pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JediPimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 9 years ago

For all you Australians out there. I was going to buy the Pinsound board for my Dredd tonight. It was posted as 249 euros which is about $348 AUD via online converter. When I went to checkout, it CONVERTED it to $339 US dollars and THEN CONVERTED IT AGAIN TO AUSTRALIAN dollars which came to $432! This is a difference of almost $100!

Any one else find this??? What the what?

I've sent an email to Pinsound, awaiting a reply.

#209 9 years ago

no its advertised at 249,96 euros at the moment.

That is until you check out and then its $339.95 US which is not the same at all!

#211 9 years ago

see pic

Screenshot at Mar 26 21-22-32.pngScreenshot at Mar 26 21-22-32.png
#213 9 years ago

i dunno??? Where are you accessing it from? Im in Sydney, Australia.

#218 9 years ago

Thats really bad marketing, Im sorry. A difference of a $100 "outside of Europe" yet they quote "free shipping worldwide".

I am really wanting this pin sound board but not liking these business tactics.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Because it's not the same country and different currency 1€=1.1$
shipping cost to worldwide is expensive also

I understand that, but then they shouldn't advertise "Free Shipping Worldwide".

1 year later
#723 7 years ago

Hi everyone,
I'm considering getting a Pinsound board in the near future and saw that there is a new pin sound file for Judge Dredd on the pin sound forums called "Outrun.zip".
Has anyone tried this file out, its been active since January of this year. Is it based on audio from the video game? or something else?
For those that have tried it, what do you think of it?

#730 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yep, I put that Judge Dredd outrun mix together. Haven't been that active as of late, and I do need to do a bit more work on that one (it's like 95% complete, just a few little quirks I need to iron out), and maybe I'm a bit partial to it because I made it, but it's awesome, and a huge improvement over the original music. I asked people who tried it out to let me know any issues they had, but despite lots of downloads, nobody has given me any feedback on it, so I have no clue what others are having issues with. If you do try it out, please shoot me a message with any notes you have!

It does sound nice! Good work aeon black! Also, hope you and your family aren't affected by the fires!

Ive made a post here that relates to it as well...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-outrun-pin-sound-file-for-judge-dredd

1 month later
#752 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I just got a pin sound board and I couldn't be happier! I was wondering if anyone knew if you could add attract sounds to a table that didn't have one programmed. I own a Judge Dredd and even though it has an "Attract Mode" feature in the coin door features menu, no sounds were ever programmed for it.

Can the Pinsound board and pinsound studio allow me to add attract sounds?

#753 7 years ago

Also, the stereo cables on pinsound seem to be out of stock, does anyone know when they will be back in stock or if they is another place I can get them?

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

This feature is on my roadmap, I hope to release it in the next firmware version

Should be back in stock by the end of next week!

That is amazing news Pinsound! I can't wait!

1 week later
#758 7 years ago

Hi pinsiders, I am needing your help!

I just purchased a pinsound board and am making my own mix for Judge Dredd. I am using the LEGACY Judge Dredd files from the Pinsound Forum but I just realised that some sound files (mainly some voices) are not in his file.

I am needing the following sound voice files (sorry I don't know the number of the files):
"Get the extra ball!"
"Suspect got away"

If anyone can help me out in this area that would be great. I attempted to get the sound ROM file from IPDB.org but I don't know ho to extract the files with my macbook.

Any tips or help would be mucho appreciated!

- JediPimp

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I can send you my .psrec file from JD, I'm pretty sure I managed to capture every sound.
Edit: It was up on my dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/97gphwuc20ql9hq/replay.psrec?dl=0

Thanks aeon black, do I open this with the Pinsound Studio software?

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I can send you my .psrec file from JD, I'm pretty sure I managed to capture every sound.
Edit: It was up on my dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/97gphwuc20ql9hq/replay.psrec?dl=0

I already have the pinsound in my JD and I have a macbook so I cannot run Visual Pinball or PinMAME to record sounds from there. The legacy files seem to be missing some sounds. Will this Prsec file allow me to get these sounds? From Where?

Sorry I am a noob at this :/

#762 7 years ago

I can't even seem to open the .bin files from the audio ROM ZIPS on IPDB :/ and I'm not even that computer illiterate.

