pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinSound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for all the good feedbacks.
Just wanted to add that the very same board is compatible with System11, WPC-89, WPC-DCS, WPC-95 and DataEast.

Check out few previews:

Don’t hesitate to stop at the PinSound booth at the Texas Pinball Festival 2015, at least 3 pinball machines equipped with PinSound will be on demo there!

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

We should receive the second batch in about 10/15 days.
Once the boards are tested, we can ship them

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

1. How do you create waves that only part loop? (Example - original ROM musics with 'intros'. Like WCS's drumbeat leading into main music.) You can't loop PART of a wave file/MP3.

Sure, can you point a short video of this feature on your original machine?

Quoted from Coyote:

2. Stripping them from M3 / 'Bridge' seems very poor, since it won't move past a music that loops unless you manually tell it to - this would require then having an audio software package on your system to edit the sound file down to a perfect loop.

I invite you to have a look on the user created original and remix packages on the community forum, you will see that somes users already made this work.

Quoted from Coyote:

3. The 'lists' file that they give you to download is missing a LOT of games. (Apparently, of all the games I've looked at, only WCS was in there. No JY or RS..)

Only 7 machines are uncomplete (naming not complete) but it will be available shortly.

Quoted from Coyote:

4. Folder names - there's some horribly misspelled folders in the 'folder zip' files available for games. Most recently I was looking at JY, and saw 'player_on_is_a_soft_nudge'. Seriously, what's a soft nudge? It's "Player one is top notch". For all four players this is there like that. (And that's just one example of many).

The naming of the sounds was made 2 years ago by the community (not everyone is native english) , we would be very pleased if you shared with us your correction (to do so, simply send us the fixed zip containing the sound structure).

Quoted from Coyote:

Edit to add: No mention on any of the speaker upgrades whether the amp is expecting 4ohm or 8ohm speakers.
So not being able to easily change between games for STOCK sounds - based on what has to be done above - has put me off on getting one for now.

The board works with 4 and 8 ohm speakers, we add this to the documentation.
Furthermore, we recently added an accessory to get full stereo 2.1 on a WPC machine, either with stock speaker of upgraded one.

I confirm you that you can very easily switch from stock to remixed sounds during the game.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Just wondering are the boards for DE or WPC games physically the same? For example if I buy one for TZ can I later put it in my DE SW?

Yes, there is only one board: you simply use different connectors/holes for different machines.
It's the point, you can give a try with your TZ, IJ, T2 then switch to your SW, and later on to your Diner.
Have a look here: http://www.pinsound.org/mechanical-installation/

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Before I send in any corrections, is there any reason to names folders with two keys? (i.e. in junkyard, there's "000245-sameas-000243-laser_shutdown", as well as some others. Not sure if this is in error, or if this is something special the PinSound board does with it.)

Only the first number is important before the first dash (-).
In this very peculiar case, it's to inform the user that the sound at 245 is the same as 243, but theses 2 sounds need to be present on their respective folders.

1 week later
#62 9 years ago

Yes, it's free shipping when including a board.
Just added a shipping method: registered mail for very small accessories (insured, signed and tracked)

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

So are these the "old" boards or will they support shaker motors?

All PinSound board revisions will support shaker.
We are currently testing and shipping the latest rev.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sounds good!
Would you mind doing an experiment for me?
To explain - I'm curious how the 'multi channels' works as opposed to the original sound board. This 'test' will show whether more 'voices' can be played, or if they're still chopped off. (And oddly, this is my biggest question now that everything else was answered..!)
Set up:
1. Set PinSound board to original sounds.
2. Set game to start a new game on a long-start press.
3. Play a game and get onto 2nd or 3rd ball.
Record:
1. With ball in shooter lane, press and hold start button WHILE shooting the ball into the slot scoop. (At the same time).
On the original board, Rod will start the "You open this door with the key of imagination.". However, as soon as the ball hits the slot switch, Rod will get cut off when the sound for the slot starts. In theory, one of the board's selling points (quote: ''multi-tracks (the PinSound board can play many songs at the same time, unlike legacy sound board, which is more limited)'') means that in a case like this, Rod would continue speaking as the slot machine spins. So, I'm curious to see if/how this is affected.

Coyote: just tested following your steps, and YES, Rod is not cut and the voice keeps playing.
We intend to let the user configure the max simultaneous channel, to be as close as the original board if wanted.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

About simultaneous sounds: totally depends on the situation and where sounds are located. Jingles will mute the music and repeat until the next music call. Singles will stop music or jingles and repeat once. Sfx can be stopped by other sfx (up to three sfx at the same time if I remember correctly... Nicolas?)

Right: the PinSound board has not the hardware limitation originals boards have. The best simultaneous channel settings we found out to be is: 2 voices, 3 SFX, 1 music. (this settings can be changed if needed)

1 week later
#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Finally got around to installing mine in my GNR and... now for the troubleshooting. Every time the flippers fire, the sound cuts out.

As other rightly pointed out: you must have a very low 12V.
Check the 12V with a DMM.
Check for any burnt/oxidized connectors.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Thanks. Power board is a new X-Pin. At the test points on the board (everything still connected and machine running in attract mode), I get:
10.5 for +12V

10.5V is the minimum supply voltage for the +12V on the PinSound board.
Can you check how low is the 12V when you hold the flip?

I don’t think there is something wrong with your XPin power supply board. I think it's more a main voltage issue: can you check your main?

#132 9 years ago

About the wiring, we just updated the manual section about the wiring of the stereo 2.1 kit:
http://www.pinsound.org/mono-to-stereo-2-1-re-wiring-wpc-only/

Note if you have a filter on your cabinet speaker, you should remove it (or by pass it)

#159 9 years ago

Do you know how an electronic board is manufactured? (a modern one, with miniature Surface Mount Devices)
Here is an amazing video of our French factory, manufacturing the PinSound board:

- The PCB is solder pasted
- Optical inspection of the solder paste
- SMD components are placed on the board
- The reflow oven fuse the solder paste
- Optical inspection to check the solder joints
- Pass Thru Holes component are manually inserted
- Then wave soldered
- Finally the power consumption test

3 weeks later
#260 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does anybody have an exact explanation of what the buttons under the USB port preciselydo to the functionality, and under which circumstances you would use them?
Is it in an online manual?
I emailed them and did not get a reply...
Thanks!
Bob C

These buttons are not directly useful, you shouldn't use them
Don't push the red button...

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I get a "sound board error credit dot" on my Roadhouse. Anyone else get this?
Loving the boards.

Roadhouse -> Roadshow or Funhouse ?

5 months later
#442 8 years ago

Hi there, pleased to announce we are finally back in stock: http://www.pinsound.org/blog/

Ready to ship new orders right away!

3 weeks later
#461 8 years ago

Wow, a lot of feedback!

I don’t understand the issue here, as explain on the PSS webpage: http://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-studio/
"The PinSound Studio software is a tool to replay pinball sound tracks. Not individual sound tracks, but complete game recorded from game using either a real machine and PinSound Board or Visual Pinball DLL"

About the PSREC file: http://www.pinsound.org/recording/
"The PinSound board and the PinSound DLL are able to “record” sound events sent from the CPU (from a real machine or emulated game). The result of this record is a file with the extension *.psrec (as PinSound RECords)"

The goal here is to "replay" a audio package, while keeping the game context, not just individual sound (this you can do with a file browser), but background music, sfx, and voices.

We are aware that the PSS interface could use some polish, but it's being used by many sound designers to create custom sound packages. It's much faster than changing one file on the flash drive, switching on the game, wait to start, play until you reach the desired mission, then trying to appreciate the audio while playing. With PSS, you can directly go to the instruction where the mission starts.

To put it simple: the PSS is a "graphical interface" to simulate the CPU, connected to a PinSound board. It's strictly the same audio engine in the PSS that in the PinSound board.

We recently updated the PSS binary to fix minor problems (soon online).

Of course, we are open to any idea/feedback to improve this software.

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My biggest feedback is this: find a way to make the creation of a COMPLETE .psrec file faster and easier. Without a complete .psrec file, it nullifies all those other points, so that should be the first thing to address.

One can create a PSREC using the board (by enabling the psrec in the configuration file) or on a computer using the DLL.
But in any case, the PSREC will not call EVERY sounds present in the game (even if you play hours, get every mission, etc...)
Sometime, it takes quite few games to record "few good" PSREC, to get many mission, and sound combination, in order to be able to replay and create your own sound package.

#474 8 years ago

We are working on a tutorial video on the PinSound Studio, meantime, have a look of a quick graphical overview of the PinSound framework here:
http://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-framework-overview/
Hope it can help!

1 month later
#569 8 years ago

Today we released a new firmware, you can check it out here: http://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-board-firmware/
Sorry for the missing sounds (for Data East users), it was quite a nasty bug

4 weeks later
#627 8 years ago

Thanks Nate for your review and feedback, we are currently working on a new FAQ and manual.

@Tekman: we've entirely rewritten the code to support external devices (like shaker, smoke machine, whatever you want), we will release it in the next firmware.

Meantime, the next release of the PinSound Studio will be available with Visual Pinball support: you will be able to play your favourite VPinball tables with any PinSound compatible sound package.

#637 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you can't just buy a normal stereo cable to hook into the pinsound card?

You can, but you will lose the "mute on plug" feature with a standard stereo cable (it will be muted all the time, even if no headphones are plugged in this cable).

3 weeks later
#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

silly question, but just to be sure: is the headphones lineout the only lineout available?

Yes

2 weeks later
#672 8 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Turned out the current firmware doesn't fully support BR as of now and I'm in line to betatest the next one.
Due to months of delay, I'm far from where I wanted to be with my mix.
Still, I enjoy playing the game with the incomplete sounds and upgraded speakers for now.

I don't forget you!

#681 8 years ago

Whitestar status: the software is almost finished, the PinSound audio engine is now able to handle the Whitestar sounds.
We've received out latest SEGA/STERN board adapter, there is a small issue to fix then we should be ready to launch the production.
It always takes longer than expected... but it should be ready soon!

#683 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey Pinsound!
can pinsound studio 0.7 load Whitestar roms? I'm trying to 'prepare' LOTR but it says the audio sytem is not supported.
Cheers, Kris

I'm currently working on it
The next release will definitely support the Whitestar ROMs.

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I have a pinsound baord in my Twilight Zone using the DCS mix. Love it. when the pinsound board starts up the welcome tune plays VERY loud but the in game music and sounds are good. Is there anyway to turn off or turn down the welcome sound?

In the next firmware, the startup / welcome sound will be played according to the pinball machine volume

#688 8 years ago

There is still hope for SAM system...
We're discussing how we can communicate between PinballBrowser and PinSound... Stay tuned

#691 8 years ago

Luppin, very nice and interesting sound tracks! Well done, that sounds quite good! That's a whole new TZ

2 weeks later
#700 8 years ago

It was an amazing weekend! Thanks to all your great feedback, I was very happy to meet you all. I'm currently waiting at the DFW airport, good bye TX, see you next year!

1 month later
#732 7 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Has the new firmware been released with this fix yet?

Not yet...

1 month later
#754 7 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Can the Pinsound board and pinsound studio allow me to add attract sounds?

This feature is on my roadmap, I hope to release it in the next firmware version

Quoted from JediPimp:

Also, the stereo cables on pinsound seem to be out of stock, does anyone know when they will be back in stock or if they is another place I can get them?

Should be back in stock by the end of next week!

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Any eta on the next firmware drop? Interested in boot sound volume fix and shaker support.

I have currently a lot of work to do but as soon as I can, I will finish the code for the new firmware.
I hope soon!

5 months later
#815 7 years ago

PinSound is a marvelous invention lt.gifPinSound is a marvelous invention lt.gif

Todd has reviewed a really nice Data East Star Wars pinball machine, with a lot of mods... and of course a PinSound board!

Really great video, if you want to discover how a PinSound board can be easily integrated in your pinball machine. Thanks TNT Amusements!

4 months later
#827 7 years ago
Quoted from Pondwater:

Any update on the support for additional systems? Haven't heard anything about it in over a year.

You're welcome to the Texas Pinball Festival next week, we will have a lot of news

1 month later
#942 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Anyone hear from Pinsound after TPF. I purchased a Pinsound board at TPF because they were out of stock and I wanted the show special. I have emailed them twice with NO response as to where the order is and a time frame to receive it.
Magicchiz

I think I received and replied to all your emails, but it seems that maybe it went into your spam folder?
If you have any question, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Quoted from Blackjacker:

For that matter, is there anyone who heard from PinSound *AT* TPF who can fill us in on what the promised "lot of news" was?

I have so many news to post... will do it ASAP. Only 24h, only 24h...
Soon!

#977 6 years ago

Hey guys, here are some news regarding the shaker support

The latest firmware does support the shaker (triggered by a relay), but it's not the latest code we will release for this feature as we're definitely looking forward to implementing a PWM driver.

One of our customer has connected its own relay board without good electrical knowledges and he has destroyed its PinSound board.

Thus, we have decided to develop and sell fully plug'n play PinSound shaker kit, with everything needed to connect it on your pinball machine. Meantime, as you can understand, we'll not support connecting any external device on this extension port.

That means that you will be able to add a shaker to any PinSound compatible pinball machine, even if a shaker is not originally supported by the original ROM. The PWM driver will allow you to fine tune any shaker event and also to adapt the global power applied to your shaker (low, medium, high for example).

We'll keep you informed as soon when the first shaker kits are ready.

Thanks for your continuous support!

3 months later
#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Did they ever release an update? The super loud boot-up jingle is annoying.

If you've updated your PinSound board to the latest firmware (v0090), it should be fixed.
And if you prefer, you can customize your startup sound: copy your own boot.wav sound file in the "audio" folder on the flash drive.

1 year later
#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

For whitestar systems it seems that switching mixes is only supported on pinsound+ board, I hope they'll develop that for the original pinsound 1 board as well. I'd love to have a few mixes and an easy way to switch between them on the original board

This feature is available on PinSound 1 since last summer.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Their customer support sucks as they won’t answer emails. Then if they do you by chance which is slim, they act like you’re an idiot.

That's really not fair, we spend at least 3 hours every day to reply to any question we receive and to support everybody.

And we definitely don't consider customer as idiot (I'm deeply sorry you felt it this way), on the contrary, we always try to improve our product to make things easier to use.

Nicolas

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

All right, so I got to play a couple games of BSD with pinsider hazzard's remix, which was absolutely outstanding. What I have to say really isn't a review; it's more of my experience.

Thanks for the detailed review, I'm glad it worked as expected.
For information, the unzipping part is not mandatory, since the PinSound+ is more powerful, it doesn't take as long as it did with the PinSound 1.
We'll shortly release new video guides on how to install the PinSound board on the different machines, I hope it'll help others users.
Thanks to all of you (and especially Mr_Tantrum) for the help!

1 week later
#1446 5 years ago

First video on how to install a PinSound+ board in a Data East pinball machine.
More videos to come for others systems.
Hope you'll find them useful!

https://www.pinsound.org/help/installation-videos/

3 weeks later
#1457 5 years ago

On the PinSound+, the equalizer is now fully digital, that's why.

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Understood. What does it mean in terms of setup? How I can set the desired EQ for cab and backbox separately?

What I usually do when I install a PinSound+: I launch a test music to hear how it sounds, then I equalize with the 3 upper bands (bass / medium / treble) to get the best possible sound from the 2 backbox speakers. Then, I adjust the sub-bass potentiometer to get the maximum without any saturation from the backbox speakers. And after that, I adjust the sub-booster, to the desired volume for the cabinet subwoofer. Some people love when you have a lot of bass, it depends on the sound package too.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Will a PinSound ever be developed for S.A.M? Or is it just too difficult with what or what they don’t have to work with?

Working on it, not ready though...

1 week later
#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

:/
I’m a huge PinSound supporter, have been for Years (8 boards and counting, plus countless supportive posts here), And even I have to admit it’s been what 2 1/2 years? Come on !

Yes, it's crazy how time flies... Be certain it's the last time we ever announce something in advance, there are way too many surprises when you want to create an easy to use / plug'n play product. Anyway, it's still coming

And thanks everyone for the kind words about PinSound, it's great to see that all the efforts we put into designing this product are worth it

1 week later
#1495 5 years ago

One of our PinSound user was kind enough to send us a pic of his Attack From Mars setup.
No audio/video board, and everything works fine

IMG_20190314_225135-2 (resized).jpgIMG_20190314_225135-2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Whats the status on the Back to The Future sound package?

We are looking for beta testers
send me an email: [email protected], I'll add you to the list

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Thanks,
Email sent

I've not received your email, IDK why.
Send me a PM with your email

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I need instructions on how to hook this up to a WPC95 game. I believe I have all the extra cables already. The instruction card from Pinsound really does not should how to exactly wire this board up. I can do it both ways, either with the AV board or with a wpc89 dmd controller.

Wish granted, here is the complete video tutorial for a WPC95 setup:

The installation manual for WPC95 is available here:
https://www.pinsound.org/help/wpc95-help/

And for information, all the video tutorials are available here:
https://www.pinsound.org/help/installation-videos/

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Great instructional video. It looks like you've done that a few times before

thanks!
I should try blindfolded :p

1 month later
#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Came across an issue and wanted to see how common it is. After the game is finished, an ‘Attract’ song is played and it is faded out accordingly. When I start the next game, the music is extremely low but all the other effects sfx, vocals, etc) play at normal volume. When the game ends, and I start another game right away, all the sounds play normally. It only seems to happen when the Attract song plays to the end. I asked another member about this and they had the same issue before.
Is this a known problem and is there a way to resolve it? I will do a video to show the problem. Thanks.

It's been fixed, update your board with the latest firmware here:
https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/

3 months later
#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can someone tell me what is the typical text in the config.ini file? I am trying to play with the background sound to make the voice tracks more prominent. When I open the config.ini file in a text program, I get a bunch of Chinese looking characters but no other expect text. Thanks for the help!

Download the PinSound Studio Pro, open your sound package and you can define all the settings easily. No manual config.ini file required (and all the settings in this file are deprecated for information).
What you're looking is available on the right "global levels".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinSound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=PinSound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.