Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
new connx (resized).jpg
speaker (resized).jpg
CN4 Cut (resized).jpg
Stereo plug (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 4.26.23 PM (resized).png
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago

Hi Wool, thank you for your amazing work on the greatest pinball machine ever.

Do you have a gameplay video of your last mix ? Your mix really tease me up about buying a pinsound for my LOTR....

Many Thanks

1 month later
#102 5 years ago

Hi thewool Thanks a lot for all your efforts.
V1 is so great (currently only in the VPX table with pinsound API)
any info on V2 ?

I may give a try also on raspinsound with my LOTR.
Any news on old pinsound versus new pinsound differences ?

#103 5 years ago

I've heard great things from users of the mix and the videos of it are great. I am just waiting on the mix with the levels straightened out and I will be buying. LOTR was my first pin and one I will never have permission to sell so I don't mind shelling out the loot. I just want to make sure that I won't be disappointed in the sound in person before I pull the trigger.

If anyone has a V2 board that has accomplished a balanced audio mix through file level adjustments, I'd love to hear the feedback on what you think of it now.

#104 5 years ago

So I’m about to buy a pinsound just for this mix. Which version should I buy? I’m confused

1 week later
#105 5 years ago

I've had a pinsoundboard on my lot since Monday.
LotR OST has a wonderful movie orchestra sound, but the callouts are the old ones.
I tried the soundfile thewool, but here I noticed the following.
No melody when the ball is in the shooter lane.
At various places, no music or the music is choppy.
Callouts are awesome.
Currently I went back to OST because the music is wonderful and without interruptions.
I have a lot of respect for this work and thewool has certainly been a lot of trouble, but for me would have to be reworked here to the LotR to give a perfect sound

#106 5 years ago

Did you try a faster USB key

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

I've had a pinsoundboard on my lot since Monday.
LotR OST has a wonderful movie orchestra sound, but the callouts are the old ones.
I tried the soundfile thewool, but here I noticed the following.
No melody when the ball is in the shooter lane.
At various places, no music or the music is choppy.
Callouts are awesome.
Currently I went back to OST because the music is wonderful and without interruptions.
I have a lot of respect for this work and thewool has certainly been a lot of trouble, but for me would have to be reworked here to the LotR to give a perfect sound

Hi there, may I ask if you a you using a Pinsound or Pinsound+ ?

I'm using a standard Pinsound and have music in the shooter lane and no choppy/silence bits The pinball specific callouts are the original ones which I'm happy with, but all movie dialogue has been upgraded to ace quality.

#108 5 years ago

So I finally upgraded my USB to a faster one and boy what a difference. I liked the way it was before but now there are no pauses and the call outs and music is perfectly synchronized. If anyone has issues with the mix I’d try with a faster usb first

#109 5 years ago

I have the new Version Pinsound + and from Pinsound the sandisk 16 GB highspeed usb
I Hope we can change the problems

Best Regards

#110 5 years ago

I have no idea what it could cause. I can take some pictures of the board this evening and a video as it is with me.

#112 5 years ago
F01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpegF01D461C-C121-4C6A-BD1A-A48A2DE87590 (resized).jpeg
#113 5 years ago

I’d try another USB, I think I had similar symptoms with my last USB but everything is working fine on the new one. I’m using the one recommended in another pinsound thread, Sandisk ultra. It has a read speed of up to 245Mbps which is higher than yours, maybe that’s the reason

#114 5 years ago

Yes, I remember USBs being extremely fidgety with my pinsound +. I went through 3-4 until I got one that worked right. I think I had to buy a new Sun Disk or something.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m about to buy a pinsound just for this mix. Which version should I buy? I’m confused

Pinsound+ is your only option for the board now and you need the whitestar adapter. After that, you can decide if you want to upgrade your speakers and go away from mono to stereo.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Pinsound+ is your only option for the board now and you need the whitestar adapter. After that, you can decide if you want to upgrade your speakers and go away from mono to stereo.

Regardless of whether you upgrade your speakers, be sure to get the stereo cable for pinsound. I missed this initially and was listening to a messed-up stereo mix in mono for longer than I'll admit.

#117 5 years ago

What size USB should I get? What are the largest files out there?

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Regardless of whether you upgrade your speakers, be sure to get the stereo cable for pinsound. I missed this initially and was listening to a messed-up stereo mix in mono for longer than I'll admit.

I agree you need stereo for best music sound, however, you can modify the cable that comes with the pinsound board to enable stereo to the backbox speakers, I outline how I accomplished that earlier in this thread if interested.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

16GB is plenty

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

This Is a good one. 16GB Is enough but it has to be fast too
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/27#post-4510452

1 week later
#121 5 years ago

thewool

The speakers are original ????

#122 5 years ago

I installed pinsound+ in a friends Lotr with the same usb stick as pinsound themselves sell.

I noticed to that when the ball is in the shooter lane their is no music till you shoot the ball and it hits the first switch. For the rest it appears to be OK but if a sound is not played I would not notice it anyway I guess.

Sometimes the sound is a little choppy but my guess this is because of a lack of enough power. I recognized the same issue when installing a pinsound in a friends Elvis. Gonna install an external power supply to overcome this.

