pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#487 8 years ago

What do I need to do to connect this to a table with upgraded speakers/sub from pinball pro?

Also if anyone is thinking of selling their PM me.

1 week later
#495 8 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

What machine are you attempting this on?
I have done this on a Data East as well a Williams machine that both have the Pro Setups. I am not at home right now so I can't look, but it wasn't to bad to do and I can give you a hand.

I'm buying it for my guns n roses machine which is DE and I believe in stereo already. Really just looking to include some of the other hits ON TOP of what already exists as I think it sounds great too. Someone linked a $25 wire attachment - I'm assuming I need to buy that but do I need to solder as well b/c if so, I might have to pass.

#497 8 years ago

so I don't need the extra cord or I do but no soldering?

#500 8 years ago

OK seems like then if I'm doing this on a DE and I have pinball pro speakers, I don't need to buy or do anything extra than just get the PS card and install right?

#501 8 years ago

well - decided to jump in and buy one. Just bought the board (and not the speaker wiring) based on feedback provided. Plan on making a wicked guns n roses mix to share with the community. It will have you can be mine, its so easy and November rain for sure.

#504 8 years ago

one more technical question related to sound effects. I just want to replace the music/or add to the original but want to keep all the sound effects as is. Can I accomplish this without having to do anything or do I need to select all the sound effects too?

#506 8 years ago

is it true the only way to change the volume with this is the backboard? No longer can use the dial in the cab?

#509 8 years ago

thank god - good to hear!

1 week later
#530 8 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone used the pinsound with upgraded speakers(PP or FF)?
Worth getting the speakers or is the pinsound enough?

I just ordered a pinsound for my GnR but already have pinball pro speakers which sound absolutely incredible. The pinsound is really just for the variety, which will be endless but gdamn, it's expensive! If the price was reduced, I would probably buy another but if I had to only get one, it goes to the GnR!

btw - I've been so impressed with the PP speakers that i ended up buying another pair for my Jurassic Park. I couldn't believe the difference it made that JP sounds like absolute garbage compared to it. Thank god those are only 160!

#546 8 years ago

New owner here and just installed into my Guns N Roses with pinballpro speakers. Before I comment on performance, here are my issues. Anyone?

1) The pot volume control in my cabinet no longer does anything. Doesn't raise volume anymore. i thought I could still control volume the way I used to before this board?

2) The sounds are slightly delayed compared to what I'm seeing on the PF. How do you fix that as that is a critical issue.

3) Where is the mix for the original sound? Can I get that easily or do I need to down the original audit and convert everything, put in folders, etc?

4) Can I avoid hearing those beeps each time on startup? I thought so by doing boot.wav but it only plays that once the beeps are done.

Here is a pic of the install:

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/2219/RhR2Fk.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/7949/Sz8A1e.jpg

#549 8 years ago

thanks - updated the FW before I started. really weird. no volume on my cabinet dial. Will look into it further. if anyone else knows, lmk

#551 8 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

You made a mistake for the pot plug, near the usb drive. The red wire should be on the top, not on the bottom.
That's why your pot volume control in my cabinet do not work.

I guess the plug is upside down b/c I didn't wire the connector (red wire on the bottom) - which is the plug you're talking about - not the ribbon cable right? Will flip it once the machine is done converting as I'm trying that way instead of doing converting myself to see if it helps with delay.

Thanks!

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

You made a mistake for the pot plug, near the usb drive. The red wire should be on the top, not on the bottom.
That's why your pot volume control in my cabinet do not work.

So this worked! Volume control in my cab now works!

The delay is still there (mostly on pop bumpers and sling short hits) - any suggestions? I'm actually using your mix (thanks!) and now that volume work, when I go to lower or make higher it seems to tell the machine to change mixes as I can hear the cue and then the sound is back on. Thing is I don't have any other mixes besides the one from you on the USB.

What's weird is that it will say wake up! in the begging AND have the default voice play at the same time (of all the bands....) like it's playing both. Also slash guitar riff when you pick his option at startup is not played and the new mode music is. Any idea? I also liked how the old mix would cut right to the heavy part of welcome to the jungle when the ball hits the top pop bumpers on the initial plunge as opposed to what's happening now which is play jungle from start no matter what. How do I get it to change instantly once the ball hits the top pop bumpers like the original?

