Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
new connx (resized).jpg
speaker (resized).jpg
CN4 Cut (resized).jpg
Stereo plug (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.26.23 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 6 years ago

Trying to dial in my Pinsound (2.0) with wool mix and the music seems much louder than voices. Any tips on adjusting?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Wool mix includes gain.txt files all over intended to manage volume differences.
I assume you can do the same.
Nicolas from Pinsound told me these commands do NOT affect the game's cpu.

Do you happen to know what the name of the simple text file I would need to adjust music & voices

2 weeks later
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm doubt anyone else will be so stupid but wanted to pass this along...
It turns out, this mix sounds horrible if you have mono-wiring and pinsound set to stereo.
/sigh
Much better now.

I'm hoping that's why my mix is all over the place. How do you set Pinsound board to mono? (2.0)

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Never noticed it before (/sigh), but there is a switch/jumper on the Pinsound board.
That said, get the stereo cable. No question.

Can't seem to find any stereo switch on pinsound 2.0 board.. just a switch to activate headphones

3 weeks later
#64 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I should have mentioned when I made the mix it was using a total stereo setup, both the card switch and wiring/speakers.

Where exactly can you find the Stereo switch on the Pinsound 2.0 board? Can't seem to located one...

Added over 6 years ago: UPDATE: The new Pinsound + boards are built to be in stereo so they do not have a stereo switch.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

If I have the Pinsound+ do I need the stereo cable?

As far as I know, yes you still need this cable. Whether you buy it, or make it yourself which many have done with ease apparently.

1 week later
#71 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I figured out the stereo connection by modifying the stock plug, no need for the extra harness. Note, because of the LED OCD board installed I had to turn the pinsound+ board sideways.
First picture below is the 2.1 stereo plug connected to the pinsound board.
Next picture is showing where I cut the other end of that same cable. I then put a piece of electrical tape to cover the cut wire. Note, I left the .1 wires as they will be connected as per original to the stock plug that runs to the speaker in the middle base of the cabinet.
The third picture shows a pair of the cut wires coming from the 2.1 plug soldered to one of the speakers in the panel after de-soldering the original wires. Then repeated the same for the other side speaker. Note that Stern kind of screws up the speaker wiring color and red/black is positive and red/white is negative.
After de-soldering the wires I unplugged the stock mono speaker panel connector & original speaker wire assembly and put it aside.
The fourth picture shows how the remaining two wires connect to the original connector. This is only using the yellow/white wire and yellow/black wire which runs to the aforementioned speaker in the middle base of the cabinet.

Fantastic work, thanks for sharing. Does the mix sound more balanced now?

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks. I really like the Wool Mix. I will say though that I still find the music loud. I am sure there are some additional adjustments I could make to the board to level sound.
Meanwhile, I have started my own mix. It will be less conventional than the Wool. I will post when I have a decent mix.

I’ve spent lots of time fiddling with the board settings but still have unbalance in the mix. I’d go into pinball browser and adjust myself if I knew my way around it.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi folks, have you tried tweaking the gain.txt file for those samples that you think are too loud?

I have not. How would I do that? (noob here)

1 week later
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Not that this helps yet, but i plan on picking up a LOTR machine in the next month and Pinsound will be my first project. I am an audio engineer on the side (a lot of experience with ProTools along with other recording/mixing/mastering suites) and software systems engineer by trade. I'll be more than happy to lend a hand at improving this mix and get levels straightened out.
Above all else at the core, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so I can't wait to help improve the overall experience!

This would be huge, as I've had to switch back to the original sound due to the mix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-lotr-wool-movie-mix?tu=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.