Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
new connx (resized).jpg
speaker (resized).jpg
CN4 Cut (resized).jpg
Stereo plug (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.26.23 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

This is fantastic. I could not understand how people were justifying $400 for an audio pcb but I get it now.

...edit post...

Annnnnnnnd bought one.
Can't wait.

#41 6 years ago

Question - for the path of the dead, are the callouts for souls ("500 souls!") removed because they were too repetitive (or missing HQ replacement) or am I just missing them for some reason. I want to make sure my new install/board is working properly.

After looking through the files a bit, I'm guessing an empty gain.txt file is used to 'skip' sounds. I also noticed gain values between 4 - 20. Would love your thoughts on how/why and other tips that would help explain the construction of this mix. I need to mess with my speakers and volume. I'm getting a lot of noise, some sounds are very loud while some are hard to hear.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes it's like this, they were removed on purpose. I just thought the atmosphere was better with out and the souls earned are displayed on the DMD.
If anyone would like to add the callouts back in, pm me and I can send you the files and instructions.
Similar to the above, I also took out "1 ring of men, etc.". Same reason, after you've played the game a few hundred times you don't need this.

@thewool
I do agree with these changes actually.
Before I say more, let me say "THANK YOU SO MUCH" for your work on this. Thank you for sharing it. I appreciate the time/effort this takes and it really does improve the game experience tremendously. I love it.

Okay, that said... On my game, a few changes may be needed. This mod has a LOT going on and I can imagine certain things slipping through or combos of sounds might cause different behavior. Most of my issues/tweaks involve timing or volume. Perhaps my speakers, volume, are set differently than yours (I have a lot of white noise if I set volume above 1/3). For example, The witch king sequence seems to start late and is very soft. A few other sounds might have gain values that SEEM too low (for me). I'd love to add a few different ball-save sounds. What tweakable options are available with pinsound? Other than gain values, are you able to tweak or synchronize timing?
Are you planning an update? Are you aware of issues and intend fixes/improvements?
Would you prefer specific feedback from others like me or would you suggest we simply make our mods directly due to variances you've noticed between machines?

1 month later
#49 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just an FYI I recently upgraded my stock speakers to the stereo enabled pinsound ones and I was pretty blown away by the difference it made with this mix!

This is precisely the question I wanted to ask. If the original game is mono, I was wondering if stereo would matter.

If I've already updated the speakers, will Pinsounds's 'stereo' cable work with LOTR?
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product&id_lang=1

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Trying to dial in my Pinsound (2.0) with wool mix and the music seems much louder than voices. Any tips on adjusting?

Wool mix includes gain.txt files all over intended to manage volume differences.
I assume you can do the same.

Nicolas from Pinsound told me these commands do NOT affect the game's cpu.

2 weeks later
#58 6 years ago

I doubt anyone else will be so stupid but wanted to pass this along...

It turns out, this mix sounds horrible if you have mono-wiring and pinsound set to stereo.

/sigh

Much better now.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm hoping that's why my mix is all over the place. How do you set Pinsound board to mono? (2.0)

Never noticed it before (/sigh), but there is a switch/jumper on the Pinsound board.
That said, get the stereo cable. No question.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#80 5 years ago

When I tried to modify and merge aspects of the Original, OST, and Wool mixes, the filenames didn't match. This is apparently unexpected and Nicolas (I think) offered to send me a matching mix (somehow) but I didn't hear back from him.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

With what method?

Manual file copy. I really like what Wool has done as the basis but was trying to move some files from the OST and LEGACY mixes

3 months later
#98 5 years ago

One additional 'volume' parameter to consider is the latest firmware update. I'd SWEAR the volume balance changed (different behavior with gain commands?) .

I was very happy that they finally allowed the ability to switch mixes but perhaps there is a power/volume difference related to how they're supporting the new Pinsound boards?

2 months later
#116 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Pinsound+ is your only option for the board now and you need the whitestar adapter. After that, you can decide if you want to upgrade your speakers and go away from mono to stereo.

Regardless of whether you upgrade your speakers, be sure to get the stereo cable for pinsound. I missed this initially and was listening to a messed-up stereo mix in mono for longer than I'll admit.

1 month later
#153 5 years ago
Quoted from November:

Its the wool mix with some changes.
I would like To share when its done, but i made a huge changes of volume/gain , so i dont really know how it Will sound on an other machine...
I use the pinsound speakers kit

Indeed, I'd love to test your volume/gain changes. Please post it when you are ready.

8 months later
#179 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Try downloading again as it may be corrupt. You can use a CRC checker as well. If that fails try 7zip.

Only half the file is transferring. After 3 attempts with different browsers, the file stops after ~512MB (each time).

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from fly:

I will ask you again if you have unpacked folders:sfx, voice and single ??

I suspect you may be confusing Wool's original mix/download and the modified file from @Sjoend.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s strange. It’s a download from Microsoft OneDrive, you would expect that to be always up and running.

It failed for me initially (as a single download) so I selected a few folders/files and split up the download. That worked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-lotr-wool-movie-mix?tu=Reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.