#556 8 years ago

I will also add that some sounds appear to just not play randomly. For example, when I drain a ball, the drain sound plays 90% of the time. No sound is playing when it says match even though I know it's in there. GnR btw. anyone else notice this?

Other examples - slash riff for game modes or even the game over screen....they work 90% of the time but one time it won't play at all??!!

#558 8 years ago

appreciate the help julien. Your mix is what i used to start mine and it was also very helpful. Will share my updates soon.

btw - I'm using the usb supplied by pinsound....wish it was usb 3. might try another to see results.

#560 8 years ago

Anyone know the title track in GnR when it plays "Match" before the girl that takes her top off is shown? I want to find it on my file but can't and it randomly plays that one (sometimes yes, sometimes no) so wanted to check it out.

#562 8 years ago

so I'm pretty much done with my mix for GNR and it sounds great when played right. I say when b/c unless it's a bug for DE games, some clips will either not play all the time they are cued (as I mentioned above) but now I'm seeing songs that don't actually go on and the main theme will just keep on playing. For example, hit the 3 ball axel mode and instead of going to the custom mode song it just continues playing the main song that was playing before I went into mode play.

I'm going to try another USB stick - was using the pinsound provided one. Really hope this is just a bug or user error b/c the unpredictability is leading to things like it playing a short song that is in a long spot (like a main spot) which is resulting in it cutting off and restarting which is just jarring.

Sound quality is abosoluetly fantastic though and thats with my pinball pro speakers already in which was a huge step from stock. Pinsound is a huge step in quality too b/c the music is just so clear. whoever suggested to use a usb extension cord to avoid having to go into the backbox to change music is a genius. thanks again.

EDIT - seemed like keeping the key door closed and not opening during game helped but still experienced randomness. I know it's bugging out b/c when it picks and incorrect song for the slot, the machine will not play the drain sound. Anyone else experiencing this and if so, any solutions?

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

a few answers/ideas :
1 - If you use an extension cord for the usb (good idea), but it might create a short delay, try without. I Never tried before.
2 - AXl 3 ball is not starting a custom music but the 000030, check this with pinsound studio
3 - Please record to a psrec file your game while playing: to do this, use the config.ini file, and read all the infos on their websites. Then play this PSrec file on your computer using Pinsound Studio, and compare. Tell me about the results or send me your psrec.
4 - On my latest mix at home, i changed yesterday the bumpers sounds (000123, 000124, 000126...) and i did not notice any delays (i am using an older firmware actually)
5 - as i already said, there is still a short bug for DataEast, it can (must ?) be your problem. (random sounds or music not played) Just wait a few days for a new one...
6 - Are you sure you do not have missing files for your mix. Again, try it with Pinsound Studio. I think the door closed or not do not change anything.

Thanks! Here are my thoughts (#2, 4, 5 and 6 are important):

1) The (slight) delay was there before the extension although good idea as I would have thought the same!
2) Not sure I follow your comment here. One time it didn't but other times it did. I think it has to do with the bug you mention. The lottery sound during match is the worst culprit - only plays 10% of the time.
3) Will look into this - similar to #2
4) Sent you a PM for those updated sounds to send to me.
5) So there is a bug that is causing certain sounds to not play or play in the wrong spots and it's NOT my issue only? Good to hear!
6) I used your mix as the base and then just added in my own (switched out Coma with a different file that plays the doctors talking, etc). I never used Pinsound studios for anything. Did I overlook something critical but not doing this?

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I can confirm the random Data East issues (missed cues and delays) on my SWDE.
It's the only thing holding me back from finishing up my mix at this point. Trying to figure out what isn't working the way you intend when clips don't happen consistently is a pain.
Hopefully, new firmware will make an improvement.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Julien mentioned the same. Not sure there is anything we can do on our end to fix the missed or delayed calls until it's fixed. I will ask the devs when. Too bad as this product is excellent otherwise!

#579 8 years ago

happy to report that the new FW fixed the music not playing right on my GnR. There is still a very small delay although it's barely noticeable but I am very sensitive to that and can still tell it's there. normal person won't even notice though

The machine is still playing the wrong song for gilby and dizzy missions but could be my fault - need to check. Overall fantastic update. Also wasn't sure if I can get the game to just play my michelle in the drain as opposed to playing that music then the drain music - the back to back sounds disjointed. Original mix I believe just played my michelle although could be wrong.

With things basically working, I'm going to post a video of my mix. It brings in a lot that I haven't seen in others so could be helpful for others. As usual - Julien's base was my start as he did a fantastic startup.

