• Latest reply 5 years ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinnoise.jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

Ok, beeing threated for saying I'm working on something for myself. This whole PPS thing is just plain wrong. I'm outta this.

#52 8 years ago

Who cares if he's sending you threats? There's nothing he can do about it. You're working on it for yourself. Block him, and continue doing what makes you happy.

#53 8 years ago

Thanks for all your updates on what sounds like an fantastic project...

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Ok, beeing threated for saying I'm working on something for myself. This whole PPS thing is just plain wrong. I'm outta this.

Classic.

#55 8 years ago

Don't say it's so. Don't give in to threats that cannot be backed up.

#56 8 years ago

Agreed he's full of shit...you're in Europe he couldn't touch you even if he wanted to. Also for future reference if you're working on a mod of any Bally Williams stuff put it up on an anonymous file sharing service and ask for bitcoin donations.

#57 8 years ago

I'm scared. I have PPS intellectual property linked up in my collection right now! Should I remove the games from my list just in case?

What I find funny is that the party that is claiming the rights knows that they wouldn't even be able to redistribute the reworked sound files anyway as those right wouldn't be included in the original license agreement with Bally/Williams to Lucasfilm.

The pinball community is small enough that we don't need to carve up fiefdoms inside the hobby. If the work of fellow enthusiasts make a 20 year old machine have new value and thus potentially increase the demand for the machine to a new generation and thus opening up continued revenue on maintaining support for that originally purchased IP... you'd think that would be a thing that the IP owner would want to encourage.

All I know is that the Pinsound tech has breathed new life into these old machines. That should be a good thing for everyone to celebrate and benefit from.

#58 8 years ago

It will be interesting when the MMR colorization hits the torrents.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

It's for you. Don't stop working on it.

My son drew a whitewater picture, I guess I should expect a cease and desist letter in the mail soon.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Who cares if he's sending you threats? There's nothing he can do about it. You're working on it for yourself. Block him, and continue doing what makes you happy.

He's starting to hit with low blows. You know... That kind of "others think you are a bad boy, too" talking. This is just out of my responsibility, now. Fuck this shit and fuck Rick. Ban me, sue me. It's nuts. Using someone i actually look up to against me is beyond being someone protecting his ip that's not even stolen - that's just being an asshole.

This is so ridiculous it's starts to be funny. I bet he never even heard my work. Good luck getting anyone to do this kind of work ever again... Except for granner himself.

#61 8 years ago

I really hate hearing this news as I was seriously thinking about buying a Pinsound Board for my IJ.

Hopefully something can be worked out. Indiana Jones is my favorite pin, and the first three films are my favorite films of all time.

#62 8 years ago

Don't throw in the towel, don't give into hate...

#63 8 years ago

Regardless of what is going I just wanted to post and say the work you did on IJ is incredible.

I just got my Pinsound and started to convert my GnR - no where near as big of a challenge but I now understand on a very small scale the work you did.

My hat's off to you sir. Amazing job. You are a very talented sound person. I'm buying a Pinsound for my IJ because you did this soundtrack.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Sounds like Rick is taking the joy out of pinball for his own $$$ interest. He seems to be trying to bust balls everywhere. People will stop creating great things for pinball if this continues.
GREED
Does he have us all by the balls?

Thank you Endprodukt for trying to make pinball better for the community!

1 month later
#65 8 years ago

It falls under fair use laws anyway. Rick, don't be a jerk. You know it does. Ask the Supreme Court. I own the pin and the blu Rays so I own the sounds in it for myself. Check the law.

#66 8 years ago

Hard to imagine what kind of case he has when Endprodukt wasn't charging any money for it. It was a hobbyist improving a product and sharing it with friends for free. I would think that would be a slam dunk in court.

#67 8 years ago

I can see his argument in court now...

Rick: Uhh, your honor. Endprodukt made my product better and as a result I sold more replacement parts. Can you please stop him from infringing on my IP?
Judge: GTFO of here before I smack my gavel upside your head.

#68 8 years ago

Lol. Well, go man go. Best wishes.

3 weeks later
#69 8 years ago

Well damn, I get all excited to hear the IJ version of the pinsound and came here to find out that rick was here.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Fair Use US Laws only apply to those in the US. You can do as you wish, don't let him trick you.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Well damn, I get all excited to hear the IJ version of the pinsound and came here to find out that rick was here.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#72 8 years ago

Imagine how wonderful life would be if copyright would be limited to 5 years.

#73 8 years ago

So glad that these copyrights were bought from Gene allowing someone to ruin -save- the hobby for us.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So glad that these copyrights were bought from Gene allowing someone to ruin -save- the hobby for us.

Not defending Rick's actions by any stretch of the imagination but,

I recall Wayne being similarly aggressive on protecting IP. Wonder if this is part of Williams' contract? That would suck.

1 month later
#75 8 years ago

Use Paynemic is one guy with a golden ear. He found out that the majority of the speech samples are too slow. 10-12%, so the pitch is lower.

Top men working on it right now.

#76 8 years ago

Just discovered this thread. Read through it thinking I'm about to order a Pinsound board. Then.........

pRick

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Top men working on it right now.

Top.. Men..

FYI - Rick had a tantrum and deactivated his pinside account yesterday.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Top.. Men..
FYI - Rick had a tantrum and deactivated his pinside account yesterday.

Where was the tantrum?

#80 8 years ago

You should see the size of my ears... It would make sense...

#81 8 years ago

Strange things are happening in the pinworld. For some reason PPS (Rick) got bashed because he could not help it that someone sold crappy (or none) WW toppers under the PPS license. Of course he was limited in what he could do. If Disney new all the crappy Star wars items get around now, I wonder if they check. So I support him on that.
But on the other hand PPS was real fast on IP infringement when Endproduct used sounds for the IJ. Wonder if the sounds used are included in the IP from Williams? Sounds would be from the film owner or even Lucas Art? As Endprodukt took them from the movie. Also using pictures, sounds etc for own purposes is ok, as long as you are not making money with it. So the Mix from Endprodukt offered for free to the community via the pinsound forum, would fall into this category, PPS was wrong on that one. Or am i missing something here?
So it's hard to tell from this forum if PPS is right or wrong........

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Strange things are happening in the pinworld. For some reason PPS (Rick) got bashed because he could not help it that someone sold crappy (or none) WW toppers under the PPS license. Of course he was limited in what he could do. If Disney new all the crappy Star wars items get around now, I wonder if they check. So I support him on that.
But on the other hand PPS was real fast on IP infringement when Endproduct used sounds for the IJ. Wonder if the sounds used are included in the IP from Williams? Sounds would be from the film owner or even Lucas Art? As Endprodukt took them from the movie. Also using pictures, sounds etc for own purposes is ok, as long as you are not making money with it. So the Mix from Endprodukt offered for free to the community via the pinsound forum, would fall into this category, PPS was wrong on that one. Or am i missing something here?
So it's hard to tell from this forum if PPS is right or wrong........

No...that made perfect sense. And why many couldn't understand why Rick was being so unreasonable.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No...that made perfect sense. And why many couldn't understand why Rick was being so unreasonable.

Rick's reasonableness is irrelevant. If you're not breaking any laws in your country just do what you want and ignore him.

#84 8 years ago

The really odd thing about the whole PPS situation is that having an improved audio experience for Indy Pin Adventure does nothing but increase the demand for a game that would then need parts and supplies that they do have the license for and are selling products of.

Most would think that would be something they would encourage.

#85 8 years ago

My guess is that Rick isn't getting a cut of pinsound boards. Without quality re-orchestrations, pinsound doesn't sell very many boards.

I'm all for Rick defending his IP when appropriate - but I think he should back off of this one. The re-orchestrations are being shared for *FREE* and the author of the re-orchestration is not associated with pinsound.

#86 8 years ago

Agreed on all points. Endprodukt and others are just improving the pinball ecosystem and that helps everyone. And they're doing a lot of awesome work for free.

#87 8 years ago

Can we stop talking about Rick in my threads... ?

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Can we stop talking about Rick in my threads... ?

Are you willing to share your lifeswork with other IJ fans now we hope we convinced you that 'a certain person who's name we can not say and is out of here' was talking Bullsh...?

#89 8 years ago

If it weren't for Disney and this beeing an open forum - of course.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

If it weren't for Disney and this beeing an open forum - of course.

You know there freedom of speech applies here. You can *say* anything you want.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You know there freedom of speech applies here. You can *say* anything you want.

That doesn't mean I can publish what ever I want.

Btw: I might get AJ LoCascio to do Indy impressions. What do you guys want him to do for IJ?

#92 8 years ago

All IJ Quotes have been redone to the correct speed - thanks again for pointing that out to me, paynemic.

I'm making a list for AJ... this is your chance to have special quotes by Henry and Indy.

Check him out, I think he sounds fantastic.

Any donations to him would be greatly appreciated as he is doing it for free!

#93 8 years ago

The only things I'd want done would be pinball specific quotes. Like "shoot the right ramp" or stuff like that. Or possibly redo the ones in the game that have background noise or volume levels. I still think one of the best quotes in the movie is, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage". But he kinda mumbles that one so it doesn't get the props it deserves. Apparently Harrison ford wrote that line impromptu.

Oh, and I'd definitely redo "collect everything"

#94 8 years ago

Amazing impersonations!

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Oh, and I'd definitely redo "collect everything"

We never found out who actually did that quote - but I agree, it sounds a bit lacking for the importance of the upcoming task (ie 1 billion points). I think it'd be cool for Sallah to do that one - I wonder if AJ does Sallah as well?

#96 8 years ago

Wow. That impersonator is the real deal!!!

#97 8 years ago

Guys. Come up with quotes the game needs from indy! I'd like to send AJ the list in the next few days.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Guys. Come up with quotes the game needs from indy! I'd like to send AJ the list in the next few days.

"Beelzeboob is an idiot!"

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

All IJ Quotes have been redone to the correct speed - thanks again for pointing that out to me, paynemic.
I'm making a list for AJ... this is your chance to have special quotes by Henry and Indy.
Check him out, I think he sounds fantastic.
» YouTube video
Any donations to him would be greatly appreciated as he is doing it for free!

There's obviously top men working on this.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

There's obviously top men working on this.

Yes...but what worries me is how they say goodbye in Germany.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.95
17,250 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 21.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-indiana-jones-reorchestration-released/page/2?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.