Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Kenz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

With the news that pinsound is going to bring in more system 11 compatibility in 2022, it begs the question: which system 11 do you want to redo the sound on? I’ll go first: Phantom of the Opera. Putting Lloyd Webber music to that machine will take it to a whole other level!

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Seanlaughlin:

With the news that pinsound is going to bring in more system 11 compatibility in 2022, it begs the question: which system 11 do you want to redo the sound on? I’ll go first: Phantom of the Opera. Putting Lloyd Webber music to that machine will take it to a whole other level!

I agree, although the POTO music is pretty good as it is. Problem is, it ain't a System 11 game.

#3 2 years ago

You’re right of course - in their email they said system 11 and Data East, so I included phantom

Quoted from truemagoo102:

I agree, although the POTO music is pretty good as it is. Problem is, it ain't a System 11 game.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Seanlaughlin:

I love the stock audio on that pin, but the original score would be great as well. Early DE pins had great sound, and in stereo! No one else I'm aware of gave us stereo until Spike Stern ~30 years later.

#5 2 years ago

If anyone dares put a Pinsound in Black Knight 2000, I hope the Black Knight personally visits and gives them a good thrashing!

In all seriousness, a lot of the older System 11 and Data East games make use of lots of great adaptive music effects that Pinsound, to my knowledge, doesn't emulate. So if you put a Pinsound on BK2000, say goodbye to the seamless audio transitions, sounds being synced to the beat of the music, etc. Monday Night Football is another good example. That game doesn't really have much in the way of music, what makes it shine is all the short music stings and different sound/drum effects that come in and out based on what's going on in-game, all synced to the rhythm and key of the base track.

Until Pinsound is able to maintain the adaptive music functionality that lots of these games had, I'll always consider it a downgrade for any of them.

3 months later
    #6 1 year ago

Is this still happening or what?

3 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago

The first System 11 Pinsound project for me HAS to be F-14!! Anxiously waiting for this opportunity.

#8 1 year ago

Black Knight 2000 for me

2 weeks later
    #9 1 year ago

Taxi, all days of the week!

I'm already half way done with the music.

Anyone willing to help me out recording callouts? It will be appreciated. If so, please contact me

I've been in contact with Nicolas at pinsound for nearly two years now about this. Haven't heard from him for a long time now.

2 weeks later
    #10 1 year ago
    Quoted from DuffysArcade:

The first System 11 Pinsound project for me HAS to be F-14!! Anxiously waiting for this opportunity.

The F14 soundtrack is so good, but tell me you’re putting “Danger Zone” in it?

1 week later
    #11 1 year ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The F14 soundtrack is so good, but tell me you’re putting “Danger Zone” in it?

If Pinsound does come to System 11 (It seriously should!) I know exactly what tunes would work amazing for F-14, in addition to it's kickass current soundtrack:

Multiball Theme

High Score/Attract Mode Tune?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sgrsgr:

Taxi, all days of the week!
    I'm already half way done with the music.

Anyone willing to help me out recording callouts? It will be appreciated. If so, please contact me
    I've been in contact with Nicolas at pinsound for nearly two years now about this. Haven't heard from him for a long time now.

I think you've captured the soul of the original Taxi pretty well. Kudos! Looming forward to hearing your end result.

4 months later
    #13 1 year ago

I'm in for F-14 Tomcat! Where did you see they are making additional System 11 game compatibility? I hope its for System 11A/B !!

10 months later
    #14 6 months ago

No ETA on this yet eh?

3 weeks later
    #15 6 months ago
    Quoted from Cariba:

No ETA on this yet eh?

I think it’s happened - but the problem is there are no base sound files for a lot of games?

#16 6 months ago

Waiting for Dr Dude as my sound card has almost given up powering the pinsound speakers!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-system-11- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.