#580 8 years ago

GnR owners - does the music for the Gilby and Dizzy modes work with the new firmware? Everything is perfect w/ the new fw except these modes (normal main music just plays not the ones I've assigned). Might be a bug as the old fw I don't believe this was an issue. lmk

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Works in mine w/ the new firmware. File 000048.
I absolutely hate that Dizzy and Gilby modes share the same background music, though, as I'm trying to come up with a config where Gilby doesn't have any background music at all, just the motorcycle noise. Right now I have 000198 (the motorcycle sound) set as a Jingle, so when it comes on it cancels out the 000048 mode background music, but there's like 2 seconds of 000048 that plays before it gets canceled. Adding a 2 second delay to that 000048 solves that, but then you get 2 seconds of delay in Dizzy mode.
Hoping that the "custom rules" that PinSound has touted in the last 2 FW updates could solve this, but no info out of them so far on what they do or how to implement them.

OK - didn't know that they share the same music. Maybe that's why neither work (prob the same issue). I will check 000048 - as I believe that's the music based on your message.

EDIT - 000048 totally fixed it. Didn't know that was being used. thanks! Game works perfect now. Potential buyers for a DE game - now is the time to jump in. Will post a video of my mix as well. Look to upload it to the website too.

2 weeks later
#606 8 years ago

I finally got around to recording my custom mix for Guns N Roses. Will likely upload the mix shortly to pinsound. Video doesn't capture all the music since I have multiple tracks for main music, etc but it's a very good representation. Very happy with the card and now with the data east issues fixed, I can def recommend getting this. If you have a music based table, it's a must have. Upgrade your speakers too (mine are pinball pro). Enjoy.

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

What is going on with the frozen MKII screen? Do you not worry about monitor burn (if you added pause function)?
I did like the mix.

It's actually the desktop background for my mame machine. The cabinet has been designed to look just like MK2 and I leave a picture on there as a backdrop so it seems "on" all the time.

Here is a video of the mame machine in action. It's a must have if you grew up with arcades!

1 week later
#629 8 years ago

Any of you guys using headphones with this? If so, how are you connecting them? I see a kit on the website but it seems like I can prob buy my own stuff right? Also - any way to get bluetooth headphones to work on this?

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I have the headphones kit. It's basically a long jack cable with some plastic pieces to stick under the cab. You then hold the cable on those plastic pieces. You can do it youself. Simply using a long cable it's enough really: you plug it in Pinsound and let it out from the backbox grate: that's it.

Thanks - I see the output and yes it looks like it just takes a normal audio cord that plugs in. Anyway to install this OTHER than drilling a hole through the bottom of the table? I can feed it behind the display but for my headphones to connect to it, seems like I need to drill to get it out of the cab.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Its not a stereo cable. Keep that in mind. It's 4 pins.

So you can't just buy a normal stereo cable to hook into the pinsound card? Would you mind linking me the product I need to buy to plug into the pinsound card (which I then plug my headphones into the other end for sound)? Just want to make sure I buy the right cord

#638 8 years ago

OK - well I def want the mute on plug feature. Not sure I quite follow what plug to get then or are you saying the cord is only exclusively sold on at pinsound? I don't have a problem with that but the shipping and timing alone (due to it be international) could be a lot just for something like this. Feel like I should be able to get this at local elect store no?

....and is there a way to use this without drilling through the bottom of the cab?

1 month later
#695 8 years ago

Just an FYI - I put my GnR with pinsound installed on the marketplace. Didn't want to but need to make room.

1 year later
#817 7 years ago

got my board - where can I find the really good Indiana Jones mix?

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Try pinsider Endprodukt. He has a great mix also on youtube for preview. PM him, he put a lot of time in the mix so he would like to receive donation for his work.
The ones on the pinsound forum are also very good to start.

Thanks - I did....

2 weeks later
#872 7 years ago

So just installed my pinsound on IJ and it sounds great. One thing I noticed though is I'm getting a hissing sound from the speakers when no music is playing. Is that normal? Can't notice it during game/w music but i know it's there.

#875 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Adjust the potentiometers (volume controls) on the actual board itself. See if you can get it to go away, and then adjust your volume near the coin door appropriately.

yeah that was it. OK so it works great but now some of the items that were powered fine before are not working. On the board itself below PF, some of those light slots (ones you twist and remove out then plug in led than twist back into slot) are now not working and they control some mods which don't work too. Could pinsound have done this by drawing more power?

