pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#741 7 years ago

with regards to the great work of Pinsound and Julien42 I made my own mix for a GnR. For those who wanna hear how legacy sounds on Pinsound I played first a ball with the legacy sounds.

Great product. Does exactly what it promises.

One comment : I used at first the GAIN feature for some songs but than got irregular volumecontrol where legacy sounds were normal. I removed GAIN.txt and changed the volume of the WAV itself via Audicity and than all was great. Could be me doing something wrong but as the fix was so easy I didnt investigate further.

1 week later
#746 7 years ago

If you have Pinsound studio export the mix to the USBkey the USB key is immediately ready for use and just boot the pinball and direct ready to go

No processing time required by the board

1 month later
#792 7 years ago

If you don't get replacement higher quality call outs or music the use of Pinsound is limited. Yes, you will have upgraded amplifier quality and better control but still the rule applies : carbage in = carbage out.

When i load the legacy file in my GnR its only slightly better as the original soundboard but when putting in real stereo high sampled versions of the music....wow

And you can have a lot of fun. Rethemed GnR to Abba for instance or having Macarena played while pinballing .... Pure fun

Have finished an article which will appear in September in our Dutch magazine. It's a big thumb up for this product but you need to replace the audio for good version to really make the investment worthwhile. With a music pin like GnR this is no issue but with SS this is a much more difficult task

1 year later
#1271 5 years ago

Here some work in progress on Elvis

Unfortunately it was a bad game but gives an idea at least.

1 week later
#1272 5 years ago

Did record a full 2player game which should give you a better idea of the mix

2 months later
#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I had one of the earlier boards, I decided to just pull it out of the machine. The boot up time really bothered me, I don't know if the newer boards are the same. Running custom high quality is nice, but I doubt I will put this board back in any of my machines.

New boards have also a boot up time. Don’t think this has changed much but never timed it. However, just to skip this product because of a 12 sec boot time ??? You must be the most impatient person I know. You can already start playing if you wish.

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from DML1001:

I just put a pinsound board in my Getaway, and it's kind of annoying me... I'm thinking about taking it out.
I tried several of the custom orchestrations, but they all got on my nerves. I couldn't stand the ones with custom callouts, and the rest all had quirks that irritated me. For example, the ones with custom music all eliminated things like the multiball intro sound sequence.
So, I tried loading the 'default' sound configuration on. Only problem is, it's not quite right. There are a few sounds that don't match the originals, such as the sound that plays when the car pulls up to 'dount heaven' on the 2nd lock.
The biggest annoyance though is there is some weird lowering of the music when certain sounds play. It's hard to tell exactly what it is, but it is definitely different than before. Most sounds don't interrupt the music, but some (seemingly arbitrary) ones cause the music volume to drop to almost zero until the sound finishes playing. This is really bothering me, and I'm considering yanking the board over it.
I will say that the board itself seems well built though. I like the status LEDs, and it was easy to install and update. I just wish the original sound package was a better replication of the original sondtrack.

This makes me think some of the sounds are in the wrong folder. Check Pinsound website for explanation but dependable on in which folder a sound file is the background music will stop playing or not. Guessing that who made the original soundset didn’t do a perfect job on categorizing the recorded sounds.

If you decide to correct it, do the community a favour and upload your corrected soundset.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Installed the Pinsound board in a TZ. Found there was a delay in the sound when the action was happening. It mainly was at the end of ball bonus. Changed it to a TAF and is better. I'm just not a fan of the startup sequence. "ping, ping, ping. . . . ding dong ding wooooo." Too long a startup time. Also I don't see the huge difference in sound on the machine. The speakers are upgraded to Pinball Pro Premium. Have another Pinsound board in IJ. It looks cool when you open up the back box, but otherwise no big $300.00 difference. I'm starting to think that in D.E. games the board would make a difference. However with the Pinsound board, upgraded speakers, and Color DMD can see where machine would have power issues.
The website is user friendly and may contribute to other added/altered/new sounds, but I'm a traditional sound guy anyway.

If you can get your hands on the alternative sound mix available for the IJ from Endprodukt you will alter your opinion for sure. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-indiana-jones-reorchestration-released

Problem it was removed from the forum due to license issues. So you need to know somebody and no, sorry, I don’t have it.

#1334 5 years ago

I have a Pinsound+ Running in an Elvis of a friend which is Whitestar to. Replaced all songs with cd quality and added some. No issues on sound volume that i am aware of.

Only issue is that many times I had to boot twice as after first boot the bass was not there. Just updated to latest firmware and don’t know yet if that issue is solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 14.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=Rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.