Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
new connx (resized).jpg
speaker (resized).jpg
CN4 Cut (resized).jpg
Stereo plug (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.26.23 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Wow. Thank you. People like you and threads like this are what make pinside rock. Can't wait to try this in my Lotr and give you some feedback. My pinsound is on the way currently

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I haven't been looking foward to doing the PinSound install since it involves some more intensive board work but... IT MUST BE DONE!!!
Thanks for sharing this awesome work with us!

Intensive board work? Please elaborate. Do you mean installing the adapter chip?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Can someone tell me what adapter I need for LOTR? I bought a Pinsound board for my IJ, but haven’t installed it yet and would rather put it in LOTR now since IJ is going to go through a restore next year sometime hopefully.

You need a whitestar adapter. Pinsound sells them on their website and that's the only source I've found.

1 month later
#36 6 years ago

My buddy and I played last night with your mix. It's great and makes some of the modes feel very epic. Thank you!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Question - for the path of the dead, are the callouts for souls ("500 souls!") removed because they were too repetitive (or missing HQ replacement) or am I just missing them for some reason. I want to make sure my new install/board is working properly.
After looking through the files a bit, I'm guessing an empty gain.txt file is used to 'skip' sounds. I also noticed gain values between 4 - 20. Would love your thoughts on how/why and other tips that would help explain the construction of this mix. I need to mess with my speakers and volume. I'm getting a lot of noise, some sounds are very loud while some are hard to hear.

They seem to be removed. I prefer that personally because i found them annoying and they reminded me of how little skill was involved.

Make sure your speakers are balanced left and right and properly between the cabinet and backbox. There is also a fix for buzz in stern/data east games that involves a potentiometer, but I doubt that mod could be done with the pinsound. I emailed pinsound about the same thing and they told me to make sure pinsound wasn't turned all the way up and to instead use the game volume

1 month later
#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

This is precisely the question I wanted to ask. If the original game is mono, I was wondering if stereo would matter.
If I've already updated the speakers, will Pinsounds's 'stereo' cable work with LOTR?
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product&id_lang=1

I used it on my lotr. Works great, what's your concern?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-lotr-wool-movie-mix?tu=PinballTilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.