(Topic ID: 216362)

Pinsound Headphone station

By Kobaja

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

PinSound has introduced the "Headphone station".

https://www.pinsound.org/headphones-station/

So do I understand correctly that with the release of the pinsound plus the headphone jack was removed (compared to the previous version of the pinsound board), only to re-introduce it as a paid option without much improvement? I find that a bit lame, but would love to see it discussed.

My expectation would have been a more innovative approach. Such as Bluetooth. Not sure what to think about it bottom line.

#2 5 years ago

Wow didn't know this. I was ready to pull the trigger on one but now need to do a little research, thx.

#3 5 years ago

There is a right and left RCA jack output on the Pinsound+ board that could be used as a headphone out with the right plug.

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

You're correct @hawknole, now there is a RCA connector on the PinSound+ board, much more useful for the PinSound users as they usually like to connect an extra subwoofer on the board.

And for information, this line out connector can easily be connected to a bluetooth transmitter.

Not cool to say that the Headphones Station doesn't bring any improvement... :'(
    We've spent a lot of time, energy and money to create this accessory. 18 months of work since we got the idea, sorry to not meet your expectation.

#5 5 years ago

I think the new headphone station is great- direct control of the headphone volume right where the headphones can be hung on the leg. I had it on my Getaway at Allentown PinFest and got a lot of positive feedback about it.

#6 5 years ago

Hm. Maybe i misunderstood - to me it seemes like something that was previously available has been removed and re-introduced as a paid option. The Station as such I do find cool, jut not the fact that it is a paid replacement for a plug that expsted before. If that'S not the case, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

#7 5 years ago

So I just bought one of these with my board and new speakers. My question is how to run the cord to the board without drilling. Am I running it through the circular area covered by black plastic on the back of the machine? For my LoTR, it’s on the top left, facing from the front. Looks like I’d need to unscrew it or something.

1 month later
    #8 5 years ago

Hi there. I was hoping someone could help me out with a Headphone Station question. I have installed this on my Indiana Jones with a v.1 pinsound board. I was able to successfully download the firmware update. The problem I have is that every time you start a new ball, the volume drops much lower and will stay there until you move the volume button back and forth on the station, which will put it back at its normal volume. Any ideas? Thank you

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

So I just bought one of these with my board and new speakers. My question is how to run the cord to the board without drilling. Am I running it through the circular area covered by black plastic on the back of the machine? For my LoTR, it’s on the top left, facing from the front. Looks like I’d need to unscrew it or something.

Yes you’ll have to lift the metal grille cover and run the cable down the underside of the cabinet.

4 months later
    #10 5 years ago

Hey everyone, just a couple quick questions, if I wanted to use headphones with my Pinsound+ on my BSD without one of the extra accessories, would this cable be appropriate? I was thinking 9 feet is more than enough and gives me flexibility to route it to the front. The leg station is really cool, but I'm going to have to upgrade to that later.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07219F4Z3/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0

Should I find one that has a volume adjuster on the cable itself, or just use the coin door volume control?

I do like the idea that PinSound made of a bluetooth transmitter to be completely wireless from board to headphones too. Anyone find a product out there that works great for that?

Also, do any of these items have any affect on my ability to change from the old mix to the new mix on the fly?

1 week later
    #11 5 years ago

I have the RCA cables I asked about above and tried hooking them up to my RCA line out, but I cannot just use the headphones only and not hear the main speakers. The headphones are faint at best, and to turn the volume up enough to hear the headphones it takes the main speaker sound to a dangerous level. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm just digging into my PinSound board for the first time and I'm sort of disappointed in the lack of direction or ideas in using the RCA, Headphone Station jack, etc. on the board on the site. Any mention of the Headphone Station port on the board only references the leg unit.

#12 5 years ago

4 years later
    #13 6 months ago

I am thinking of purchasing the Pinsound Ultimate kit. It comes with the Headphone station, but honestly I don't get why I would use that? Ok, I can put on headphones, but the pinball running around the playfield is going to make a racket for anyone in the room or in a nearby room. So, why not just play the sound through the speakers if you are going to make a noise anyways?

What am I missing? Sound fidelity maybe?

#14 6 months ago
    Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

Sound fidelity is one aspect. Star Wars i.e. really profits from good speakers and is a whole different experience with a proper setup. Or headphones. Also some like to blast the volume like hell, so if thats the idea, also headphones. Otherwise that station is nothing but retail therapy.

Honestly, the better thing to do is to connect a low latency bluetooth transmittter to the internal headphone jack and then use low latency bluetooth headphones.

#15 6 months ago

I can address this,I get up before my Wife does.I like to play early, and have headphone jacks in all my pins except my ss pins! My arcade is at the back of my house. So,when I use my Bluetooth wireless headphones, doesn't wake her up! She can't hear the balls rolling around the PF! OK??

#16 6 months ago

hawkmoon and @rdrapeau3171, It allows you to change the soundtrack without having to open the coin door.

#17 6 months ago
    Quoted from shepP:

hawkmoon and rdrapeau3171, It allows you to change the soundtrack without having to open the coin door.

Was not aware that you could change the soundtrack. What do you need to do to change it?
    Thanks.

#18 6 months ago
    Quoted from rdrapeau3171:

Was not aware that you could change the soundtrack. What do you need to do to change it?
    Thanks.

With the current Pinsound boards you turn the volume all the way down and it will change. I think with the original pinsound 1 you had to turn the volume knob down twice.

#19 6 months ago
    Quoted from shepP:

With the current Pinsound boards you turn the volume all the way down and it will change. I think with the original pinsound 1 you had to turn the volume knob down twice.

Thanks for the information shepP.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-headphone-station and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.