Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-08-10 16.37.10 (resized).jpg
2018-08-10 16.36.54 (resized).jpg
2018-08-10 16.36.44 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

I just recieved this from Pinsound. https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product&id_lang=1

Reports I've seen say that it's supposed to help eliminate buzzing, but most importantly, create a better source of power so that the sound doesn't cut out, which I've been having a problem with on my Jurassic Park. I've seen that it's supposed to work with the stock sound board, and doesn't require the Pinsound board.

But I've having an issue. First, the connector that goes into CN2 from the Pinsound CN2 connector had 2 pins blocked. On my board, I only have one missing pin, so I had to pull out one of the plugs.

But also, my stock CN2 has 4 wires on it, the Pinsound connector only has 3.

I went ahead and plugged it all in and turned it on. I have sound, but it's very low and the volume control doesn't work.

What do I have to modify to get this to work? Do I just need to add one more wire to match the 4th one that's not present on the Pinsound CN2 connector?

Here's some photos. Hopefully they will help make sense.

The bottom photo shows that the stock connector is being plugged into the Pinsound connector that only has one single (red) cable going to the board.

2018-08-10 16.36.44 (resized).jpg2018-08-10 16.36.54 (resized).jpg2018-08-10 16.37.10 (resized).jpg

#2 3 months ago

Saturday Bump.

I noticed that the -12v wire isn't represented in the powerbooster. Does anyone know if I were to add a -12v wire to complete the connection, will that make it work? Any chance that it would over power and blow something?

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

I just recieved this from Pinsound. https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product&id_lang=1
Reports I've seen say that it's supposed to help eliminate buzzing, but most importantly, create a better source of power so that the sound doesn't cut out, which I've been having a problem with on my Jurassic Park. I've seen that it's supposed to work with the stock sound board, and doesn't require the Pinsound board.

This accessory is only compatible with a PinSound board.
Using it with a DE stock sound board will probably damage it. Please, do not do it.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from PinSound:

This accessory is only compatible with a PinSound board.
Using it with a DE stock sound board will probably damage it. Please, do not do it.

Thanks! Got the email yesterday.

Now to go rough up the guy who said it would work, and that he's used it with 3 of his stock DE machines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crofton, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside