pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#614 8 years ago

Here are my Doctor Who mixes. I just finished a new one. Doctor Who Meets Metal.

Doctorin' the Tardis

Doctor Who Meets Metal

#618 8 years ago

Thanks. I just uploaded the Metal version to the Pinsound site. While I was updating the Doctorin' the Tardis version with a Youtube link, it appeared to take it offline and put it back into the queue for approval by them. Sorry about that. Hopefully they will get it back online soon.

I've got some ideas to make a few more. I love the variety and the ability to switch mixes whenever I want.

1 month later
#655 8 years ago

T2 sounds as dramatic as ever. I like it.

Here's my Doctor Who Disco I finished. Groovy. I spent about 10 hours on this one. There's a lot of editing to make these come out right.

FYI: I made my videos with a 1/8" stereo cable run from the headphone jack into my labtop to record the music track. I turn the output of the sound board to max and have it faintly playing on the laptop. Just enough for my video camera to pick it up (for syncing later). My camera records the video and the flipper sounds, ball smacks, etc. Then I add the music sound track and blend them together with Adobe Premiere. The only tricky part is syncing the two up. This was the best way to hear the music. My first video stunk because my camera picked up mostly flipper sounds.

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

hi Pinballshark, I am going to record a video for my TZ mix, and I am planning to do as you did it, directly recording the output from the board.
Did you play without the glass in order to accomodate the camera?

Yes. No glass to avoid reflections. My camera was duct taped to the lock down bar MacGyver style.

1 month later
#702 8 years ago

I agree. I have put more plays on my Doctor Who with my new sound mixes in the past 4 months that I have in the past 2 years prior. It transforms the game.

Speaking of Doctor Who, here's my latest mix. I just uploaded it to the PinSound site and hopefully it appears in a few days.

1 week later
#708 8 years ago

Thanks. That laser sound is taken directly from the show and is an authentic Dalek laser blast. There are 3 variations of it.

2 weeks later
#712 7 years ago

Any remote chance Pinsound could be made compatible with Gottlieb System 3? I would put one of these in my Stargate in a heartbeat.

1 week later
#735 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Just installed a pinsound board in my Doctor Who. I was blown away by how simple the whole process is. Easiest upgrade ever! I dropped in a new sound mix posted by another pinsider and I love it. Me and my Doctor who give it 16 thumbs up!

Congrats! I made 4 of them for Doctor Who. Which one did you use? BTW, you can install all of them and change to a different mix by lowering the volume to 0 and back up again. You can even do that during game play (in between balls for example).

1 year later
#1104 6 years ago

Here's a question for people with Pinsound in their STTNG. Does yours hesitate to play some music tracks? I notice it when starting a mode after the mission start jingle. There's a second or two delay before the track starts on mine.

AND, at the end of game, the final music track repeats forever well after the game is over. It's using the main theme track at the end so I can't just add in 10 minutes of silence to compensate for this bug.

#1107 6 years ago

I found the reason for the music not starting when it should. I had some dead air at the end of a jingle. I trimmed it and now it works like it should. Still got the odd issue with the music at game over, though.

Quoted from pinballshark:

Here's a question for people with Pinsound in their STTNG. Does yours hesitate to play some music tracks? I notice it when starting a mode after the mission start jingle. There's a second or two delay before the track starts on mine.
AND, at the end of game, the final music track repeats forever well after the game is over. It's using the main theme track at the end so I can't just add in 10 minutes of silence to compensate for this bug.

4 months later
#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I cant iron down that horrible humming that is common in most Data East pins, if I get the Pinsound, new speakers and new wires I wonder if this would solve my Jurassic park issues I'm having.

I've put Pinsound in a Last Action Hero and a Jurassic Park. Neither one had any hum or slight buzz that the originals sound boards had. The LAH was cutting out at high volume so I put in a switching power supply to power it. Jurassic Park was okay. The difference with LAH is probably due to the fact that it still has the original power supply board and the best sound mix for it is mostly heavy metal music (more bass) causing more power draw. The JP has a newer Rottendog power supply.

Oh, and the mix for JP by Endprodukt is superb.

3 weeks later
#1233 6 years ago

The mix sound perfect in my game, but I imagine a combination of different speakers, tone settings, balance settings probably cause variations in how the mix performs.

You can adjust the volume of the music by putting a gain.txt file in your music directory (within the mix). Include one number in it (0-20, default being 10). Try an 8. If you want the music quieter, put a lower number. If you want it louder, but a bigger number.

Quoted from adamross:

I just installed Pinsound on my STTNG with Pinball Shark's awesome re-orchestration, but the music drowns out the call outs and voice actors terribly. The mix sounds fine in his Youtube video, so I'm wondering what adjustments I may need to make to the board settings so it's not so uneven? Thanks in advance for any tips.
(I've also posted this on the STTNG forum)

#1235 6 years ago

Glad it worked to your liking! Pinsound rocks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballshark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=pinballshark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.