Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 63 days ago by Junglist
  • Topic is favorited by 56 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
new connx (resized).jpg
speaker (resized).jpg
CN4 Cut (resized).jpg
Stereo plug (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.26.23 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Do you happen to know what the name of the simple text file I would need to adjust music & voices

Download pinsound studio, put your recorded game file(.psrec) into the playback folder in the pinsound studio folder, start pinsound studio, click the advanced editing tab, load your psrec file and from the preview window you can select each sound and adjust gain/level etc. Remember to click the save tab after adjusting gain. You will get a confirmation in the info list below afterwards.

So, in pinsound studio you can playback your game and listen to all the sounds while editing levels. Really great tool.

When done, just copy the audio folder to your USB drive.

11 months later
#165 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So, installed a new Pinsound+ card. I also replaced the backbox speakers and have a powered subwoofer attached (tried both using line out and by jumpering from the cabinet speaker). Running the Wool Movie Mix. Pinsound told me that the line out is the preferred method for the subwoofer.
So far I am having all sorts of volume issues, as in many of the voices, sound effects, etc. are much louder than the other effects. I have added gain.txt to problem areas to either increase or lower the particular effect's volume. What I have found is that the cabinet speaker (even when I remove the subwoofer) is much louder than the backbox speakers, in relative terms. Even if I reduce the subwoofer boost dial to almost zero, it is still louder. In my Getaway, the same subwoofer dial is around 45%, compared to under 10% for LOTR.
What would cause the cabinet sound to be so much louder than the cabinet speakers? Is this a Pinsound card issue, or a mixing issue?

So your powered subwoofer is to powerful? Have you tried using the speaker inputs instead of the line inputs on the subwoofer? I guess a powered subwoofer is normally around 100-150w of power, while the pinsound card outputs about 10-15w, so the good old multiply watt X10 to get a perceived doubling of loudness is right I suppose.

And is the speaker in the cabinet 2, 4, 6 or 8 ohm? That makes a lot of difference in output

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Sorry, no the issue is the cabinet speaker. The subwoofer I can adjust on the unit itself. The cabinet speaker is stock, I think 4 ohms, but I may be misrememberingg that.

I would try switching your woofers, and see if the problem changes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Farmington Hills, MI
$ 219.99
Boards
PinSound
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Draper, UT
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
£ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 39.50
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside