pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#393 8 years ago

I'm very, very interested in the Pinsound project and have been following it for a while now.
Haven't pulled the trigger yet....

The questions I have are:

Since PinSound offers 2.1 sound, what is everyone purchasing a PinSound doing for speakers? I've got PinballPro in some games, and a FlipperFidelity in some of my games, though they're obviously designed for the standard mono output of the original b/w games I put them in. Therefore, is there a specific speaker kit designed to take advantage of Pinsound's stereo+sub (2.1) feature?

I also have the Pinnovators PinPac 1 system in my Wms IJ. What should I expect if I wanted to install a Pinsound to a machine that already has a Pinnovators Pinpac 1 installed?

Lastly, any chance a future version will be mass-produced enough to bring the price down. Trying not to 'price police here' and admittedly, I have no problem spending $400 for a color display, but by the time I purchase a Pinsound board, new speakers kit with sub and headphone jack, I'd be spending more on audio than I did on video.

#397 8 years ago

Excellent info. Thanks. As I mentioned, I am eager to try this, especially if the reorchestration for WH20 becomes available.

To summarize, adding Pinsound to my favorite b/w titles would require the following investment:

PinSound board $300
PinSound Headphone Kit $25
PinSound Stereo Wiring Harness $20 (if FF's kits do not include the harness)
Flipper Fidelity Stereo Speaker Kit for Pinsound $100 + ~$15 shipping
TOTAL: $460

That works out to 10% of the value of a WH20, which is a whole lot more justifiable than a JM or WCS.

I suspect one other thought to share is that you probably shouldn't add this to a game that you don't plan on keeping for a long time. Eyes wide open, it seems a bit more involved to remove a Pinsound setup, should the buyer of the game not want to pay the extra money for that upgrade.

Lastly, I would still need to figure out what I'd need to purchase from FF and PinBallPro to change-out the speaker upgrades I already have installed. I am hoping just the right speaker, however, it may be more involved. Looks like FF is heading in the right direction with the prepacked PinSound kits. Hopefully FF and PP also offer 'conversion kits' for those of us that already made an investment.

-Brian

#409 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I don't think it's a big deal to swap in/out the pinsound board. It takes about 5 minutes.

I was referring to a pinsound board + stereo speakers + subwoofer + stereo cabling, etc., so maybe 30 minutes...

3 weeks later
#441 8 years ago

FYI -

Figured I'd reach out to Mark at Pinnovators (http://www.pinnovators.com) to see if any or all of their products were compatible with the Pinsound board. Unfortunately I received the following reply from Mark:

"We are not compatible with Pinsound.
Maybe some day we will take it on as a project but no plans at the moment.
Thanks for asking"

1 month later
#475 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

.... But I do know I managed to snag them before somebody tried to poop on everybody's parade with threats of a lawsuit....

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

...Especially when a certain American is threatening to make it more difficult to obtain those existing mixes....

WTF people? What sort of litigious whore could you folks possibly be referring to? A person so evil you can't even say their name? Is this because if you mention their name some sort of doomsday consequences will befall you?

Is this like Beetleguise or Candyman or something? Oh shit, I said them both once.... Nobody say them twice more or else this evil litigious troll, whoever it is, will cast a lawsuit spell against us all.....

Happy Halloween, by the way!

#477 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Is it okay to say MacBeth here?

If someone says "the name," they'll have to logout of the Pinside forum, spin around three times, spit, curse, and then knock to be allowed back on.

ROFL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 132.00
$ 85.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=bstyles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.