Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by groobo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NewScreenShot.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigTuna.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Okay so I bought and received my board. I have been struggling to get the audio files to work. I've encountered everything from "no wav files found", "not enough space" and "error extracting files". But now it looks like I finally got it. I did't think it would be this challenging.

My question is how long does this process take? I mean, now I am getting a message that says "conversion audio files" and it repeats it a few times. I let it go for about 7 minutes before I had to shut it down as I needed to go to bed. Early work day. Anyway, if anyone has successfully installed the audio files is it normal for this step in the process to take a few minutes? Did it take a long time? By the way, I'm trying to install it in my DE Star Wars.

Thanks in advance. I hope I can get this to work. Just trying to see if I am going in the right direction.

#3 9 years ago

Thank you for your response. I actually did what you stated and left the machine on while I went to do work. When I came back there was nothing going on. There were no sounds or jingles that it was working. But I have no sound at all. Nothing. I'll post this over on the thread you mentioned.

Thanks for your help.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks dendoc for replying. Actually I did all the exact same steps as you mentioned. I have the latest firmware installed. I tried adding the uncompressed file from Julien at the root directory (not under audio) and I received the hated message "no wav files found". haha So, I used my Mac to run freac and converted all the .ogg files to wav. I deleted all the .ogg files too manually. Still nothing. I was finally able to start the conversion part which I thought would fix everything. I left it for a few minutes as I was told the process takes about half hour. When I returned I did not hear anything going on. So, I turned the game off and back on. I hear the familiar jingle but that's it. No music or sounds. Not sure what to do next. I might film a quick video so I can show people what I see. Attach is a pic of my folder structure.

NewScreenShot.jpgNewScreenShot.jpg
    #8 9 years ago

Okay so I did a quick video to show what I am seeing (and not hearing..haha) Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

#9 9 years ago

Anyone have any clues as to why it's not working?

#11 9 years ago

It must be something I'm doing wrong because julien42 has it working just fine. Not sure what else to do. Is a defective board?

I might have to make the trip out to the pinball convention and talk to Nicolas in person to see if something is wrong with the board.

#12 9 years ago

Okay I'm giving this another try. This time I'm using a windows computer so let's see if that makes a difference. I know some software doesn't play well with Mac. I'll report back in a few minutes. It's converting the audio files now. Thanks everyone so far for the advice.

#16 9 years ago

Good news guys! It's working. phew... so I guess it was a combination of things. I thought a Mac would work fine but it appears that the issue was fixed when I downloaded and installed everything using a PC. I even noticed that while it was doing it's audio conversion it took way longer this time around. It took about an hour to finish. Once it finished I turned it off and back on. Then the magic started. I will warn you to lower your volume as it's loud. haha But it sounds great! Really makes a difference.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support and guidance. This was definitely a learning experience.

#17 9 years ago

Julien I think you have a valid point. I did also noticed this. I will adjust it just to make sure. Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigTuna.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-question?tu=BigTuna and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.