(Topic ID: 157633)

Pinsound for Data East Star Trek

By PeoriaKid

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Does anyone have a Data East Star Trek with the Pinsound board in it? I'm curious what you think of it and was it worth it? Does it come pre-programmed with music and voices? I looked on Youtube already but couldn't find any videos.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from PeoriaKid:

Does it come pre-programmed with music and voices?

No.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks. Do you have a Pinsound board for any of your machines? Where do you get the music and voices? Was it worth it?

#4 8 years ago

I have a pinsound in my Williams IJ. You pull the sound file down from their site / community submissions. The process is very easy - just need a thumb drive, which it came with!

Places like ksarcade offer a service to preload it for you for a small fee. I declined this to do it myself, so I could get the full experience.. I'm not sure if you order them directly from pinsound how long shipping, etc takes but when I ordered it from ksarcade, it arrived literally the next day.

Not the same game as yours, of course but I'm thrilled with my pinsound board. Their build quality, installation instructions - everything was top notch.

That week I did a pinsound and colordmd the same week and spent the next month holding every other purchase to unrealistically high expectations.

I did some feet dragging for over a year because of how much these are but in my experience it was well worth it!!

#5 8 years ago

I put the pinsound board in my Twilight Zone and it was a really nice addition. You have to download the zip file for your machine and add it to the included usb drive. That drive plugs into your board and extracts/converts the audio files upon start up of your machine. The USB drive stays on the board after that.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for everyone's replies. Anyone have experience with No Good Gofers? I saw it on the list of available machines. Do they make them for Stern machines? I also have a Nascar.

1 month later
#7 7 years ago

So here is the thing. If there are none available, you spend a lot of time creating your own good mixes. I created one for STTNG because I knew the sounds could be better with all the soundtracks/sound effects out there and it is the only machine I own. It is a tedious process using Audacity or whatever your favorite sound editor is. This is one of those if you want it you need to do it yourself type situations.

That being said it's really not that tough using Audacity to create stereo scrolling and fade in /fade out, but unless you find a different source you are mixing crap quality sound to begin with.

Back to the original question >> DE Star Trek would need to be created by a member of the faithful
>>IJ was created by someone else and they got IP flagged
>> STTNG was created by me and few other people separately and is out there
>> NGG would need to be created by a member of the faithful

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,800 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-for-data-east-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.