Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C74E8A70-F402-4250-B07C-F719EC7ABD9D (resized).jpeg
    Thief (resized).JPG
    125-001_Small (resized).jpg
    606BB3C6-3A20-4643-8E46-36C3DAF0939E (resized).jpeg
    NMR_HD_front_web-450x500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

This is not a good story. Nicolas stopped stocking my daughterboards about two years ago but never took them off his website. He stopped restocking them because they "weren't profitable enough" meaning he wanted a better price. I just learned yesterday he created a knock-off of my board. I've known him for several years and spoken to him many times at shows - sometimes even with the little bit of French I still remember. I considered him a friend - this is disappointing and it hurts.
    Legitimate resellers of my Daughterboard are Marco, Big Daddy Enterprises, and Little Shop of Games in the US, Flippers.com and Player One Amusement Group in Canada, and PinballHeaven in Europe. If Nicolas has been shipping his knock-off to fulfill sales from the old listing of the legitimate WPC Power fix, that is even more disappointing, but suddenly wouldn't seem that surprising.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

These things are never good... It sucks when people have to copy instead of create. I used your board to fix a nasty issue with a WW and that game is still up and running today. Thank You for being there for us. I will always look forward to patronizing your business.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Is it really that hard to just come up with your own shit?

No it's laziness and wanting to cheap out by cutting corners and throwing others under the bus!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

this shouldn't even be a necessary product. If owners fixed their boards,

There is nothing wrong with taking a load off an already overloaded power supply and transferring that load to a power supply that has a very small load. That's really all this is about. It makes sense to do all of your W/B machines to promote longevity of your boards. The Idea is sound and good preventive maintenance.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Do a lot of people who install the PinSound board notice that they are in need of this bandaid board? Trying to figure out why they decided to add this also as one of the products they offer for sale.

No it’s just a $$ maker man. It’s all about the almighty $

#25 4 years ago

I'm not tellin...

1 year later
    #57 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinSound:

We consider more options are better for everybody, as it's the case for all the products you can find around you.
    Speaking of stealing is definitely not acceptable as we do have a completely different product, thank you.

It's not about what you have now, It's about how you got there... copying another product to advance your product is cheap, lazy and greedy. Just think for a moment if someone did this to you and your product. Not so nice eh?

1 month later
    #93 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

If I am buying someone else's inability to diagnose a problem properly, that price is getting lowered...

This is not always the case. There a people out there that install one of these on all of their games to prolong the life of their power supplies. The 5v supply is overloaded anyway. Some people use this board for troubleshooting. Some use it as a cheap short cut fix.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-no-more-reset-and-rob-kahr-s-board?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.