• Latest reply 5 years ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinnoise.jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Endprodukt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys,

I finally released a 0.9v of my IJ (Williams) Reorchestration for the Pinsound Board. I'm pretty burned out on this one. I promise I'll finish it to 1.0 (it's just missing very few sounds and 2 jingles and some loudness fixes as far as I remember) but right now my Studio is booked until march and I really need to work on something else right now.

This is a pretty spot on reorchestration for IJ. All the sounds you know and love (or hate) are there - all in beautiful 44.1khz 16bit CD Stereo quality.

What was done?

- Searching the COMPLETE OST for all the small loops that get used during gameplay and cutting them

- Reorchestrating all the loops, fanfares (jingles) that are not in the movies at all (most jingles, some of the music like tank chase or well of souls)

- Enhancing the SFX or recreating it from the ground up (with original sounds from the movies [bluray editions]) (173 Files!!!!)

- Searching for all the speech samples in the movies, cutting it, cleaning it from the 5.1 source (as far as possible). I also added many new speech samples that weren't in the game before. I also enhanced the sound of the original Sallah samples that were only recorded for the pinball machine. 189 Samples now instead of 89 originally!

Since some people don't know what the pinsound board is... please go here: www.pinsound.org

You will need the board to use my sounds. No, you don't need extra roms. Simply replace the original WPC DCS board in your machine.

I do recommend a stereo upgrade for your machine with two identical Hifi speakers for best possible stereo field. This requires some hacking. You won't regret it. Pinsound also sells a wiring harness for this upgrade.

You can download my reorchestration for free at www.pinsound-community.org.

Take a listen to my preview here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bjfvpslqaz21t0/Indy%200.9%20Preview.mp3?dl=0

I made this in my spare time and it took 250+ hours. If you like my work and you want to support me I'm happy about any donations. White Water will be up next with complete new speech spoken by Warren Davis, the original voice of Wet Willy.

You may want to check out my other mix for Terminator 2:

Or the OST Version

Any comments, feedback and constructive criticism are welcome.

#3 9 years ago

Do it. You wont be disapointed. Features are up ahead that I can't talk too much about now... but this will be the perfect mod (with a Color DMD) for the IJ. I love it in my machine!

Also... if people are tired of the rather short loops of the music (I like it somehow)... you can always use the OST version that someone made on the pinsound-community board and mix it with my sounds.

#9 9 years ago

I think they got the boards now and test them as we speak. They will probably ship soon!

#12 9 years ago

Guys over at Pinsound have been so nice to make a preview youtube video - it contains the same music I posted, though.

#14 9 years ago

Well... I'm close to be done so the next release will be 1.0

If there is something I don't like I might change it in the future and let people know. I'm also open to suggestions - but I actually wont go back into the sounds themselves. Volume, extras, whishes...

Right now... I'm waiting for Chris Granner... he might redo one of most satisfying sounds of the machine for us... no, not billions... I'd love to have one of the sounds redone by him.

2 weeks later
#15 9 years ago

Uploading an Update right now. It comes with a config.ini with my custom ducking settings. Please read the txt file I provided.

Since the last version this is what happened:

- Recut almost all the "gun" sfx as there was some delay with certain sounds when targets are hit (I simply didn't cut right at the transient the first time I did it)

- Reorchestrated "Three Challenges" instead of using the OST... now it's the fast "Granner-Version" which I prefer

- Reorchestrated "Steal The Stones" to sound like Granners version instead of the OST

- Reorchestrated "Choose Wisely" with a choir, organs to sound like Granners version instead of the OST.

- Reorchestrated the "You have chosen wisely" jingle that was just the voice in the last version. Now with choir and drum etc.

- MANY MANY MANY volume fixes

- Less bass in the droptarget boom so your house wont fall apart.

This update should be available soon at Pinsound-Community.org

Please let me know what you think!

#16 9 years ago

Almost done. Basicaly one jingle and a few tweaks left.

#18 9 years ago

Thanks node! I'm glad people like it!

#20 9 years ago

Don't see anything wrong with a 10k IJ... I have mine and it's far away from beeing a 10k IJ.... I shouldn't share my work... maybe it would be a 10k IJ then... muaha.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Lol. Smart AND a sense of humor? Alright...
Any plans on stern pins in the future?

The Pinsound Board isn't compatible with Stern Pins and I don't think it can be. I also don't know if the Pinsound Team (Nicolas and Timothee) plan to make one for Stern games in the future.

What I can say is: Unless someone seriously pays me to do it, I won't do pins I don't own. It's just too much work doing it the way I do it. I'm constantly contacting Chris Granner (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!), I contact voice actors or even the original actors... I collect donations to pay them. And besides that... I reorchestrate... which means most of the time I'm listening and searching for fitting sounds.

Audio Engineering is what I also do for a living so... yeah, It's one part fun, one part job, one part "I want my pins to sound better and maybe other people like it".

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Hi, you mentioned on the Pinsound forum that it is John Rhys-Davies who calls out "collect everything!" At the start of eternal life multiball - it is definitely not, his voice is not deep enough, it's totally different, and doesn't sound like any of the actors. I got to hear it last night again, and I think it might be one of the programmers. Anyway, does anyone know? Sorry if this is kinda off topic.
I'm looking forward to hearings some more reviews of the Pinsound board and this mix before I take the plunge as with the currency at the moment it's pretty expensive. The work put into this reorchestration seems massive and I'm hoping to experience it one day.

Contacted Chris Granner today. At first he said "It's Davies" without listening to it. I told him I wasn't sure after listening back so I sent him the file. His response: "Wow, I am totally not sure. I will ask around."

That's what he's doing now. Then he said "I thought it was me at the beginning of the line, but then at the end I didn't think so. I've sent a query to Brian Eddy & Mark Ritchie, hope one of them remembers."

I'll let you know

#26 9 years ago

v0.97 will be up soon on pinsound-community.org (within the next 24h)

Updates:

- volume fixes
- done some sfx that was missing
- narrow escape
- fixes fixes fixes

#28 9 years ago

It's interesting that granner and I were so sure it's Davies until giving it another listen.

Brian Eddy can't remember. Waiting for others to answer.

#31 9 years ago

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Another update coming soon!

#33 9 years ago

Someone else had the exact same problem! Please contact the pinsound guys about it!

1 week later
#36 9 years ago

I took them down. Yes. Not because I wanted. I think most of the rights of this one belong to Disney anyway...

#37 9 years ago

Found out it's in a grey zone of Copyrights so Williams doesn't own everything.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Is that good or bad?

Doesn't mean anything. Just a fact. Won't help though. I still need their permission.

#49 9 years ago

Guys. Please stop asking for the files on the forum. Might be very contra productive.

6 months later
#50 8 years ago

I'm just doing a huge update to the IJ Reorchestration. Compressing and limiting all the vocals to be exactly the same in volume... also doing some other updates to the whole package. Too bad I can't release it.

#51 8 years ago

Ok, beeing threated for saying I'm working on something for myself. This whole PPS thing is just plain wrong. I'm outta this.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Who cares if he's sending you threats? There's nothing he can do about it. You're working on it for yourself. Block him, and continue doing what makes you happy.

He's starting to hit with low blows. You know... That kind of "others think you are a bad boy, too" talking. This is just out of my responsibility, now. Fuck this shit and fuck Rick. Ban me, sue me. It's nuts. Using someone i actually look up to against me is beyond being someone protecting his ip that's not even stolen - that's just being an asshole.

This is so ridiculous it's starts to be funny. I bet he never even heard my work. Good luck getting anyone to do this kind of work ever again... Except for granner himself.

3 months later
#75 8 years ago

Use Paynemic is one guy with a golden ear. He found out that the majority of the speech samples are too slow. 10-12%, so the pitch is lower.

Top men working on it right now.

#87 8 years ago

Can we stop talking about Rick in my threads... ?

#89 8 years ago

If it weren't for Disney and this beeing an open forum - of course.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You know there freedom of speech applies here. You can *say* anything you want.

That doesn't mean I can publish what ever I want.

Btw: I might get AJ LoCascio to do Indy impressions. What do you guys want him to do for IJ?

#92 8 years ago

All IJ Quotes have been redone to the correct speed - thanks again for pointing that out to me, paynemic.

I'm making a list for AJ... this is your chance to have special quotes by Henry and Indy.

Check him out, I think he sounds fantastic.

Any donations to him would be greatly appreciated as he is doing it for free!

#97 8 years ago

Guys. Come up with quotes the game needs from indy! I'd like to send AJ the list in the next few days.

#113 8 years ago

There is no reason to bother AJ with quotes that are in the movie but I might put some of them in. Thanks.

Some of the suggestions are already in there. Play more to find them Haha.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

“Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.” - wanted it, didn't know where to fit it into the game.

“It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.” Any idea where it would fit into the game?

Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.” Same... where to put it?

"Don't Call me junior!" - it's in there. Castle Grunewald mission.

“that's what scares me" - it's in there! Get The Idol mission.

“‘X’ never, ever marks the spot.” - wanted it in badly, didn't know where to put it.

“You know how to fly, don’t you?” “...Unhhh, no. Do you?” (Place crash hurry up - Or just a plane ramp) simply too long and there is specified event that let's me put it voices at this point of the game.

“Nazis. I hate these guys.” - love it, wanted it, didn't know where to put it. Hoped to put it into the Castle Grunewald mission, but the calls don't work that way in this mission.

“Sallah, I said no camels. That’s five camels. …Can’t you count" (salah selected) Good one.

“You lost today, kid. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it.” (Ball drain) Too long for a balldrain. Maybe just "You lost today, Kid."

If it’s truth you’re looking for, Dr. Tyree’s philosophy class is right down the hall.” Too long as much as I like it.

Didn’t any of you guys ever go to Sunday school?” Good one, where do you want it?

“I’m like a bad penny, I always turn up.” I need to see if there is a specific "coin in" sound that I could couple with this.

You left just when you were becoming interesting.” - dr Jones - would be great for a drain.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not sure how all these work and would get them in. I understand that an action calls for a certain sound bite, must mot be too long.
Wonder I a ball drain can be different kind of quotes, so quote A, then B, then C, etc. Or like selecting Willie can result in 3 different quotes where the game randomly selects one (one game quote A en next game Quote B)?
Some thoughts:
“Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.” - Extra for starting path of adventure?
“It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.” Any idea where it would fit into the game? When selecting Willie?
Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.” First lock ball - Arc selected
“‘X’ never, ever marks the spot.” - Third ball lock - Cup selected - just before rolling ball
“Nazis. I hate these guys.” - Start of Get the medallion video?
“Sallah, I said no camels. That’s five camels. …Can’t you count" (salah selected) Good one.
“You lost today, kid. (Ball drain)
You left just when you were becoming interesting.” Ball drain
Problem is, you are trying to make a great game even greater, that will be very hard. I think the original sounds and quotes in this machine are already on a level that can not be beaten easily. Great work from Williams in that time that will still stand after almost 25 years!!!
hope this helps...

Thanks for your input.

Never tried to compete with Granners work. I enhanced what's allready there. Do you use my mix with the pinsound board? Doesn't sound like it. I think most people can't look back after they played with my mix. I'm not the one who composed anything - that goes all to Granner and that Dude is a genious. No doubt about that.

Ps. There is no special soundevent for each locked ball, which is too bad because I'd love to integrate that.

#119 8 years ago

There seems to be a feature on newer firmwares that allow preloaded files. I can't test it because I'm on an old firmware because of the shaker support that was in there. (please don't ask - they're working on it). The delay really isn't bad over here though.

Quoted from PeterG:

I have an older version of your mix on my machine but there are somethings odd, like sound volume and not synced with the actions. So I switched to the OST version for now, which also has some strange things (like with the extra ball - complete silence) , waiting on an update from you BTW love the work you are doing....can't wait...

Wow. That seems to be a really old version.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

IJ: it's just pinball.
Why'd you have to tilt?!
Archeology jackpot
Pinball, not rocket science.
Crusading bump.
Why'd it have to be pinball?!
Sean Connory: move the ball.
If nazis win the game, we all lose.
Holy grail of shots.
Don't stand there, do something. Junior!
Penitent man hits the shots.

That's what I'm talking about. These are great.

3 weeks later
#125 8 years ago

Got AJ's files and they're sounding GREAT.

#127 8 years ago

Since the AJ Files are NOT under the copyright of anyone but AJ and me, you can hit me up to get them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtr3i8e7sv9042g/outlanes.wav?dl=0

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The most direct way is to record a .psrec file with the PinSound board. Play that file back in PinSound Studio and you'll see a chronological list of the sounds calls.
PinSound Studio is completely unintuitive, and has plenty of shortcomings, but it's really the only way. (Of course, if you're using a mix someone has created and they've labeled a folder as "000181-THIS_SOUND_GETS_PLAYED_DURING_OUTLANE_DRAIN" then you've got a pretty good idea that that's the outlane sound, without diving into PinSound Studio.)

Unintuitive? I don't get it. It must be the easiest software ever. It does everything you could ever want easily. As work everything...or doesn't do the work for you. Learn it. It's not hard to use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Endprodukt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-indiana-jones-reorchestration-released?tu=Endprodukt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.