4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7D1A2F59-2D0C-42B4-BA71-85D0C695A1E4 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Only68s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I bought a AFM original that was running pinsound speakers. I want to put those same speakers into my twilight zone which is a wpc89. The pinsound harness has a pos and negative going to the sound board but my tz has only a positive going to the sound board and the negative ties into the cabinet speaker. I looked on pinsound a website and they say that their wpc pinsound kit fits 89 dcs and 95. My question is can I just solder the original speaker wire harness to the pinsound speakers or will it damage the original sound board? Just for clarification I’m only using the pinsound speakers on the original sound boards. I’m not using a pinsound board.

7D1A2F59-2D0C-42B4-BA71-85D0C695A1E4 (resized).png7D1A2F59-2D0C-42B4-BA71-85D0C695A1E4 (resized).pngimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You should check the impedance on the speakers. PinSound can run 4ohm and 8ohm speakers and you should make sure the speakers are matched to the cabinet speaker, which should be 8ohm. The backbox speakers should be 4ohm
Anyway make —sure— you are using the original wiring from the TZ. Try to match the pos and neg connections to the drivers. I believe the pos is the black/yellow wire and neg is the black. The original wiring is in series and the PinSound speakers are hooked up in parallel, so make sure the TZ has the original wiring
Why are you doing this anyway? You won’t get much out of the PinSound speakers in a WPC89 game without a PinSound board.
If you are wanting to increase the bass from the cabinet speaker, you’ll also need to add an L-Pad and crossover in order to crank the bass. Or buy Flipper fidelity speakers. But I’d just get a PinSound.

Thanks for the help, I just wanted to put them to use because i had them leftover. Ill just hold off until i add the pinsound board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Only68s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-speaker-help?tu=Only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.