• Latest reply 5 years ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinnoise.jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Guys. Come up with quotes the game needs from indy! I'd like to send AJ the list in the next few days.

Some suggestions to get the ball rolling:

Indy's father: "Come on junior, shoot the jackpot!"

Indy: "Start the adventure!"

Indy: "I hate outlanes as much as I hate snakes"

#102 8 years ago

"Hit the fucking jackpot!"
Maybe some of the things he says during the three challenges..
"Penitent man is humble… kneels before God. Kneel!"

#103 8 years ago

@Endprodukt

Was du da wieder vor hast

sehr geil

halte mich am laufenden wenns was fertiges gibt

#104 8 years ago

Wow. If any game need this, it is IJ. The terrible sound quality (cheesy midi sounds) of the original is what has made it unplayable for me personally.

#105 8 years ago

"Snakes, it had to be snakes."
"It belongs in a museum." -Good for drains.
"Turn away Marion!"
"So long Lao Chai"

#106 8 years ago

“Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.”

“It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.”

Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.”

Don't Call me junior!

“that's what scares me"

“‘X’ never, ever marks the spot.”

“You know how to fly, don’t you?” “...Unhhh, no. Do you?” (Place crash hurry up - Or just a plane ramp)

“Nazis. I hate these guys.”

“Sallah, I said no camels. That’s five camels. …Can’t you count" (salah selected)

“You lost today, kid. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it.” (Ball drain)

If it’s truth you’re looking for, Dr. Tyree’s philosophy class is right down the hall.”

Didn’t any of you guys ever go to Sunday school?”

“I’m like a bad penny, I always turn up.”

You left just when you were becoming interesting.” - dr Jones

#107 8 years ago

Wow, those are some great suggestions PeterG

#108 8 years ago

Not Harrison Ford, but Belloq (ball drain): “Again, we see there is nothing you can possess which I can’t take away.”

Complete the (already present) quote: “Mola Ram! Prepare to meet Kali… in Hell!”

PeterG already offered these: alternate ball saver quote or narrow escape quote: “I’m like a bad penny, I always turn up.” AND/OR “Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.”

Ball drain: "Listen. Since I’ve met you I’ve nearly been incinerated, drowned, shot at, and chopped into fish bait."

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Indy: "I hate outlanes as much as I hate snakes"

Instead of that, I'd love to hear Indy say "Outlanes. Why'd it have to be outlanes?"

#110 8 years ago

"Crystal Skull. Why'd I have to do Crystal Skull."

"Nuke the fridge."

"I always shoot first"

Even if you didn't put them in the game, it would be good to hear them in Indy's voice.

I do think there's value in just the generic jackpot/multiball types of callouts as well to add some variety to Rhys-Davies samples.

#111 8 years ago

Peterg. Awesome.

Outlanes... Why'd it have to be outlanes is another awesome suggestion!

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

"Crystal Skull. Why'd I have to do Crystal Skull."
"Nuke the fridge."
"I always shoot first"
Even if you didn't put them in the game, it would be good to hear them in Indy's voice.
I do think there's value in just the generic jackpot/multiball types of callouts as well to add some variety to Rhys-Davies samples.

Was there an IJ movie with crystal skulls

#113 8 years ago

There is no reason to bother AJ with quotes that are in the movie but I might put some of them in. Thanks.

Some of the suggestions are already in there. Play more to find them Haha.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

“Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.” - wanted it, didn't know where to fit it into the game.

“It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.” Any idea where it would fit into the game?

Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.” Same... where to put it?

"Don't Call me junior!" - it's in there. Castle Grunewald mission.

“that's what scares me" - it's in there! Get The Idol mission.

“‘X’ never, ever marks the spot.” - wanted it in badly, didn't know where to put it.

“You know how to fly, don’t you?” “...Unhhh, no. Do you?” (Place crash hurry up - Or just a plane ramp) simply too long and there is specified event that let's me put it voices at this point of the game.

“Nazis. I hate these guys.” - love it, wanted it, didn't know where to put it. Hoped to put it into the Castle Grunewald mission, but the calls don't work that way in this mission.

“Sallah, I said no camels. That’s five camels. …Can’t you count" (salah selected) Good one.

“You lost today, kid. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it.” (Ball drain) Too long for a balldrain. Maybe just "You lost today, Kid."

If it’s truth you’re looking for, Dr. Tyree’s philosophy class is right down the hall.” Too long as much as I like it.

Didn’t any of you guys ever go to Sunday school?” Good one, where do you want it?

“I’m like a bad penny, I always turn up.” I need to see if there is a specific "coin in" sound that I could couple with this.

You left just when you were becoming interesting.” - dr Jones - would be great for a drain.

#115 8 years ago

Not sure how all these work and would get them in. I understand that an action calls for a certain sound bite, must mot be too long.

Wonder I a ball drain can be different kind of quotes, so quote A, then B, then C, etc. Or like selecting Willie can result in 3 different quotes where the game randomly selects one (one game quote A en next game Quote B)?

Some thoughts:

“Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.” - Extra for starting path of adventure?

“It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.” Any idea where it would fit into the game? When selecting Willie?

Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.” First lock ball - Arc selected

“‘X’ never, ever marks the spot.” - Third ball lock - Cup selected - just before rolling ball

“Nazis. I hate these guys.” - Start of Get the medallion video?

“Sallah, I said no camels. That’s five camels. …Can’t you count" (salah selected) Good one.

“You lost today, kid. (Ball drain)

You left just when you were becoming interesting.” Ball drain

Problem is, you are trying to make a great game even greater, that will be very hard. I think the original sounds and quotes in this machine are already on a level that can not be beaten easily. Great work from Williams in that time that will still stand after almost 25 years!!!

hope this helps...

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not sure how all these work and would get them in. I understand that an action calls for a certain sound bite, must mot be too long.
Wonder I a ball drain can be different kind of quotes, so quote A, then B, then C, etc. Or like selecting Willie can result in 3 different quotes where the game randomly selects one (one game quote A en next game Quote B)?
Some thoughts:
“Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.” - Extra for starting path of adventure?
“It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.” Any idea where it would fit into the game? When selecting Willie?
Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.” First lock ball - Arc selected
“‘X’ never, ever marks the spot.” - Third ball lock - Cup selected - just before rolling ball
“Nazis. I hate these guys.” - Start of Get the medallion video?
“You lost today, kid. (Ball drain)
You left just when you were becoming interesting.” Ball drain
Problem is, you are trying to make a great game even greater, that will be very hard. I think the original sounds and quotes in this machine are already on a level that can not be beaten easily. Great work from Williams in that time that will still stand after almost 25 years!!!
hope this helps...

Thanks for your input.

Never tried to compete with Granners work. I enhanced what's allready there. Do you use my mix with the pinsound board? Doesn't sound like it. I think most people can't look back after they played with my mix. I'm not the one who composed anything - that goes all to Granner and that Dude is a genious. No doubt about that.

Ps. There is no special soundevent for each locked ball, which is too bad because I'd love to integrate that.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Thanks for your input.
Never tried to compete with Granners work. I enhanced what's allready there. Do you use my mix with the pinsound board? Doesn't sound like it. I think most people can't look back after they played with my mix. I'm not the one who composed anything - that goes all to Granner and that Dude is a genious. No doubt about that.

I have an older version of your mix on my machine but there are somethings odd, like sound volume and not synced with the actions. So I switched to the OST version for now, which also has some strange things (like with the extra ball - complete silence) , waiting on an update from you BTW love the work you are doing....can't wait...

#118 8 years ago

I love Granner's work as much as anyone; but, you can't beat John Williams music and Ben Burtt sourced sound effects.

Olli's work takes a spectacular game and puts in into the stratosphere by blending them into the work Chris did long ago.

I'll live with the occasional Pinsound board delayed queue for the vastly improved overall experience.

#119 8 years ago

There seems to be a feature on newer firmwares that allow preloaded files. I can't test it because I'm on an old firmware because of the shaker support that was in there. (please don't ask - they're working on it). The delay really isn't bad over here though.

Quoted from PeterG:

I have an older version of your mix on my machine but there are somethings odd, like sound volume and not synced with the actions. So I switched to the OST version for now, which also has some strange things (like with the extra ball - complete silence) , waiting on an update from you BTW love the work you are doing....can't wait...

Wow. That seems to be a really old version.

#120 8 years ago

I'd like to know more about preloaded files, because I'm getting more and more convinced that it's my usb drive that's the bottleneck. If you could load to onboard memory, I'm sure it would be smoother. Is that feature I a released firmware? How does one test that?

#122 8 years ago

Wow! That guy is REALLY amazing! What a wonderful development! I wish I had an IJ...

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Guys. Come up with quotes the game needs from indy! I'd like to send AJ the list in the next few days.

IJ: it's just pinball.
Why'd you have to tilt?!
Archeology jackpot
Pinball, not rocket science.
Crusading bump.
Why'd it have to be pinball?!

Sean Connory: move the ball.
If nazis win the game, we all lose.
Holy grail of shots.
Don't stand there, do something. Junior!
Penitent man hits the shots.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

IJ: it's just pinball.
Why'd you have to tilt?!
Archeology jackpot
Pinball, not rocket science.
Crusading bump.
Why'd it have to be pinball?!
Sean Connory: move the ball.
If nazis win the game, we all lose.
Holy grail of shots.
Don't stand there, do something. Junior!
Penitent man hits the shots.

That's what I'm talking about. These are great.

3 weeks later
#125 8 years ago

Got AJ's files and they're sounding GREAT.

#126 8 years ago

wow, cant wait to here from you

#127 8 years ago

Since the AJ Files are NOT under the copyright of anyone but AJ and me, you can hit me up to get them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtr3i8e7sv9042g/outlanes.wav?dl=0

#128 8 years ago

I must be missing something simple but how is an "instruction number" in PinSound mapped to a specific action? I.E. If I wanted to play a specific sound during an outlane drain how do I know which number to prefix the folder with?

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I must be missing something simple but how is an "instruction number" in PinSound mapped to a specific action? I.E. If I wanted to play a specific sound during an outlane drain how do I know which number to prefix the folder with?

The most direct way is to record a .psrec file with the PinSound board. Play that file back in PinSound Studio and you'll see a chronological list of the sounds calls.

PinSound Studio is completely unintuitive, and has plenty of shortcomings, but it's really the only way. (Of course, if you're using a mix someone has created and they've labeled a folder as "000181-THIS_SOUND_GETS_PLAYED_DURING_OUTLANE_DRAIN" then you've got a pretty good idea that that's the outlane sound, without diving into PinSound Studio.)

#130 8 years ago

Thanks Blackjacker; so if I'm understanding this right the hex code in the psrec file corresponds t the folder ID?

Endprodukt- The idea of new voiceovers from AJ sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear them.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The most direct way is to record a .psrec file with the PinSound board. Play that file back in PinSound Studio and you'll see a chronological list of the sounds calls.
PinSound Studio is completely unintuitive, and has plenty of shortcomings, but it's really the only way. (Of course, if you're using a mix someone has created and they've labeled a folder as "000181-THIS_SOUND_GETS_PLAYED_DURING_OUTLANE_DRAIN" then you've got a pretty good idea that that's the outlane sound, without diving into PinSound Studio.)

Unintuitive? I don't get it. It must be the easiest software ever. It does everything you could ever want easily. As work everything...or doesn't do the work for you. Learn it. It's not hard to use.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Thanks Blackjacker; so if I'm understanding this right the hex code in the psrec file corresponds t the folder ID?

In some fashion, yes it does, if you can parse that data. The pic below shows how PinSound Studio displays it.

(Note that when I mentioned Studio's shortcomings, one of them is that if a sound is called but that folder is not present during playback in PinSound Studio, it doesn't get shown in the chronological playback list, but rather shown in a separate list as a "missing" sound, but with no timestamp info, so you don't know when in the playback that missing sound attempt occurred. So if you're working with an incomplete audio mix, and the folder for pop bumper sfx isn't present (say it's # 000121) you'll get a notification in the error list that sound 000121 is missing, but you won't see where in the playback that attempt to play 000121 was, so you end up putting a 'dummy' 000121 folder into your test mix and then re-running playback to see where it occurs, at which point you can then start to figure out what the sound is supposed to be.)

pinnoise.jpgpinnoise.jpg

#133 8 years ago

Interesting use case, thanks Blackjacker! I will try to include the missing sounds in the main playlist in a next release.

7 months later
#134 7 years ago

Just to bump this thread after recent news from PPS and Pinsound. Any change we could see the IJ reorchestration from Endprodukt on the Pinsound forum? I hope so, I watched the you tube video and it is stunning!!

1 year later
#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm just doing a huge update to the IJ Reorchestration. Compressing and limiting all the vocals to be exactly the same in volume... also doing some other updates to the whole package. Too bad I can't release it.

Is there any place to download this reorchestration? Sounds amazing!

11 months later
#136 5 years ago

Just got a pinsound+ for my Indy this weekend.
Thanks to several pinsiders for answering question via pm and steering me where to find this.
And a Spacial Thank You to Oliie for making it!!!

#137 5 years ago

The best Pinsound remix ever!

#138 5 years ago

10/10

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 63.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-indiana-jones-reorchestration-released/page/3?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.