-buy-sell-trade-and-beyond/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.