pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unlockpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1309 5 years ago

Installed the Pinsound board in a TZ. Found there was a delay in the sound when the action was happening. It mainly was at the end of ball bonus. Changed it to a TAF and is better. I'm just not a fan of the startup sequence. "ping, ping, ping. . . . ding dong ding wooooo." Too long a startup time. Also I don't see the huge difference in sound on the machine. The speakers are upgraded to Pinball Pro Premium. Have another Pinsound board in IJ. It looks cool when you open up the back box, but otherwise no big $300.00 difference. I'm starting to think that in D.E. games the board would make a difference. However with the Pinsound board, upgraded speakers, and Color DMD can see where machine would have power issues.

The website is user friendly and may contribute to other added/altered/new sounds, but I'm a traditional sound guy anyway.

1 week later
#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I got a WHOLE bunch of PMs asking about what USB drive to upgrade to -
For those who don’t know the history of this- there are several outstanding mixes out there for PinSound games - in particular is the amazing Indiana Jones mix by Endprodukt. The mix has a million callouts and CD quality orchestra sound (stereo!). But on a lot of boards, it can exhibit delays in the sounds - e.g. you’ll be playing a game, drain, and THEN the game plays the sound for the last thing you did with that ball that just drained. Frustrating to say the least.
Well. I am proud to say we’ve identified this particular problem as definitely related to the speed of the USB drive installed to the board. I bought several super-fast usb drives and tested them on IJ and on Twilight zone (which does not typically exhibit delays)
It worked. No delays after several games, quick plays, long plays, and by a player much better than me.
Of note is that the stock USB drive that comes with the board is .. pretty much a piece of crap. Get rid of it!
Here is the link to the killer drive:
SanDisk Extreme CZ80 16GB USB 3.0...
amazon.com link »

I purchased this drive and it does not work. Sound is dead on my AF. Had to put back the original slow, delayed sound USB drive that came with the board.

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can’t remember off the top of my head, bud did you reformat the drive with correct FAT format? I’ve used multiple sizes and brands when testing, and they all worked for me.

Tried the reformat with drive to FAT32. Nothing.

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I dunno; I've bought 4 of them, and all 4 work. sorry to hear that! They did work out of the box. You may also need to remove the special samsung software that comes on it - remove any files on it (or reformat - make sure you do not do a "quick format" ) and then re-load the files. There isn't anything special about this USB drive, just that it's faster.

The issue was the firmware. I purchased the Pinsound 1 Board over 2 years ago and was never impressed by it. Withe the upgrade firmware I now see the full experience of the sounds. Its fantastic.

The firmware help page automatically downloads the firmware for the Pinsound+. I had to go to the help page, click the Pinsound 1 Board picture and then download the firmware upgrade. The install is simple once you download the upgrade and the upgrade remedied all issues.

4 months later
#1356 5 years ago

The sound card is a must for Data East Star Wars!! It is incredible!! Just installed it in my machine and what a difference. Also upgrade to a X-Pin power supply in order to run the speakers, Color DMD, and Pinball Pro speakers!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unlockpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=unlockpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.