Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
new connx (resized).jpg
speaker (resized).jpg
CN4 Cut (resized).jpg
Stereo plug (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.26.23 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fridgejam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 5 years ago

Firstly a massive thanks to thewool for your amazing work on this mix. LOTR is one of my favorite games, and this with the Pinsound board takes it to the next level.

That said I’m experiencing a serious high volume issue with this and the other OST and original LOTR mixes on my game. Even on the lowest ‘1’ volume setting the audio is uncomfortably loud in most places. I’m using a Pinsound+ and I have a set of Flipper Fidelity 4ohm speakers and sub wired directly to the Pinsound+ via a 2.1 stereo adapter. The only way to reduce the sound level is to switch the far left knob mostly to the left, which really kills the quality of the sound, making the whole thing sound like it is coming out of an old transistor radio. One thing I did notice when installing the two stereo speakers was that the game originally had 8ohm speakers inside. As I’m connecting the speakers directly to the Pinsound+, I did not think that adding 4ohm speakers would make a difference.

I did not experience this issue when I had the same Pinsound+ board hooked up to my Williams Indy or Twilight Zone and I can’t quite figure out why I’m having this issue with my LOTR. If anybody can has any thoughts on how to resolve this, I will be very grateful.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

What's your setting for feature adjustment 26 (Allow volume effects)? It amplifies the volume at certain events and could be linked to this. I have Wool's mix too, but have disabled adjustment 26 and can't say I've experienced this issue (at least to the extent you have)

Wow, thank you, I hadn't noticed that setting. I tuned it off and it makes a huge difference!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi there. Thanks for the positive comments
Regarding your extreme volume issues, this seems to be a Pinsound+ problem. The mix has some subtle balancing issues which I'm working on but they are limited to a number of samples. What you and others are describing is something far more widespread.
Really sorry but I developed the mix on an original Pinsound card so can't replicate your issue and so don't know how to correct it.

As others have mentioned, this mix played a big factor in my decision to originally purchase a pinsound+ board, and now another one for my other favorite game Indiana Jones. I believe it would be in Pinsound's interest to find a way to subsidize / sponsor / upgrade guys like you with the latest pinsound+ model, as I these skillful mixes are really helping to drive sales.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fridgejam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-lotr-wool-movie-mix?tu=fridgejam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.