View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180925-074907_Instagram (resized).jpg
tenor.gif
IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3703 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

All,

I've been waiting 5 years to put something like this on RR WOZ. It truly needs it. Love to see other JJP & Pinstadium pics.IMG_3704 (resized).jpgIMG_3704 (resized).jpg

Tim

IMG_3703 (resized).jpgIMG_3703 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
I've been waiting 5 years to put something like this on RR WOZ. It truly needs it. Love to see other JJP & Pinstadium pics.[quoted image]
Tim[quoted image]

Wow, night and day, very nice. What options did you select as far as the GI module, flasher color and did you get the invisishield?

#3 5 years ago

This product really did not need another product hawking thread.

In the future, please post in the Pinstadium thread or an existing thread for the specific game.

#4 5 years ago

ok, I surrender

Tim

Quoted from DCFAN:

In the future, please post in the Pinstadium thread or an existing thread for the specific game.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

DCFAN - Do you own pinside? Please point me to the page that lists guidelines/rules around posting on this site. For some reason, thought you could post anything you like if it was within the boundaries of pinside terms & conditions. HUGE THANKS in advance for sending me the information. I apparently missed years ago when joining pinside and donating to this wonderful site.
Just curious.
Tim

It is just that the Pinstadium product has been spamming the site for a couple years. It is a courtesy to all of us that don't want to be bombarded by what is essentially product ads that I ask to not start the new threads for products that already have threads. It benefits everyone that is reading the site regularly to not have to sort through redundant subject matter threads.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

I've been waiting 5 years to put something like this on RR WOZ. It truly needs it. Love to see other JJP & Pinstadium pics.

That looks great!

#7 5 years ago

Looks cool, sounds like a good thread to me. I’ll be putting my new Pin Stadium set into my JJP POTC as soon as I get it

#8 5 years ago

I understand people not wanting more pinstadium threads, but I loved seeing what it did for WOZ. The only one I played was so dark (perhaps an early build) that it was quite hard to play. Even seeing the new POTC I think the extra lighting would help.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looks cool, sounds like a good thread to me. I’ll be putting my new Pin Stadium set into my JJP POTC as soon as I get it

Oh come on! 3 downvotes?! You guys aren’t being very nice today. No Pin Stadiums on JJPOTC?

#10 5 years ago

Looks great! WOZ seems to benefit the most from this product.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Some of you guys are silly. Just drain the thread and move on.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh come on! 3 downvotes?! You guys aren’t being very nice today. No Pin Stadiums on JJPOTC?

Don't you shill or advertise the product enough on your podcast? I assume you get financial benefits from that?

#13 5 years ago

tenor.giftenor.gif

#14 5 years ago

man, that chic is hotttt... I wish I could find something like that zipped up in a bag and laying in the middle of the street around my place...

and as for pinstadiums... the only WOZ I ever played I couldn't see the damn ball either... so yes, nice addition... I don't have them on ALL my games, but I do own 4 sets now and love them!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Don't you shill or advertise the product enough on your podcast? I assume you get financial benefits from that?

Absolutely, I endorse great products. For me, Pin Stadium is one of them. The thread is not harming you buddy, it’s just a weak point to argue in my opinion. I take it you’re not a fan of the podcast? There are tons of others you may like. My favorites are H2H, EGP, KPP, SWL, and BRO (check out that use of acronyms).

I don’t mind the debate though, so I’m not trying to shoo you away.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The world ain’t coming to a end - so friggen what.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, night and day, very nice. What options did you select as far as the GI module, flasher color and did you get the invisishield?

I agree and have a question - what happens during lights out multiball? Does the whole thing shut off?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Absolutely, I endorse great products. For me, Pin Stadium is one of them. The thread is not harming you buddy, it’s just a weak point to argue in my opinion. I take it you’re not a fan of the podcast? There are tons of others you may like. My favorites are H2H, EGP, KPP, SWL, and BRO (check out that use of acronyms).
I don’t mind the debate though, so I’m not trying to shoo you away.

I didn't say I was not fan of the podcast. My only complaint is that it is hard to figure out how to listen sometimes between STDM and TWIP. Why not have the videos be podcasts as well since the sound gets the point across?

Also, there are a whole lot better pinball mods out there than Pinstadium that have much better pricing to boot. hell, I feel that ColorDMD, Invisiglass (probably over-priced similar to Pinstadium over-pricing) and LEDOCD (underpriced compared with other mods) are much better values than Pinstadium. Pinstadium kind of reminds me of the ricers putting lights under the edge of their cars. Pinstadium washes out the ambience of the pinball machine away from the designer's intentions in most cases. I spent about $15 and put three spotlights in my WOZ and it looks great and there is no place on the playfield that the ball is hard to see in a dark room and I still get the full effect of the color changing inserts and GI the way the designer and programmer intended.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I didn't say I was not fan of the podcast. My only complaint is that it is hard to figure out how to listen sometimes between STDM and TWIP. Why not have the videos be podcasts as well since the sound gets the point across?
Also, there are a whole lot better pinball mods out there than Pinstadium that have much better pricing to boot. hell, I feel that ColorDMD, Invisiglass (probably over-priced similar to Pinstadium over-pricing) and LEDOCD (underpriced compared with other mods) are much better values than Pinstadium. Pinstadium kind of reminds me of the ricers putting lights under the edge of their cars. Pinstadium washes out the ambience of the pinball machine away from the designer's intentions in most cases. I spent about $15 and put three spotlights in my WOZ and it looks great and there is no place on the playfield that the ball is hard to see in a dark room and I still get the full effect of the color changing inserts and GI the way the designer and programmer intended.

If it’s a value-based argument then yes three spotlights is cheaper, hardly as effective, but yes cheaper.

If it’s a designer-based argument then would you feel the same if you found out designers put them on their own games?

The product is not for everybody, but that doesn’t negate them being pretty bad ass. This thread is about them on JJP machines and I’m a big fan of that and believe that type of lighting looks much better than factory, especially on WOZ and DI, and I predict on POTC as well.

#19 5 years ago

I think having options is better than not having options....i don’t understand why it bothers people. Jelly you didn’t come up with the idea?

#20 5 years ago
Screenshot_20180925-074907_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180925-074907_Instagram (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago

The constant marketing of this product does get really old.

Yes, some games look better, but some look awful - no idea why people put up with the zebra stripes

And the endless quest to make games brighter seems strange as well....

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#22 5 years ago

Pinstadium is great for watching streaming events but that's about it. Not only is it very expensive and washes out regular lighting but the few times I played a game using Pinstadium the led strobe was magnified and I felt like I was about to have a seizure. jmo ymmv.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

The world ain’t coming to a end - so friggen what.

I agree and have a question - what happens during lights out multiball? Does the whole thing shut off?

The answer is, it depends. If you have the 2.0 lighting system they do not go out during lights out multiball but with the original system it goes out during ALL the Crystal Ball modes and in some other modes. This is only if you have the GI integration module and have it wired into one of the "GI" (there is no true GI in WOZ per se) LEDs. I usually have mine setup with the GI integration on but if I want to play really serious games or if I were to stream (I don't but my friend chuckwurt has done his gig here once or twice) I'd leave them on all the time which is pretty easy to do. Lights out MB doesn't actually kill the GI in WOZ, it just dims it and makes it blue, the real challenge of it is that none of the inserts light to tell you what to shoot or what you have hit.

It's not Lights-out mode but here's a short video of them in action on my non-2.0 RR in ECMB (sorry for the crappy game play but it's pretty typical for me).

WOZ absolutely benefits tremendously from PinStadiums (and I receive the opposite of financial support for having them, they cost me money).

3 weeks later
#24 5 years ago

The extra lighting is great, but without any diffusion, all the reflective surfaces bounce back hundreds of dots.

I've not seen it in person, so maybe it's just picked up on camera... but to me that seems like an annoying dealbreaker.

3 years later
#25 2 years ago

Which of the Pinstadium kits is best for WOZ and why the difference? I’m thinking of getting the middle kit but wondering if there is feedback to just get the cheaper kit or if the top of the line kit does anything needed on the game. Thanks in advance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinstadium-jjp-pics?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.