Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C74E8A70-F402-4250-B07C-F719EC7ABD9D (resized).jpeg
    Thief (resized).JPG
    125-001_Small (resized).jpg
    606BB3C6-3A20-4643-8E46-36C3DAF0939E (resized).jpeg
    NMR_HD_front_web-450x500 (resized).jpg
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

I just installed a NO MORE RESET pinsound adapter and it broke my game. NONE of the solenoids work now, the game boots with EOS stroke errors on all of my flippers. Removing the device does not return the machine to functional working order. PINSOUND RUINED MY ADDAMS FAMILY. I am waiting to hear back from them about how they plan to address this.

Buy one of Rob’s boards.

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

I just installed a NO MORE RESET pinsound adapter and it broke my game. NONE of the solenoids work now, the game boots with EOS stroke errors on all of my flippers. Removing the device does not return the machine to functional working order. PINSOUND RUINED MY ADDAMS FAMILY. I am waiting to hear back from them about how they plan to address this.

I would recommend that you open a tech thread if you need help troubleshooting the issue. I doubt they will help troubleshoot. The most they might do is offer to refund or replace the product.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Buy one of Rob’s boards.

I always keep one in my toolkit as a quick fix.

And I think it's better to support the original product & creator, rather than the (inferior?) rip-off.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would recommend that you open a tech thread if you need help troubleshooting the issue. I doubt they will help troubleshoot. The most they might do is offer to refund or replace the product.

I always keep one in my toolkit as a quick fix.
    And I think it's better to support the original product & creator, rather than the (inferior?) rip-off.

Who is Rob and what board are you referring to? And what might that cost? Shesh. I'd rather have my game reset than not work. Super frustrated.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

Who is Rob and what board are you referring to?

https://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html
    rkahr
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1013-kahrus-circuits

I would recommend that you read the thread that you just posted in...

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

Who is Rob and what board are you referring to? And what might that cost? Shesh. I'd rather have my game reset than not work. Super frustrated.

Dude, this whole thread is about supporting the Kahr board. You didn't, and now you're here complaining about the imposter. Even though I wouldn't buy from them, I highly doubt their board broke your game. Most likely, you screwed up a connection while installing the board.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Dude, this whole thread is about supporting the Kahr board. You didn't, and now you're here complaining about the imposter. Even though I wouldn't buy from them, I highly doubt their board broke your game. Most likely, you screwed up a connection while installing the board.

It is keyed and it installs in one direction. I get you have formed your own opinion here but it is unwarranted.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Most likely, you screwed up a connection while installing the board.

Nope, most likely the 12v that the no-more-resets board uses to generate a clean +5v for the logic was nearly about to fail on his power board, or he had a mod or two powered by that 12v, or a whole display(!)... and then the additional power required on the 12v showed a different underlying weakness on the power board immediately.

As I mentioned on his other thread, I love my Kahr boards! But a couple of times they've shown me immediately that the power board needs proper repair, not only of the +5v system, but the other voltages as well.

Love the Kahr boards! They are great!

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

Please read the first post in the thread.

2 weeks later
    #109 1 year ago

Thanks Rob!
    Just received my board for Roadshow.
    I’d appreciate some advice, game only will reset in the summer. Thinking the A/C and California heat is dropping my wall voltage and then bam…reset. Makes sense?

#110 1 year ago

I'm wondering out loud it the pinsound board blew a 12V fuse which would explain why nothing works now.
    You've checked all the fuses, right?

#111 1 year ago

Ok. Just installed my first kahr.
    Lights show blinking green and solid red.
    All feedback greatly appreciated!
    Game played great.

C74E8A70-F402-4250-B07C-F719EC7ABD9D (resized).jpegC74E8A70-F402-4250-B07C-F719EC7ABD9D (resized).jpeg
    #112 1 year ago

The website has the meaning of each led; IIRC.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from imnitguy:

Sounds like you have one or more fuses blown. Time to test them with a meter.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from MyParagon1979:

Ok. Just installed my first kahr.
    All feedback greatly appreciated!
    Game played great.
    [quoted image]

Remove it and keep on keepin' on without it. If there was no issue with the game, I don't understand the need to install it.

#115 1 year ago

The machine 5Volt has been above 5.6 V (green flashing) and below 4.6 (solid red)

feedback greatly appreciated

Since all other boards also need a solid 5.0 Volt, I would suggest to repair the 5V circuit immediatly

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaza:

The machine 5Volt has been above 5.6 V (green flashing) and below 4.6 (solid red)

Since all other boards also need a solid 5.0 Volt, I would suggest to repair the 5V circuit immediatly

Without sounding ignorant, is this something I should tackle? I have some experience soldering boards on my paragon, but a bit intimidated by roadshow.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Remove it and keep on keepin' on without it. If there was no issue with the game, I don't understand the need to install it.

I was having intermittent resets I thought were from my house A/C. I needed help to understand. What makes no sense is the solid red LED means the 5v dipped below reset value, but yet it’s solid red when I turn on the machine and resets were occurring only occasionally.

#118 1 year ago

I was having intermittent resets I thought were from my house A/C. I needed help to understand. What makes no sense is the solid red LED means the 5v dipped below reset value, but yet it’s solid red when I turn on the machine and resets were occurring only occasionally.

The red LED indicates a voltage drop when (or after) turning on the machine, but since you have the board installed, it didn’t reset. You may just have low 5v all the time. The watchdog doesn’t trigger immediately if the voltage goes under 5 there’s some slack there.

You may have an issue with the capacitors on the board perhaps. They do dry out. I’ve also replaced my voltage regulator with the PSU5, which was the only thing that kept my old Doctor Who from resetting. Fairly easy replacement too, and no heat!

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-no-more-reset-and-rob-kahr-s-board/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.