• The walking dead premium 3 votes
    27%
  • Spiderman red 2 votes
    18%
  • Twilight zone 5 votes
    45%
  • Theatre of magic 0 votes

(11 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I said TZ because it's the darkest one of those in my experience with TWD being a close second. I've always thought MET and SM were bright enough with stock lighting, I've not played a lot of GB to judge that one. For this game I think the Omega would be great so that you have the built-in diffuser.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you add a none of the above category?

That took longer than expected, LOL!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Not a PinStadiums cheerleader here and definitely open to alternatives such as spotlights or other mods, but I bought a set for WoZ after the 2.0 Light upgrade that fixed lighting stability yet left the game way too dark, and the PinStadiums have really fixed the issue. They are adjustable so can set a level that doesn’t drown out the other important lights. The family really likes being able to play with different colors. I’m really happy with the purchase because they fixed a major issue. That being said, I’m not considering them for any games without darkness issues (which is all the other machines currently). Too bad to hear they are made in China. Looking back, I think I would have shopped around more if I had Known/considered that. Glad that this fact was mentioned. It makes me consider alternatives, if ever needed, down the road. Just thought I’d add a different perspective to help OP’s decision.

Any post about PinStadium on this site is like chumming the waters so keep that in mind when reading posts about them. I'm sure the LEDs themselves and the controller are made in China as are all the LEDs from Cointaker, Comet, etc. because that's where just about every electronic component has been made for the last 15 years. Scott assemblies these himself in Ohio. I agree with you about really dark games, these do the job very well for games like WOZ and Pinball Magic just to name two and as long as you dial them down they don't wash anything out. Of course not everyone likes them and they are expensive, not $600 topper expensive , but still very pricey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
Wanted
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinstadium-which-game?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.