(Topic ID: 223259)

Pinsound speakers plus powered subwoofer?

By Segafan1985

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a pinsound plus installed in my Batman Data East machine. I want to buy the pinsound speakers upgrade kit. It says no permanent modification required. But I also have a powered home theater subwoofer installed by soldering RCA audio cables from inside the machine by the coin door and running them to the subwoofer. If I add the pinsound speakers will the soldered RCA cables still work with the subwoofer? I guess in short im asking can I use the Pinsound speakers upgrade plus my powered subwoofer at the same time? Do you connect the pinsound upgraded apeakers directly from the pinsound board? Sorry im a newb I had the pinball dealer install the pinsound board and subwoofer.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Segafan1985:

I have a pinsound plus installed in my Batman Data East machine. I want to buy the pinsound speakers upgrade kit. It says no permanent modification required. But I also have a powered home theater subwoofer installed by soldering RCA audio cables from inside the machine by the coin door and running them to the subwoofer. If I add the pinsound speakers will the soldered RCA cables still work with the subwoofer? I guess in short im asking can I use the Pinsound speakers upgrade plus my powered subwoofer at the same time? Do you connect the pinsound upgraded apeakers directly from the pinsound board? Sorry im a newb I had the pinball dealer install the pinsound board and subwoofer.

Yes Pinsound upgrade speakers connect to the Pinsound board
Via a stereo cable they supply (I think
You
Get
It packaged with the speakers but don't quote me on that)

The sub is another story, where does it connect to?

Most likely the Pinsound upgrade speakers are fine but it really
Depends on where the sub is connecting to

#3 5 years ago

I think the sub is connected to the speaker wire of the small stock/built in sub in the pinball machine. It is in the center accessable by going through the coin door firing down at the floor.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Segafan1985:

I think the sub is connected to the speaker wire of the small stock/built in sub in the pinball machine. It is in the center accessable by going through the coin door firing down at the floor.

I am confused by the “going through the coin door” part. No wires for any speakers go through the coin door, so they must have done something custom.

Edit: ok I think I get what you mean. Your powered sub is just connected to the regular cabinet woofer.

If it’s a powered sub most likely you are fine as the sub is not drawing a lot of power from the board, but if the board is for some reason (bad design / bad wiring job) putting out a lot of power, you can get resets. I have to assume the place where you had this done also matched the proper impedance of the speaker, otherwise you will be overdriving the pinsound board and it will eventually blow an amplifier. I’d ask them

#5 5 years ago

So you think sound will come out of both the stock subwoofer and the new pinsound speakers? My concern that it was one or the other but not both (i must choose to use pinsound speakers OR cabinet speakers essentially.)

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Segafan1985:

So you think sound will come out of both the stock subwoofer and the new pinsound speakers? My concern that it was one or the other but not both (i must choose to use pinsound speakers OR cabinet speakers essentially.)

Does your powered external sub AND the woofer in the cabinet produce sound? Then the pinsound speakers will also

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, OH
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-speakers-plus-powered-subwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.