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Well, all I changed in my mix is the music, so if you wanted to you could just download my Outrun mix and swap your music in to replace mine, should be pretty easy if that's all you want to do. No sense doing more work than you have to, when someone has already done it! Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rgy5r5vilbu1gu/Judge_Dredd_Outrun_V2.zip?dl=0
As for the .psrec file, you load that up in pinsound studio and it will play through the way it would if you were playing a ball in game.

Hi Aeonblack, I did use your Outrun file as a base and unfortunately I still see certain sounds missing, I believe these voices are missing from the Legacy files themselves. I think the extraction process from the ROMs has missed some sounds. These sounds include the "get the extra ball" callout and the "suspect got away" after not successfully completing pursuit mode. These are present in my Dredd Table (L1AT game ROM and L3 Sound ROMS). There may be more.

#765 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Well, all I changed in my mix is the music, so if you wanted to you could just download my Outrun mix and swap your music in to replace mine, should be pretty easy if that's all you want to do. No sense doing more work than you have to, when someone has already done it! Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rgy5r5vilbu1gu/Judge_Dredd_Outrun_V2.zip?dl=0
As for the .psrec file, you load that up in pinsound studio and it will play through the way it would if you were playing a ball in game.

Found them! PM sent!

1 year later
#1129 6 years ago

I've recently put together what I think is quite a nice Pinsound mix for Judge Dredd for my pinsound board. I've tried to post it on that pinsound community forum but my file size is too big (larger than 200MB I believe). I could put it up on google drive if anyone was interested? The voices are the same unfortunately (I don't have the talent or capacity to re-create them in HD audio) but the music and jingles are all different as is some of the FX. I have also put in multiple tracks in all of the music folders so Pinsound randomly selects a track every time (one of the cooler and less utilised features of pinsound in my opinion). The tracks range from classic punk to industrial rock to heavy rock to electronica and even some psy-trance. I went for a apocalyptic postmodern vibe. Of course the tracks are copyrighted so you would have to own the tracks yourself etc etc.

4 months later
#1175 6 years ago

Oooh when is that extension board coming out to allow a plug-n-play shaker motor???

2 months later
#1259 6 years ago

Hey how do people typically set up custom mixes (I.e. Full re-orchestrations of music, sfx And voices) for Pinsound mixes? I've been trying to get someone to make a Judge Dredd custom mix. I've done one on my own (music only) but I don't have the capability to record new voices or sfx.

#1264 6 years ago

Hey everyone,

I just installed Pinsound Speakers and not sure if this happened to anyone else but the speakers sound quite quiet and muddy. It was actually much crisper and louder with my DCS speakers! I'm using Pinsound Speakers (Williams Kit) and Pinsound 1 Board with Stereo 2.1 cables on my WPC-DCS Judge Dredd. Any advice? The subwoofer itself is realllllly quiet. Sound like they are far away and travelling through packing material

I've even dialed in the recommended DCS EQ settings on the potentiometers on the Board. Ive tried three sound mixes and they all sound muddy and so very quiet.

I've contacted Pinsound and am awaiting a response.

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

I am pretty sure you have connected it wrong. Use the CN4 Data East stereo output. And make sure it's connected the right side up.

Hi Hazzard, yes I have connected it right to the 2.1 stereo output (My Pinsound 1 board calls it the stereo 2.1 speakers output and the CN4 Data East stereo output) and due to the pin configuration there is only one way of installing it correctly.

I'll try unplugging it and plugging it in again.

Cheers,

3 weeks later
#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Turns out it was my ribbon cable. I switched it over from another Williams machine and all worked well. This may be the problem JediPimp is having as well. Thanks for the help. Sounds so good now with the new mix and speaker upgrade.

I asked Pinsound for a replacement Subwoofer (which they gave me) and everything is sounding perfect now! The Pinsound guys are top notch when it comes to customer service. My cabinet vibrates a bit from the subwoofer now!!!!!

2 months later
#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from DML1001:

I just put a pinsound board in my Getaway, and it's kind of annoying me... I'm thinking about taking it out.
I tried several of the custom orchestrations, but they all got on my nerves. I couldn't stand the ones with custom callouts, and the rest all had quirks that irritated me. For example, the ones with custom music all eliminated things like the multiball intro sound sequence.
So, I tried loading the 'default' sound configuration on. Only problem is, it's not quite right. There are a few sounds that don't match the originals, such as the sound that plays when the car pulls up to 'dount heaven' on the 2nd lock.
The biggest annoyance though is there is some weird lowering of the music when certain sounds play. It's hard to tell exactly what it is, but it is definitely different than before. Most sounds don't interrupt the music, but some (seemingly arbitrary) ones cause the music volume to drop to almost zero until the sound finishes playing. This is really bothering me, and I'm considering yanking the board over it.
I will say that the board itself seems well built though. I like the status LEDs, and it was easy to install and update. I just wish the original sound package was a better replication of the original sondtrack.

Hi there, recovering Pinsound addict here lol I went through all of this 2 years ago.

I have a JD with a Pinsound board and Pinsound Speakers with 2.1 harness. I did download the original legacy files and play it only to notice that a few sounds were in fact missing. In order to fix this, you need to find a .psrec file of your game, in this case the Getaway. You can either find a copy online or create your own in your Pinsound USB while playing a game (to do this go to the config.ini and change psrec = true to Enable PSREC recording). Then load the .psrec file in Pinsound Studio and it will tell you exactly which sounds are missing such as "[Info] missing : 156 0x9c". In this example it is telling you that sound 156 is missing.

Then download the program called M1. Its an app used to play audio from Arcade and Pinball ROMS. You need to download the Getaway ROM, the whole game ROM not the sound ROMs, from IPDB. Play the ROM with M1 and you can then play all the sounds in order. Find the missing sound 156 and record it using a program Audacity. Then you can put the sound in the appropriate folder in the Pinsound files. voila thats it.

The other problem i found with the Legacy files is that sometimes they would put a sound in the wrong folder. I.e. if they put a SFX sound in a Jingle folder it can really change the way the sounds originally played. You can also use this to your advantage if you want to change the way certain audio and sounds interact with each other.

Make sure to read this for further information (its no longer on the Pinsound page so I had to find an archived version): https://web.archive.org/web/20160621012306/http://www.pinsound.org:80/sound-files-usage/
This information is CRUCIAL to understanding how the audio files and Pinsound works.
Note: you cannot add numbers to the folders. Meaning you cannot add sounds, only take away or replace sounds to games. Its because of the coding.

Good luck!

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, so I got M1 installed & the M1 Bridge add-on along with associated files. Downloaded Getaway L5 (only version compatible) and went through every single sound (callouts excluded, as M1 doesn't seem to pull them out - or at least I don't know how). Anyway, not a single sound is missing from my source orchestration that I utilized as the basis for all of my customizations.
I'd be interested in understanding from those who have missing sounds if they are using L5 or some other ROM version. Personally, I run L2 in my Getaway but it seems like the L5 mapping still works. I know it is difficult to convey which sounds are missing, but if I could get some more clarity, maybe we can determine if they truly are missing or if they are there but not referencing correctly or something.
Also, one of my psrec files did show 5 missing sounds (all in a row). I verified and do not have them. However, when I played the sounds in M1 Bridge, those sound values are actually empty (i.e. no audio for those designated numbers).

Mr_Tantrum, it sounds like you are on the right track. Make sure the .psrec file and the ROM you downloaded are using the same ROM Version (i.e. you are recording using L-5 in your machine and you downloaded the L-5 ROM to play on M1). As for blank files, it could be that they are placeholders or sounds that were in previous/future versions and are now missing. I know the Getaway ROMS in particular have sounds with cussing and swearing that were taken out for the final versions. They should be buried in there somewhere. The other thing that could be happening is that certain sounds are placed in the wrong folder (i.e. an SFX file is placed in the Jingle folder and so on). Make sure you know what each of those folders do and you might be able to diagnose the problem.

#1347 5 years ago

Anyone here game to do a re-orchestration/remix mix for JD?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,000 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

£ 110.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 18.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JediPimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=JediPimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.