(Topic ID: 198144)

Pinsound setup issue

By FlipMyBalls

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey all. I'm new to pinsound boards. I have read all of the forum posts I can and I see a lot of different startup issues some similar to mine but haven't quite been able to figure it out.

I have a GNR data east. Installation seemed to go well. I put the Julien sound file on a flash drive and then put the flash drive in the board. Fired it up. Told me it was updating, 10% 20% etc all the way until completion. About an hour and a half install. Then there is some opening music from the game (before hitting start) sound is crisp and clear and definitely better than before. But after I hit the start button I have no sound.

No music no sfx. Nothing. I have tried different usbs but
same result. Not really sure what to try next. It's odd I get a GNR sorta attract mode sound but nothing up in startup. Files seem to be sorted as they should be in the audio folder.

What should I try next???

Thanks

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Hey all. I'm new to pinsound boards. I have read all of the forum posts I can and I see a lot of different startup issues some similar to mine but haven't quite been able to figure it out.
I have a GNR data east. Installation seemed to go well. I put the Julien sound file on a flash drive and then put the flash drive in the board. Fired it up. Told me it was updating, 10% 20% etc all the way until completion. About an hour and a half install. Then there is some opening music from the game (before hitting start) sound is crisp and clear and definitely better than before. But after I hit the start button I have no sound.
No music no sfx. Nothing. I have tried different usbs but
same result. Not really sure what to try next. It's odd I get a GNR sorta attract mode sound but nothing up in startup. Files seem to be sorted as they should be in the audio folder.
What should I try next???
Thanks

Have you tried to use the PinSound Studio app to load the sound package to the USB key? I have a pinsound board for White Water and on occasion I have to re-start the game to get the sounds working. Also, it takes 1-2 min to load.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from sscnz:

Have you tried to use the PinSound Studio app to load the sound package to the USB key? I have a pinsound board for White Water and on occasion I have to re-start the game to get the sounds working. Also, it takes 1-2 min to load.

Ok thanks for the response! I will give the pinsound app a shot. I tried reloading the files from scratch yesterday with the same result. This morning I formatted the thumb drive and put on the original GNR game mix and it's currently loading up.will Give the app a shot after this is completed

#4 6 years ago

Ok so I tried the different file. Hour of updating. Exact Same response. Then i downloaded the pinsound software and tried doing the file extraction process through thier software and tried again. Same response (however way faster than doing it on the pinball machine which helps troubleshoot faster).

Then i realized i hadnt tried updating firmware. I downloaded and updated the latest firmware and it installed as it should. Set up the sound files again on the usb, same response. That base attract mode song followed by absolutely nothing after I start up a game and play.

Not really sure what to look at next

#5 6 years ago

Timothy at pinsound helped me out! He stated it was a communication issue and after sending a photo he found I had the ribbon cable upside down. Flipped it around and it worked like a charm!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-setup-issue?hl=sscnz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.