You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pinsound Twilight Zone worth it? ”

• Get Pinsound for Twilight Zone 19 votes
    27%
  • The game will be less fun without original track 27 votes
    39%
  • I don’t know about this Pinsound stuff, but I like to vote in polls 24 votes
    34%

(70 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED5C5C3A-1BA9-4E6C-94E2-D798EB94685E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #92 Usb recommendations Posted by Rdoyle1978 (1 year ago)

Post #95 Usb 3 Posted by Rdoyle1978 (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

On the one hand I don't know how anyone couldn't like Twilight Zone's default soundtrack. The jackpot theme is one of the greatest pieces of FM synth music every created IMHO, and that's just one of many fantastic tracks. On the other hand, as far as I'm aware TZ doesn't have any interactive audio stuff such as seamless transitions or synchronized lights or anything like that, so not much will be lost if you buy a Pinsound and use the original mix (My biggest pet peeve with Pinsound is that those sorts of effects are lost completely, so any game that uses them isn't a good fit for Pinsound).

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What's a good example of this? Whitewater is the only game I can think of which has direct interactivity with the audio. That definitely *is* lost with the PinSound since there's no algorithm tying the gameplay to the audio

Some other good examples are Addams Family, as you never get Thing flipping the flippers during the bonus jingle, Rollergames completely gives up doing the bonus countdown animation since that's supposed to be synced to the music, the music slowing down on Funhouse when Rudy falls asleep doesn't work quite right, seamless song endings on games like Diner, Creature, and Riverboat Gambler are lost, etc.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I doubt one would miss the differences in TAF, given how good the upgrade is, and how inconsequential the missing feature is. Granner specifically singled out WH20 as missing a major capability, in that the PinSound can’t (yet) speed up music when you’re going down the falls .. so that’s a Bummer, but it’s not the end of the world either.

Actually I'm pretty sure the music does change as you progress down the river, but what's missing are the seamless transitions between those tracks as well as the intros each track has. The same applies for the Wet Willie's tracks and the really nice transition you get from the Wet Willie's theme to the first raft theme when finishing the mode.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sound quality was typically not high on the feature list of these pins that were for the most part intended to be placed in noisy arcades.

Okay now that simply isn't true. The technology may not have always been top of the line but the amount of passion and detail put into the soundtracks and sound packages of classic Williams games was above and beyond what they needed to do considering that yes, most of the games ended up in noisy arcades. If you put on some headphones and listen to just about any soundtrack by one of Williams' sound designers I guarantee you'll hear details you've never noticed before.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No please do not do that, they can’t be involved because of the PPS situation

What does PPS have to do with this? Williams' copyright is for the original recordings. I wouldn't think they would be able to claim ownership over new recordings even if the lines are the same. Unless you're referring to some other potential legal issue I'm not aware of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-twilight-zone-worth-it-?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.