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I think your case is coincidental. Are the turn-based PCB lights that you're mentioning ALL out, or are the outages sporadic with no discernable grouping or pattern?

No not all out just a few here and there. I might have to swap the old one back in to determine if that's the case. How do I check the 5v and 12v to make sure it's not them? Im also going to put a color dmd soon. oh boy.

#879 7 years ago

I don't. Any rec?

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is likely something you can adjust if you mess with the volume pots on the pinsound board and the coin door volume. If they're both set about halfway you shouldn't have as much noise. If it's still there, try turning up the pot then lower the coin door volume a bit, then try vice versa.

Thanks fixed this doing exactly that. I didn't install the color DMD yet...

I also removed pinsound (no sound at all) and still same issue so I don't think it's the pinsound

#884 7 years ago

Thanks. What you outlined is what I did for 2 hours and it fixed some but not all. In fact sometimes I would take a working one then replace bad one with it and it wouldn't work. Then I would put the good one back into it's original spot where it worked before and it wouldn't work! Fast forward doing this though I'm down to the last 2. Can't get those going so I might need to check if power is getting into. How do I do that? Problem is that the one my propeller mod it's connecting to is not working which is causing in that not to work

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Does this IJ have all LEDs installed or are they regular incad bulbs?

Leds

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Take the bulb wire terminals and bend them out and away from the bulb body. I nearly guarantee you the bulb wire terminals are not making adequate contact with the socket terminals, and that's why some of them are out.
I can post a quick video showing you what I mean if it helps.

Sure post the video. I will try but I've tried multiple LEDs and sockets combos and no dice but will try to bend and let you know. Appreciate the suggestions.

Also my propeller mod it's solder directly to that light terminal in the board and it doesn't work either so wondering if it's really that specific terminal unless it needs a light to be working in it for the mod to work? The mod was just working yesterday but then no more.
Thinking about getting this to check if there is power getting to that terminal (within the main board):

https://www.amazon.com/Tacklife-Non-Contact-Flashlight-12V-1000V-Judgment/dp/B01N99D3MS/ref=sr_1_1

#891 7 years ago

So I found the issue - the main pin that goes into the board itself that the sockets fit into - if I press in on the main pin the plane mod works and my light works. Just a contact thing which is expected now. I'm so glad I found what the hell this was.

#908 7 years ago

Anyone experiencing audio delay as it relates to the action on the table when compared to stock sound?

#911 7 years ago

No it's not bad just notice just a slight but only compared to what stock was. In using the popular mix for Indy so it's not the mix.

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Are you using a different USB than the provided one? Different USB drives have different read times - may be taking too long to access the files

Same one but this thing inherently has lag so expected. If you think you don't you're prob not hearing it.

2 weeks later
#964 6 years ago

I'm confused - is the shaker update allowing you to add any shaker to a game (like IJ)? Can someone explain what this shaker updates enables and the hardware required?

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Yes, this allows a shaker to be added to any pin that PinSound supports. It allows shaker effects to be associated with any sound so you can choose exactly when and where to have the shaker integrated. I don't believe it matters what brand/type of shaker it is; all the PinSound is doing is providing a trigger so a relay can activate the shaker.

get the __ out of here - that's awesome! The other shaker for IJ was so hard to find b/c no longer made. Can someone who's done this already tell me what shaker to get and how to get it going?

I feel like this should be front page news.

#969 6 years ago

Ok I'll need to read more I guess. Are people just buying stern shakers - even for old machines?

2 weeks later
#990 6 years ago

I've owned three pins with color DMD and pinsound and no additional power and had NO problems. Don't think it's required it's not.

#997 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I'm now getting some weird silences and delays in my sound on my desw. It does have a topper and led strip and color DMD. I'm guessing that's too much draw (I bought it this way). The weird thing is there is already an auxiliary switching power supply installed. I plugged it into the pinsound and no difference.
Does the daughterboard trick work on data east too? Or is that only for wpc?
Should I try a different psu?

Pinsound has a very slight delay in sound so fyi in the event it's very minor that's normal

8 months later
#1219 6 years ago

Has the shaker been released yet?

1 month later
#1251 6 years ago

Is there a remix for no good gofers? Maybe different main song and gofer voice?

#1253 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the original card? Seems like only plus version for sale and it's 370. Looking for standard
Used is fine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.