(Topic ID: 197595)

pinsound speakers - has anyone got them

By ajnin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hello,

I have ordered a pinsound card and am looking to replace my speakers. I have read lots of good things about pinballpro speakers, but shipping to Australia is off the charts. (the postal service is expensive not pinballpro)

pinsound are selling their own branded speakers. Has anyone got these in their machine or know of review I can read ?

pinsound shipping costs are less as its from France and not the USA and it will save me a bunch of money if I can get them from there, but if pinballpro are better I will just save the extra cash and order them

NOTE: sorry for any confusion the SHIPPING is expensive. It is the postal service that charge this NOT pinballpro

cheers

#2 6 years ago

Our Pinballpro pinsound kits are only $100 http://pinballpro.net/product-category/all-products/pinsound/

Unfortunately the post office is who is off the charts, changing $94.30 that's actual cost for Priority Mail. I wish they were less. Australia is hands down the most expensive to ship to. You will however be very happy with the sound, we have many customers in Australia. Certainly buying multiple kits will show a savings for you as well.

Thanks
    Greg M
    Pinballpro.com

#3 6 years ago

I have them installed in 2 machines. For $100 (same as PP kit and I think the FF kit) they are worth it. The speakers are high quality drivers and I believe they are Kevlar cones, which is a pretty big deal. The install is pretty much the same for all 3 kits

Once installed, the pinsound board will handle your bass and treble management so you don't need the additional crossover volume knob (part of why this kit is less $$).

That said, you MUST be using a good pinsound mix to take advantage of the speakers being in stereo. The greatest speakers in the world will still sound lousy if they are playing low quality sounds. What game are you putting this in?

And as Greg said, check shipping cost. Pinsound stuff ships from France so if you
    Order off their website it MAY be cheaper shipping to Aus

Good luck!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Our Pinballpro pinsound kits are only $100
    Unfortunately the post office is who is off the charts, changing $94.30 that's actual cost for Priority Mail. I wish they were less. Australia is hands down the most expensive to ship to. You will however be very happy with the sound, we have many customers in Australia. Certainly buying multiple kits will show a savings for you as well.
    Thanks
    Greg M
    Pinballpro.com

Yes, sorry it is the postal service that is expensive. Not Pinballpro. I updated my post to make that more clear.

cheers

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have them installed in 2 machines. For $100 (same as PP kit and I think the FF kit) they are worth it. The speakers are high quality drivers and I believe they are Kevlar cones, which is a pretty big deal. The install is pretty much the same for all 3 kits
    Once installed, the pinsound board will handle your bass and treble management so you don't need the additional crossover volume knob (part of why this kit is less $$).
    That said, you MUST be using a good pinsound mix to take advantage of the speakers being in stereo. The greatest speakers in the world will still sound lousy if they are playing low quality sounds. What game are you putting this in?
    And as Greg said, check shipping cost. Pinsound stuff ships from France so if you
    Order off their website it MAY be cheaper shipping to Aus
    Good luck!

I am putting it in The Getaway: High Speed II Mr_Tantrum has created some really sweet sounding orchestrations and made them available for free download on the PinSound Community site., everything is in stereo and sounds sick! He has uploaded a cool youtube video of his efforts.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from ajnin:

I am putting it in The Getaway: High Speed II Mr_Tantrum has created some really sweet sounding orchestrations and made them available for free download on the PinSound Community site., everything is in stereo and sounds sick! He has uploaded a cool youtube video of his efforts.

That is BY FAR the best PinSound mix out there. You are making a good decision...

3 weeks later
    #7 6 years ago
    Quoted from ajnin:

Yes, sorry it is the postal service that is expensive. Not Pinballpro. I updated my post to make that more clear.
    cheers

I am finding we can use EBay to ship to Australia for about 1/2 price. They handle all of my shipping via global ship program and I have no idea how they do it.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I am finding we can use EBay to ship to Australia for about 1/2 price. They handle all of my shipping via global ship program and I have no idea how they do it.

Economy of scale...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-speakers-has-anyone-got-them and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.