(Topic ID: 264806)

Pinstadiums and blades - magnetic strip on cabinet, or on blade art?

By SheriffBarclay

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimFNB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I was thinking about putting the magnetic strip backing directly on the cabinet, then installing blades over it, thereby not having anything directly attached to the blade art. Is this the correct way to go?

No. Art on cabinet then mag tape over art. Worst case if you opt to sell the game you could carefully pull the mag strips and the art won’t be ruined. Or just order his floating mounts and loose the magnets all together.

#3 4 years ago

Yeah get the hovers, especially if you want to move your pinstadiums to another machine at some point.

I inherited my first set of pinstadiums b/c the owner was very considerate and didn't want to ruin the art blades taking the magnets off.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinstadiums-and-blades-magnetic-strip-on-cabinet-or-on-blade-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.