Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by hawknole
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

After working on my own LOTR pinsound mix since early this Spring I am ready to share. I have spent approximately 60 hours learning about all the sounds and music that goes into LOTR and creating a custom mix.

I would like to give props to the other two LOTR mixes available on the pinsound community as I learned quite a bit from those mixes and made use of some of the music included with them, not necessarily in the same place or the exact same segments as I edited a bunch with Audacity. I also gathered some music on my own and went out and found more sound clips and effects that I felt were needed. There are over 600 files in the mix and I can confidently say that I listened to each one and changed about 30% in some way. All the music was changed which includes the main theme music, missions and multiball segments. You will find some LOTR rock related surprises in there as well, primarily with the multiball segments.

The link to download the mix is here, you need to have a pinsound community user account and if you have a pinsound board it should be no problem:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/263-lotr_hawknole/

And a preview video, somewhat choppy but something to give the feel is below:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=mV31jevywBY

PinSound released some new firmware this week for the PinSound+ boards and I would recommend updating the firmware if you have not already done so as it helps with sound leveling.

I did upgrade to FF speakers and stereo wiring to the backbox speakers; still mono to the bottom cabinet speaker. I believe all the music segments come across in stereo.

I hope you enjoy.

#2 3 months ago

I am making use of this USB flash drive with good results:

amazon.com link »

#3 3 months ago

Does this work in both PinSound and PinSound+? I knew there were some "issues" with other mixes...

EDIT: This was apparently fixed today for PS+!

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from comment23:

Does this work in both PinSound and PinSound+? I knew there were some "issues" with other mixes...

I am using PinSound+
It should be good with the PinSound board too
I worked with Nicolas at PinSound and he tested it on his LOTR and made some suggestions that I tweaked then he gave me his thumbs up

#5 3 months ago

Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to check it out.

#6 88 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to check it out.

Enjoy

1 week later
#7 77 days ago

I had some additional questions on how much my mix is similar to The Wool mix. Quick answer, there are some similarities and I added a bunch of new music, sound effects and call outs. As I just suggested to someone via PM, download all the mixes on the pinsound community and try them all out. Then dive in and make your own mix. It is another great way to mod your pinball machine.

#8 76 days ago

Whao, another LOTR mix !!

Will try it tonight !

#9 75 days ago
Quoted from November:

Whao, another LOTR mix !!
Will try it tonight !

Cool, feel free to PM me and let me know how it works out. I spent a good deal of time on the sound leveling and think it is pretty good. No matter how low you turn down those pesky orcs their noises are still harsh and I have them cranked down.

1 month later
#10 20 days ago

Hawknole's mix is AWESOME and in person it is immersive and fun. It tempts me to sell some games and grab my own LOTR. He's put so much work into it and it shows.

#11 20 days ago

sorry,
as for me drums insertions are hopeless, they do not match this game

#12 20 days ago

Thanks for the feedback. That is one of the reasons why I encourage everyone who has a PinSound board to work up their own mix and personalize it. There are only a handful of non LOTR movie music files in my mix and you could swap those back for the originals or other excerpts from the movies. As I get other good feedback I may be willing to tweak and make a purist mix and share that as well.

2 weeks later
#13 5 days ago

Based on the feedback above and some other feedback I also received, I recently shared a new PinSound mix for Download from the PinSound Community. I have revised my original LOTR hawknole mix and taken out all non-LOTR music. I sourced some new LOTR music and made some minor tweaks to some of the existing sound files. Enjoy.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/268-lotr-hawknole-pure/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 11.95
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 1,000.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ames, IA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huron Charter Township, MI
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 25.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 41.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside