New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271116)

Pinstadium which game

By embryon

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bobukcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pinstadium which game”

• Ghostbusters le 1 vote
    11%
  • Metallica monsters 0 votes
  • The walking dead premium 2 votes
    22%
  • Spiderman red 1 vote
    11%
  • Twilight zone 5 votes
    56%
  • Theatre of magic 0 votes

(9 votes)

#1 4 months ago

After some constructive advice/thoughts on which game would best benefit/best bang for buck from installing pinstadium.

Also which pinstadium if any would you go gi only, gi and flasher, gi/flasher/uv but I don't have cash to just burn for the hell of it.

Games:
Ghostbusters le with art blades
Metallica premium with mirror blades
Walking dead premium stock
Spiderman red stock
Twilight zone stock but might sell this game
Theatre of magic with mirror blades but might sell this game

So the sterns are more in the mix for the mod but interested in the responses.

Thanks

#2 4 months ago

I said TZ because it's the darkest one of those in my experience with TWD being a close second. I've always thought MET and SM were bright enough with stock lighting, I've not played a lot of GB to judge that one. For this game I think the Omega would be great so that you have the built-in diffuser.

#3 4 months ago

Can you add a none of the above category?

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can you add a none of the above category?

That took longer than expected, LOL!

#5 4 months ago

Hmm....I'd probably just put them on ebay.

#6 4 months ago

Knew I forgot an option. I can't seem to work out how to add none as a choice. But so far none looks like it's winning.

Juat up vote concretehardts post I guess thanks

#9 4 months ago

My TOTAN came with pinstadium. Talk about a good way to ruin a game's beautiful lighting.
Chucked those quick

#10 4 months ago

None. Overpriced made in China garbage product. If someone wants to obnoxiously brighten their machine with gaudy strips, there is cheaper alternatives..

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

None. Overpriced made in China garbage product. If someone wants to obnoxiously brighten their machine with gaudy strips, there is cheaper alternatives..

Not a PinStadiums cheerleader here and definitely open to alternatives such as spotlights or other mods, but I bought a set for WoZ after the 2.0 Light upgrade that fixed lighting stability yet left the game way too dark, and the PinStadiums have really fixed the issue. They are adjustable so can set a level that doesn’t drown out the other important lights. The family really likes being able to play with different colors. I’m really happy with the purchase because they fixed a major issue. That being said, I’m not considering them for any games without darkness issues (which is all the other machines currently). Too bad to hear they are made in China. Looking back, I think I would have shopped around more if I had Known/considered that. Glad that this fact was mentioned. It makes me consider alternatives, if ever needed, down the road. Just thought I’d add a different perspective to help OP’s decision.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Not a PinStadiums cheerleader here and definitely open to alternatives such as spotlights or other mods, but I bought a set for WoZ after the 2.0 Light upgrade that fixed lighting stability yet left the game way too dark, and the PinStadiums have really fixed the issue. They are adjustable so can set a level that doesn’t drown out the other important lights. The family really likes being able to play with different colors. I’m really happy with the purchase because they fixed a major issue. That being said, I’m not considering them for any games without darkness issues (which is all the other machines currently). Too bad to hear they are made in China. Looking back, I think I would have shopped around more if I had Known/considered that. Glad that this fact was mentioned. It makes me consider alternatives, if ever needed, down the road. Just thought I’d add a different perspective to help OP’s decision.

Any post about PinStadium on this site is like chumming the waters so keep that in mind when reading posts about them. I'm sure the LEDs themselves and the controller are made in China as are all the LEDs from Cointaker, Comet, etc. because that's where just about every electronic component has been made for the last 15 years. Scott assemblies these himself in Ohio. I agree with you about really dark games, these do the job very well for games like WOZ and Pinball Magic just to name two and as long as you dial them down they don't wash anything out. Of course not everyone likes them and they are expensive, not $600 topper expensive , but still very pricey.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Magazines/books
Just Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside