Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C74E8A70-F402-4250-B07C-F719EC7ABD9D (resized).jpeg
    Thief (resized).JPG
    125-001_Small (resized).jpg
    606BB3C6-3A20-4643-8E46-36C3DAF0939E (resized).jpeg
    NMR_HD_front_web-450x500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Yeah I found that weird as well. I thought that ".org" extensions were meant for non profits and ".com" was for businesses.

That was the original intention back in the 80s when the TLD structure was first planned and implemented, but there are no registration restrictions on .org domains--anyone can register a .org domain. However, there are restrictions on .edu and .gov domains, as well as many country-based TLDs.

At one point, I think .org domains may have been cheaper than .com

1 year later
    #54 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Yeah, I wonder how many sales of other products PinSound has missed due to this blatant stealing of Rob's reset board. I know I'm not buying a Pinsound board for my Dr. Who due to this sleaziness. Speak with your wallet - it is the loudest voice you have.

I was considering pinsound sound boards for a couple of my favorite games before this situation was first reported, but then decided against giving them my business.

It's one thing to bring back a product idea that was discontinued, no longer available, and that the original developer has no interest in producing anymore (which is not the case here). It's something else to make a knock off of an active product without the original developer's blessing.

I like Rob. He's a good guy. I've enjoyed chatting with him at shows. Treating a fellow pinhead in this way--especially one of the good eggs in the hobby--doesn't sit well with me.

1 year later
    #102 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

I just installed a NO MORE RESET pinsound adapter and it broke my game. NONE of the solenoids work now, the game boots with EOS stroke errors on all of my flippers. Removing the device does not return the machine to functional working order. PINSOUND RUINED MY ADDAMS FAMILY. I am waiting to hear back from them about how they plan to address this.

I would recommend that you open a tech thread if you need help troubleshooting the issue. I doubt they will help troubleshoot. The most they might do is offer to refund or replace the product.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Buy one of Rob’s boards.

I always keep one in my toolkit as a quick fix.

And I think it's better to support the original product & creator, rather than the (inferior?) rip-off.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

Who is Rob and what board are you referring to?

https://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html
    rkahr
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1013-kahrus-circuits

I would recommend that you read the thread that you just posted in...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-no-more-reset-and-rob-kahr-s-board?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.