View topic image gallery

pincrapium (resized).JPG
a9297c0c2b05eb3a8c63f5ccea67194878e0e70b (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
giphyfadsf.gif
2C24C4AB-2D0F-4B33-A5EB-F9FB9ABB0B2C (resized).jpeg
1ABE5ADF-0B50-4E47-834D-62F950C92E5F (resized).jpeg
34AE73CA-0A28-4A6C-BA9B-E8749364D13A (resized).jpeg
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Thinking about spending a little money on my AC/DC. Which mod would you guys go with for AC/DC Pro? I’m leaning towards Pinstadium as I’ve never seen it in person and enjoy lighting effects with music pins such as ACDC.

Also, regarding pinstadium; there seems like so many choices now; i.e. pinstadium, Orion’s Belt, fusion, etc... What’s the best way to go for an ACDC Pro?

#2 5 years ago

colorDMD or invisiglass

#3 5 years ago

I’d go color dmd here. Don’t see any version of pinstadium as a must have for this game. I’ll be getting a set eventually but it will be for streaming to brighten up the playfield for the camera.

If you do go with pinstadium it should help with a lot of glare too. So there’s that.

#4 5 years ago

colordmd for the best impact, PDI the best mod nobody knows you installed (it's that good), pinstadium doesn't belong w these 2....aquired taste (for some)

#5 5 years ago

I should also clarify that i do have invisiglass on Acdc now (and all 3 of my games), but i am pulling the trigger on a new game very soon and that will get priority for the invisiglass leaving Acdc with standard new glass.

#6 5 years ago

I installed an LED colorDMD on my AC/DC Premium and I really think the game should have originally been made with a color DMD.
It makes a big difference and Stern should be ashamed to have created this game originally without it.
The color DMD, either LED or LCD should be first thing that you upgrade in my opinion.

#7 5 years ago

I just cannot live without color anymore. Must have for me.

#8 5 years ago

Pinstadium vs Color DMD? Hmmm. Let me think.

One is the most unnecessary, obnoxious and over-hyped mod ever.

The other is a huge improvement that everyone loves and also adds monetary value nearly equal to it's cost.

#9 5 years ago

Color DMD
Invisiglass
Mirror Blades
Any other mods

Pinstadium (only if I got them significantly discounted)

#10 5 years ago

I don’t own Pinstadium lights but I do have PDI glass and Color DMDs. The PDI glass is an indulgence. The Color DMD a necessity.

#11 5 years ago

ColorDMD all day and twice on Sunday!

#12 5 years ago

Your poll results give you the easy answer O.P. you will see images you never noticed before with color.

#13 5 years ago

ColorDMD. No question

#14 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I thought there would be more support for pinstadium, after all, we don’t play the display right?

Reason I was leaning towards pinstadium is because I’ve heard many people say you don’t need invisiglass with pinstadium.

That all said; poll results says it all so far. Too bad the same people weren’t voting on the TWIPYs

#15 5 years ago

So...this is pretty much convincing me to snag a color dmd for my ac/DC. What's the consensus for ac/dc, LCD?

#16 5 years ago

Make your own lights, and at a faction the price of pinstadium. If you’re going to spend money buy the ColorDMD.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks guys. I thought there would be more support for pinstadium, after all, we don’t play the display right?
Reason I was leaning towards pinstadium is because I’ve heard many people say you don’t need invisiglass with pinstadium.
That all said; poll results says it all so far. Too bad the same people weren’t voting on the TWIPYs

Genuinely appreciate the effort and time put into the TWIPY's, but as w any awards show, it's rare the "winners" are of consequence.

I actually think you don't need the sun, air, or water w the rainbow....

on a serious note....LCD can do HIRES, LED is a bit brighter w darker blacks, but can only do dots. I'm a HIRES guy on all my games, so I'd say LCD, then you can choose.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Pinstadium vs Color DMD? Hmmm. Let me think.
One is the most unnecessary, obnoxious and over-hyped mod ever.

Amen brotha!!!

#19 5 years ago

Pinstadium is an overpriced and overhyped product. WAY overpriced.

Color DMD is the best mod, and sells used for almost same price so you can pull it and resell if you choose

#20 5 years ago

This is the easiest decision you've ever made....color dmd by a mile....glass is second....

#21 5 years ago

Vs. Pinsound? I just took the plunge on a Pinsound board for my GNR as well as a couple ColorDMD's. I recommend making these purchases at 3:30am half blind off of tequila. That way you won't remember how much you spent. I know I won't regret it in the long run.

#22 5 years ago

Not to be that guy.... but while I agree of the three a color DMD is by far the most valuable improvement (and awesome) doesn’t seem necessary so crap on PS for creating a product many appreciate? He has for the record stayed in his marketing channel as many wished yet these threads keep popping up to slam his effort and a rather nice product (for some games) that I personally like. Not for everyone but not really a need for hate?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Vs. Pinsound? I just took the plunge on a Pinsound board for my GNR as well as a couple ColorDMD's. I recommend making these purchases at 3:30am half blind off of tequila. That way you won't remember how much you spent. I know I won't regret it in the long run.

Pinsound (not PinStadium) kicks ass...have in a couple of my games.....you're correct on the best time to buy mods...bourbon makes me push "buy" the further into the evening I go......

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Not the correct thread but how do you like the Pinsound and was it hard for an average guy (me) to set up? So want to try this just not sure if I’ll make it worse.

#25 5 years ago

Colordmd is the best mod I’ve ever bought.

#26 5 years ago

Yah but Pinstadium won the Twipy award for best mod so it must be the best mod.

#27 5 years ago

Not to be that guy.... but while I agree of the three a color DMD is by far the most valuable improvement (and awesome) doesn’t seem necessary so crap on PS for creating a product many appreciate? He has for the record stayed in his marketing channel as many wished yet these threads keep popping up to slam his effort and a rather nice product (for some games) that I personally like. Not for everyone but not really a need for hate?</blockquot

I disagree totally. He’s a money grabber that doesn’t care about much but a profit. I’ve nicely asked many times if he planned on offering a cheaper version that just lights the playfield without all the flash and he ignores me. I can’t stand the bling. It love the idea of a nice fully lit playfield. If he cared about customers at all he would offer different levels of product. Just my opinion and if everyone else doesn’t agree I can live with that. But I sure will post an opinion of the guy if it’s appropriate and it was asked about in this thread.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to be that guy.... but while I agree of the three a color DMD is by far the most valuable improvement (and awesome) doesn’t seem necessary so crap on PS for creating a product many appreciate? He has for the record stayed in his marketing channel as many wished yet these threads keep popping up to slam his effort and a rather nice product (for some games) that I personally like. Not for everyone but not really a need for hate?

Choosing not to engage, but definitely not for everyone, as marketing might suggest...(nor belongs w the other 2 mods mentioned).

#29 5 years ago

I have Pinstadiums and love them. Plus I have the Hooked led blue lightning bolts.

#30 5 years ago

I voted colordmd because it makes such an improvement on Stern games. The red dmd just looks so bad in comparison. I have colordmd on my MET and cringe whenever I play another MET without one.

Regular glass seems perfectly fine to me. I don't think I have seen pdi/invisiglass so maybe seeing it would change my mind. Glare from dmd only an issue on a few of my games and a $15 glare guard from Comet fixes that. Pinstadium also seems like overkill on a modern Stern game that is already plenty bright.
It would cost $3000 to put the glass and pinstadium lights on all 5 of my games. Just don't see the value in doing that.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Yah but Pinstadium won the Twipy award for best mod so it must be the best mod.

Isn't Pinstadium one of their sponsors?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I voted colordmd because it makes such an improvement on Stern games. The red dmd just looks so bad in comparison. I have colordmd on my MET and cringe whenever I play another MET without one.
Regular glass seems perfectly fine to me. I don't think I have seen pdi/invisiglass so maybe seeing it would change my mind...

We have MagicGlass on Houdini and it really does look great. Very noticeable, but obviously depends on lighting conditions. But ours was a package deal, so less painful on the wallet.

We also have a ColorDMD for our JD - huge difference and that would by my first choice for AC/DC. Really had a hard time figuring out the JD display at times when I would glance up just for a sec. Color (LCD) made all the difference. But I still like the bright red dots on AC/DC - goes well with the playfield. Picking between Color DMD LED and LCD might be a tough choice. The LED's are brighter.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Isn't Pinstadium one of their sponsors?

Retracting....Site has been a bit volatile for me today...Hope people like their pinstadiums..Just not for me

#34 5 years ago

If I bought a game from someone and it had PinStadium, I would pay them extra to rip it out of my new game.

ColorDMD all the way.

#35 5 years ago

C-DMD is the far and away winner, here

#36 5 years ago

Dudes.......do you not get it? It was a joke. April fool's. It's obviously a month long event

#37 5 years ago

Color dmd and invisiglass are a must!!!!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not the correct thread but how do you like the Pinsound and was it hard for an average guy (me) to set up? So want to try this just not sure if I’ll make it worse.

I'll let you know how it goes I purchased them in the wee hours of Saturday. I'm still hungover

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I'll let you know how it goes I purchased them in the wee hours of Saturday. I'm still hungover

Thanks, appreciate any feedback. Which game did you end up doing?

#40 5 years ago

ColorDMD is my favorite upgrade mod by far.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks, appreciate any feedback. Which game did you end up doing?

Have one in my BSD and it kills!!! Pretty straight ahead install, similiar to LEDOCD with some additional things to tweak and speaker connections (downloading favorite sounds via usb or doing custom, etc.). Replaces the Audio board completely. Creech is next for me!!!

#42 5 years ago

ColorDMD BEST MOD EVER.........Those dumb playfields lights that ruin everything WORST MOD EVER

#43 5 years ago

You couldn't pay me enough money to put pinstadiums in any of my games. I would do either ColorDMD or PDI but careful now as this is a very slippery slope because once you do one game you will wanna do the next and the next and the next... until your entire collection is done. At least this is the trend I noticed for my friends with ColorDMD or PDI

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You couldn't pay me enough money to put pinstadiums in any of my games. I would do either ColorDMD or PDI but careful now as this is a very slippery slope because once you do one game you will wanna do the next and the next and the next... until your entire collection is done. At least this is the trend I noticed for my friends with ColorDMD or PDI

This^^^^^

#45 5 years ago

Hands down Colordmd. After that (for me only) invisiglass but I think pinstadium is a great product and great idea. Want to put them on my games but every time I go to pull the trigger I do something else instead (like buy another game).

#46 5 years ago

The results of the poll in this thread kind of make you wonder about the twipys.

#47 5 years ago

Just got an IMDN premium and put it next to my TWD pro
Never had an issue with TWD, but now next to Maiden the playfield looks dark and was thinking about pinstadium? no?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just got an IMDN premium and put it next to my TWD pro
Never had an issue with TWD, but now next to Maiden the playfield looks dark and was thinking about pinstadium? no?

Try adding a couple spotlights first. Works on every other pin.

#49 5 years ago

If you're asking which ORDER of preference of the three mods, this is what I would do. Keep in mind I have PDI and ColorDMD on all my games. I don't feel I need Pinstadiums personally.

1. PDI will ALWAYS be my first choice. Why? Because you're ALWAYS looking through the playfield glass during the game. I won't try to defend whether the price is worth it because to me, it is.

2. ColorDMD is a MUST as well. Do you NEED it? No. The DMD display is kinda secondary anyways so all this does is help upgrade the overall look of the game. Case in point - I just installed a ColorDMD on a friend's BBB and was amazed at how it immediately modernized the look of the game. The original orange DMD on that game made it look so dated.

3. Pinstadium. Never used this product, never felt the need for it.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The results of the poll in this thread kind of make you wonder about the twipys.

Exactly. I can think of many other mods better than pin stadium. Very fishy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinstadium-vs-colordmd-vs-pdi-invisiglass?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.