Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by turbo2nr
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fucking sucks II (resized).jpg
    fucking sucks (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I'm putzing around with a Pinsound Studio and trying to balance out individual voice callouts, sfx and music volumes. I already used audacity to maximize the native voice call outs when converting them to .wav. When I load the mix into Pinsound Studio only a few of the file folders show up and Pinsound just plays them in a row really fast. Any tips or tricks?

#2 6 years ago

Figured out a little bit about volume. Pinsound will create a text file called "gain" that contains a number to adjust all the sound files in that specific folder. So if you want a specific sound to be louder, and it is the only file in that folder, the "gain" text file will just have "20" or some other volume that you can set in Pinsound Studios or manually create in the folder. If you have several files in a folder, the gain will be applied universally. Also, you can set it in folders, such as "voice" "sfx" "jingle" or "music" and all the files in those underlying folders will be set with said gain setting.

Audacity does have the ability to "normalize" several files so their volumes are relatively close, so hopefully multiple files in a single folder will have about the same level of loudness.

Still can't get Pinsound Studio to show all the file folders though...

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobwiley:

Still can't get Pinsound Studio to show all the file folders though...

This feature will be in the next release, working on it

6 months later
    #4 5 years ago

Wasn't sure where to post - so this was the closest. When my Pinsound boots the startup boot.wav is way louder than the ingame sounds. I want to reduce the volume of that but its unaffected by the in game sound volume setting. Any tips? The Pinsound website doesn't have much helpful info in terms of controlling it.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Junglist:

Wasn't sure where to post - so this was the closest. When my Pinsound boots the startup boot.wav is way louder than the ingame sounds. I want to reduce the volume of that but its unaffected by the in game sound volume setting. Any tips? The Pinsound website doesn't have much helpful info in terms of controlling it.

You could just edit the boot.wav file itself to be a lower volume. Audacity is a free audio file editing tool which can do that easily.

8 months later
    #6 5 years ago

Thanks for posting. I just put a PinSound in my Guns N' Roses and the music is much louder than everything else. I'll have to mess with this!

1 year later
    #7 3 years ago

+1 for lowering boot.wav in Audacity

#8 3 years ago

or just make your own custom boot.wav file

1 year later
    #9 2 years ago

If no gain file is present, then what is the default gain value?

If I set gain to 2 in text file, is that louder or more quiet than if I have no gain file?

Also, what is the range of this value? 1-??

What is max gain value? 20?

After sound package is installed...I am adding and changing this text file and I do not hear any changes! ??

Tried adding this text file with 2, 6, 12, 20 and then reboot and the One music file seems the exact same to me.

Scott

#10 2 years ago

Can we go negative??

Gain = -4 for example?

Can we have more detailed info on this please?

#11 2 years ago

Ejected usb flash from game.

Changes to the gain files do absolutely nothing.

Had a great time wasting yet another half hour on pinsound.

I guess these changes need to be made before unzip and the initial install of sound package?

#12 2 years ago

PinSound

Can we edit gain value after sound package is installed?
    Pull out USB and create a gain text file in folder, then put USB back into game and boot.

Because for me I do not notice any changes at all.

Thanks,
    Scott

#13 2 years ago

I log in to community forum on pinsound site.
    Type out my new thread and submit.

The F'n thread never posts!! Just hangs-up and I cannot create a new topic.

Does everything related to pinsound just suck? Hardware is good! Support, instructions, discussion is the worst.

fucking sucks (resized).jpgfucking sucks (resized).jpg
    #14 2 years ago

Your forum is broken! Cannot make a new thread for support.

#15 2 years ago

Someone asking similar questions as me years ago.

NO REPLY! DEAD THREAD! ??

So, I guess it doesn't matter if my question/thread is created? Nobody would bother to answer I guess?

Excellent support Pinsound guys! The best!

fucking sucks II (resized).jpgfucking sucks II (resized).jpg
    #16 2 years ago

This is my 3rd time trying a pinsound board (and my last!!)

Horrible support! Incomplete instructions.

Anyone want this POS? I'm selling it.

Scott

#17 2 years ago

We just received your email, thank you for reaching us directly (as we cannot scan and check all the forums every day). We usually reply to every support request within 24h.

I'm sorry you experienced this issue, we just sent you a complete response by email.

As it might be interesting for other PinSound users:

Gain.txt: this file format description to change the gain is not supported for a very long time. The correct way to change a gain of a specific sound is through the PinSound Studio Pro. You open the sound pack in the software, you locate or search for the sound you want to modify, you choose the gain and you save your sound pack. You can put the flash drive back to the sound board and you're all set.

Config.ini : this file format is not used anymore. I'm deeply sorry you've been confused with old configuration files that are not supported. Everything can be defined in the PinSound Studio Pro with improved and new features.

USB flash drive: the thumb drive must stay connected in the sound board.

-> https://www.pinsound.org/products/pinsound-studio-pro/

#18 2 years ago

Can't create a new topic/thread on you community forum.

There is no good updated manual or instructions. I am sick of wasting my time once again on this product. It's the Third game and Third time I try your product. It will be my last time also.

My time is too valuable to waste on this!
    Maybe one day you make an actual manual to download for owners to read? Maybe not? At this point I no longer care. Back to original DCS once again for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-volume-adjusting-help?hl=turbo2nr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.