Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by EricHadley
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpc95-noav-replacement (resized).png
    20170221_135549 (resized).jpg
    20170221_135541 (resized).jpg
    20170221_135358.resized (resized).jpg
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

What are you trying to do specifically? Just get it working in the first place? This confused me at first too.

Have you downloaded the files from the PinSound forum? You have to load the files onto the USB drive after downloading, then insert into the PinSound board, then turn the game on. The game will do what it needs to do, assuming you've loaded them correctly.

It doesn't work anything like Pinball Browser, where you just swap through - the files are not accessible just from your game unless you're set up to record them (you're not, and there's no reason to do so

Once you've loaded several mixes onthe USB, you can switch between them by reducing the game volume on the coin door to 0, then bringing it back up loud

1 month later
    #53 7 years ago

any update on this harness/cable guys?

#54 7 years ago

If I can use NBA Jam arcade game music or Quote on NBAFB that would be "BOOMSHAKALAKA".

3 months later
    #55 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

any update on this harness/cable guys?

The PinSound WPC95 No-Audio-Video replacement kits are available on our shop:
    https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=42&controller=product&id_lang=1

Everything needed (except the DMD board) is included in this replacement kit.

wpc95-noav-replacement (resized).pngwpc95-noav-replacement (resized).png

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSound:

The PinSound WPC95 No-Audio-Video replacement kits are available on our shop:
    https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=42&controller=product&id_lang=1
    Everything needed (except the DMD board) is included in this replacement kit.

That's great news!
    Now to order some...it's only money....it's only money

#57 6 years ago

I got 5 this week! Installing TZ's today

#58 6 years ago

Wow,5 at $399.95 ea.???

#59 6 years ago

Remember, all,this does not work with Pinovators headphone mod!!You have to choose,One,or ,the other!

#60 6 years ago

Great news! Did my WPC95 replacement a while back. Still rocking! Fantastic product!

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,5 at $399.95 ea.???

yup, and 5 sets of speakers.....That was a pretty penny. Just installed one in TZ, it's awesome! Need to figure out how to stop that really loud sound at boot up though

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

yup, and 5 sets of speakers.....That was a pretty penny. Just installed one in TZ, it's awesome! Need to figure out how to stop that really loud sound at boot up though

You can create a .Wav file at a lower volume and name it "boot.wav" and put in the root of the USB drive. I'll see if I can make one this afternoon and send it somehow

#63 6 years ago

Thx, I got it. I just copied a .wav from the game and put it as the boot.wav, in the case of TZ I used the horn honk sound. Problem solved

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Thx, I got it. I just copied a .wav from the game and put it as the boot.wav, in the case of TZ I used the horn honk sound. Problem solved

Brilliant!

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Nice and simple....nice work!

1 week later
    #66 6 years ago

I recently purchased a Pinsound board and installed it into my Medieval Madness.  I also installed the Pinsound AV ribbon set because my AV board is out for service and I swaped the board set out with a DMD 89 board with the Pinsound.  After plugging all the cabling in, the Pinsound board flashes yellow on the running status LED light and the daughter board where the flash drive plugs into never lights the status green LED light.  It stays off.  I checked the cabling numerous times and it seems that all the power including the 5 volts is present.  I also tested the fuses with a volt meter.  I am also running a Color DMD which gets its power from the power driver board. Any help would be appreciated.  

Note : I am also using a RottenDog CPU and WPC 89 DMD board in the game. I heard that possibly the RottenDog CPU board's regulated and unregulated power may be an issue?

I also just tested it with a WPC 95 CPU board and having the same issue. The board never boots.

Lee

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

I recently purchased a Pinsound board and installed it into my Medieval Madness.  I also installed the Pinsound AV ribbon set because my AV board is out for service and I swaped the board set out with a DMD 89 board with the Pinsound.  After plugging all the cabling in, the Pinsound board flashes yellow on the running status LED light and the daughter board where the flash drive plugs into never lights the status green LED light.  It stays off.  I checked the cabling numerous times and it seems that all the power including the 5 volts is present.  I also tested the fuses with a volt meter.  I am also running a Color DMD which gets its power from the power driver board. Any help would be appreciated.  
    Note : I am also using a RottenDog CPU and WPC 89 DMD board in the game. I heard that possibly the RottenDog CPU board's regulated and unregulated power may be an issue?
    I also just tested it with a WPC 95 CPU board and having the same issue. The board never boots.
    Lee

unseat and reseat your CPU ribbon cable - this is where most have had trouble. Power (i.e. enough voltage) shouldn't be an issue unless you have a huge amount of mods on there.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

Lee

For what it's worth, I'm running PinSound flawlessly in Getaway (WPC89?) with multiple RD boards. I still don't know why people (not you) want to run down RD every chance they get as I and others I know have had nothing but success with them. However, they sure do seem to get blamed for everything.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For what it's worth, I'm running PinSound flawlessly in Getaway (WPC89?) with multiple RD boards. I still don't know why people (not you) want to run down RD every chance they get as I and others I know have had nothing but success with them. However, they sure to seem to get blamed for everything.

I agree, RD boards are great and a life saver for hard to find boards.

#70 6 years ago

Also just installed a PinSound in friend's Jurassic Park (Data East) with RD boards, and again PS works great.

#71 6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I think the RD boards are great also. I just stated that in my post just in case it matters. I heard maybe power issues can be a result? Don't know. Still waiting for the Pinsound brothers to get back to me on this , I know this is not their full time gig.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also just installed a PinSound in friend's Jurassic Park (Data East) with RD boards, and again PS works great.

Did you need to add the external power supply?

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you need to add the external power supply?

He hasn't yet, but will. 5V pass through is registering about 4.7.

#74 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to change mixes on Whitestar? I've tried lowering the volume down to 0 but it won't switch mixes

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-wpc95-audiovideo-board-replacement/page/2?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.