The sound mix i used is V1 downloaded from the Pinsound community like 2-3 weeks ago.

#123 5 years ago

Where is possible to get the last version of this mix ? Thanks !!

#124 5 years ago

Over here http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/92-the-lord-of-the-rings/

I'm working on a v2 with some minor improvements but it's not finished yet.

#125 5 years ago

I ordered PINSOUND, I can not wait to start this set of sounds.
Thank you thewool

#126 5 years ago

I thought that a V2 was released...so i go vor the V1 !

Thanks for your amazing work

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I noticed to that when the ball is in the shooter lane their is no music till you shoot the ball and it hits the first switch. For the rest it appears to be OK but if a sound is not played I would not notice it anyway I guess

No comment on this eg is this now normal or not?

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from November:

I thought that a V2 was released...so i go vor the V1 !
Thanks for your amazing work

Ah you're welcome man!

By the way, just as PSA. People who have used this mix using a Pinsound+ have had issues. I don;t know how many people this has affected but this is what hardware you are using, please be prepared to do some troubleshooting.

Rensh, please see above regarding Pinsound+. I always have sound in the shooter lane.

#129 5 years ago

Have informed Nicolas on the issue with no sound when using Pinsound+ and he is looking into it.

#130 5 years ago

Pinsound has put up a new firmware at

https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/

And asks to try it out and see if this fixes this issue. Have forwarded it to my friend who has the LotR. Will report ASAP or perhaps somebody earlier will be quicker to do so.

#131 5 years ago

It works for me, but it also worked for me before the update

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

It works for me, but it also worked for me before the update

Are you having a Pinsound or Pinsound +?

#133 5 years ago

I have just installed the new firmware. it is now a bit better, but it is so from the second ball in the shoterlane no music is played. first a contact must be made then it runs again. everything is normal at the first ball

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Are you having a Pinsound or Pinsound +?

Pinsound+, and i use SanDisk ultra fit USB 3.1 flash drive.

#135 5 years ago

I held the phone in one hand

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

Pinsound+, and i use SanDisk ultra fit USB 3.1 flash drive.

My friend installed it and has same experience eg only sound in shooter lane with first ball

#137 5 years ago

For those of you having an issue with this specific sound package and your PinSound+, I've fixed it in the latest firmware available here:

Thanks!

#138 5 years ago

Again a new firmware for Pinsound available which hopefully should fix the nosound when in shooterlane issue. Pinsound has good hopes on it.

As soon as my friend has time to install it I will give feedback.

#139 5 years ago

Wow. Great minds think alike. He beat me with 20 seconds

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wow. Great minds think alike. He beat me with 20 seconds

Thanks Rens

#141 5 years ago

Friend installed it and tested it to be OK now

So this issue with pinsound+ is solved, case closed.

Thanks for the support.

#142 5 years ago

Hello, i install the new pinsound firmware:
Works great now

1 week later
#143 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

For those of you having an issue with this specific sound package and your PinSound+, I've fixed it in the latest firmware available here:
Thanks!

Hmmmm, still not working for me. Wonder if I am doing something wrong? It installs, then says "checking sound updates," then when I restart, still no sound on shooter. When I look on the USB, the update file has disappeared. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Edit - Working great now! I was wondering why it wasn't working well for me before, I didn't know there were firmware issues on the Plus! Still no sound on the launch, but I'm not sure any were progammed in by TheWool. His sample videos make no sound during initial launch.

#144 5 years ago

Can tell you from personal experience that the Wool mix with latest Pinsound firmware on a Pinsound plus has sound when the ball is still in shooterlane. This for first and more balls.

#145 5 years ago

Received my pinsound kit yesterday and install all the stuff.
It works pretty good, the main problem is the volume balance between some of songs and the FX.
All the originals sounds are very low volume compared to te rest.
The shelob mission music is very high volume for example.

Can somebody confirm that is a problem only with the pinsound PLUS ?

Thanks

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from November:

Received my pinsound kit yesterday and install all the stuff.
It works pretty good, the main problem is the volume balance between some of songs and the FX.
All the originals sounds are very low volume compared to te rest.
The shelob mission music is very high volume for example.
Can somebody confirm that is a problem only with the pinsound PLUS ?
Thanks

I have exactly the same problem.

#147 5 years ago

My friends has same problem to. You should be able to adjust this with Pinsound studio. If it is really all FX sounds this shouldn’t be to much of an issue as there is a control know in Pinsound studio with which you can adjust all sounds in a single knobturn.

Did contact already a person on a German forum who has done this but no reply yet.

On a to-do list.

#148 5 years ago

Rensh it will be cool to share if someone already did that cause its a lot of work...rebalancing everything.
By the way i will tweak some other things like no balrog drums during the balrog bash, no arrow sound when you shoot the Ball, no replay sound etc.
However i can congratulate wool for the amount of work !

#149 5 years ago

Or maybe pinsound will release a new firmware to correct these bugs...

1 week later
#150 5 years ago

Still a lot work to do but...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-lotr-wool-movie-mix/page/3?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.