pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1158 6 years ago

I'm having a bugger of a time getting my Pinsound working on my IJ. I've updated the firm ware on my board and I've got the re-orchestration files but every time I try and install the files I keep getting "There are no files on the USB drive". I've tried the USB flash drive that Pinsound sent me and another USB flash drive and no luck.

I have the WAV files organized into file folders as per the Pinsound website instructions:
Audio
-voice
-single
-sfx
-music
-jingle

I worked on this for 6 hours yesterday and it wouldn't happen. What am I doing wrong?

QSS

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok so it sounds like you are SURE that you have .wav files on the drive. From where did you Get them? Can you play them on a laptop if you stick the usb in?
Do you have multiple mixes on your usb? Even if you do not, put the voice/six/music/jingle/single folders into a parent folder called “IJ mix” and put THAT under audio.
If that fails, the Pinsound studio app is your next step - it will ask you to identify the .zip file where you have all your sounds and then a destination drive (your usb drive). Make sure you have all your sounds backed up on a laptop

I've totally blanked my USB with no other files on it and I have a parent folder called IJ Re-Orchestration under Audion with the Voice/sfx/music/jingle/single files under that.
I tried playing about 50 different files and they all play perfectly.

I'll try the Pindsound app this weekend as per your advice and see if I can make it all happen.

I don't remember where I got them but 2 different zip files are on my computer. Both zip files are identical.

Thanks for the help.

QSS

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Really? On mine, I had to leave the ZIP file in the root of the SD card. Pinsound "engine" will unzip them for you (and it takes a while) and do its thing (reorganize them) when you boot up the machine. If it appears idled, leave it alone for a couple of hours, then reboot the machine.
My Champion Pub worked like that. I have a post about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-wpc95-audio-visual-board

Interesting, I haven't tried that. I'll load the zip file onto my SD card card and load it onto the Pinside Board.

I'll try this this weekend and get back to you.

Thanks for your help.

QSS

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t remember for certain, but you may need to ZIP that “IJ Re-orchestration” folder. I seem to remember the PinSound studio wants to start with a zip file.

Copy that. Will try that this weekend. Thanks for the help.

QSS

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t remember for certain, but you may need to ZIP that “IJ Re-orchestration” folder. I seem to remember the PinSound studio wants to start with a zip file.

That was it! Whew.
I was getting a little frustrated with this but I took the zip file and I dropped it onto my USB stick. Pinsound unpacked and organized the files just as Rdoyle1978 said it would do. All the IJ Re-orchestration files are there and the mix is good. I'm using some old Pinball Pro speakers and I made a few sound adjustments and..........
HOOOOO-LEEEEEEE-SHIT!!!!!!
Best......Mod........Ever!!!!! I can not believe the sound, the sound clips, the booming of the sub, the, the, the, the, EVERYTHING!!!!!!
IJ has always been my favorite game but DAMN !!! PindSound and Endprodukt's remix is absolutely MENTAL! Donation to Endprodukt....... incoming!
Thanks to Davi, Mike_M and beezleboob for their help. Only thing now is that I'm looking at more Pinsound boards for Lord of the Rings and some of my other games. I love this hobby!
QSS
20180120_162748 (resized).jpg20180120_162748 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: Thanks to Bendit too. You guys are a big help.

QSS

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Well, if all you are happy with the Endprodukt-Remix - thing about and donate to honour his undoubted work!
He really did a very well Job.

As I said in my post, "Donation to Endproduckt........incoming".

Kinda of a dumb question here, how do I make a donation to a fellow Pinsider/Endprodukt?

QSS

1 year later
#1438 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Their customer support sucks as they won’t answer emails. Then if they do you by chance which is slim, they act like you’re an idiot.

Of course they act like you're an idiot! They're French, they think everyone is an idiot

QSS

#1439 5 years ago

Oh yeah, I bought one of the Pinsound boards for IJ and it took me days to get it installed correctly. I cursed, I screamed but eventually, with the help of forum members, I got it installed and working perfectly with Endprodukts IJ mix. It's amazing!!! Pinsound is an amazing product but it can be a little challenging to implement. Part of the fun, right!

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=QuickSilverShelby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.