• Pinsound all the way! 1 vote
    3%
  • ColorDMD is a must! 29 votes
    91%
  • Neither, save your money for another pin! 2 votes
    6%

(32 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Both are the same price, but you have only enough money to get one or the other. Which would you choose? Which do you think holds more value?

#2 1 year ago

ColorDMD rules...I don't even understand pinsound.

#3 1 year ago

Pinsound is a waste especially on that game. Color dmd is great.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Pinsound is a waste especially on that game. Color dmd is great.

I'm told you haven't lived until you hear "Lamont?" in true stereo.

#5 1 year ago

The color dmd and pixels on Shadow are amazing! Imo Shadow has some of the best dots out there.

#6 1 year ago

Stock sound on Shadow is fabulous, I'd never want to change it. ColorDMD is a must IMO for any game that has it, I could never go back.

#7 1 year ago

I had lcd colordmd on mine. It was nice. aurich art package is a must for shadow

#8 1 year ago

For me personally(on every game), Color DMD is a must - Pinsound is a nice to have.

#9 1 year ago

The callout and sound enhances the way you feel when you PLAY. Color DMD changes the way it looks when your not playing. I haven't heard the pinsound in Shadow, but I put one in a Data East Batman then Last Action Hero and my friend put it in his Jurassic Park. It's incredible how much it changes the feel of the game Just make sure someone has set up a file for it in the pinsound users forum or you'll have some work to do..

#10 1 year ago

Pinsound is extraordinarily important on some games. I believe the Shadow mix has some callouts from the mix (better sounding clips basically) and a better soundtrack. Those 2 changes do make the game feel more modern. as was stated above, the sound is more effective / immersive for when you're playing, the ColorDMD is for showing off the game. Again, not all games benefit greatly from PinSound yet. CFTBL, Indy, JP, TZ come to mind. later WPC95 games - don't even bother. Just get flipper fidelity and you're done.

#11 1 year ago

Give me ColorDMD or give me death!

#12 1 year ago

ColorDMD colorization in The Shadow is one of the best I've seen.

#13 1 year ago

ColorDMD, one of the best added features ever made for pinball with DMD.

#14 1 year ago

I’m not really big on mods but Color DmD is most definitely a must.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 63.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside