21 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by SLCpunk2113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 21 days ago

Hey all, I'm working on a re-theme of a Diner pinball machine and I've been playing around with my pinsound board. I downloaded the original diner sound package from the pinsound website and just swapped out the files for the main theme songs with some songs of my own. I used .wav files like I was supposed to but all of the sounds come and go intermittently. Sounds don't play when they are supposed to and sometimes the game goes completely quiet. Sometimes the new songs that I added play just fine. I've read the Mr. Tantrum guide and don't think I messed anything up. Again, I just swapped out a couple of files. Also sometimes a song (even if it is the original theme) will just keep playing when a ball ends or sometimes even when the game has ended. I was super excited to try out this product but now I'm really frustrated. Do I need a particular USB drive? Maybe mine is too slow to keep up with code? Thanks in advance!

#2 21 days ago

First, I’d say make sure you have the latest firmware. The most recEnt updates fix a lot of what you’re describing, but the board needs to be updated.

#3 21 days ago

I just barely bought the board but maybe the firmware isn't up to date? Where do I go to update it?

#5 21 days ago

Thank you very much! I'll let you guys know how it goes!

#6 20 days ago

The firm ware update didn’t seem to help at all. Same problems as before. Any more ideas?

#7 20 days ago

Two initial thoughts:

1) Are there any custom orchestrations for Diner on the PinSound Community site? If so, download one of those already-done mixes and try it. (When I did my GNR mix I started with the original legacy orchestration and found a bunch of the sounds were in the wrong folders, so sounds wouldn’t fire when called, stopped early or overstepped other sounds.)

2) Your problem sounds somewhat similar to the power problems common to Data East installs - under heavy load, sounds would cut out and stop completely. Maybe post a video of gameplay so we can see/hear what's going on.

#8 18 days ago

Thanks for your post @slcpunk2113, it seems there is an issue with System11 machines with the last firmware.
    While we're working on a new firmware, could you send me an email on support@pinsound.org?

#9 17 days ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Two initial thoughts:
    1) Are there any custom orchestrations for Diner on the PinSound Community site? If so, download one of those already-done mixes and try it. (When I did my GNR mix I started with the original legacy orchestration and found a bunch of the sounds were in the wrong folders, so sounds wouldn’t fire when called, stopped early or overstepped other sounds.)
    2) Your problem sounds somewhat similar to the power problems common to Data East installs - under heavy load, sounds would cut out and stop completely. Maybe post a video of gameplay so we can see/hear what's going on.

There is one custom orchestration for Diner. I tried the original orchestration, the custom orchestration and my altered orchestration and they all had the same symptoms unfortunately. Looks like I'll be talking to pinsound directly for some help but I will update this thread for posterity/curiosity's sake!

1 week later
    #10 3 days ago

After a couple emails back and fourth I am happy to report that my pinsound is working great! Having a ton of fun playing around with it! Thanks to the pinsound guys for helping me out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    $ 169.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside