pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#697 8 years ago

Question for anyone in the know. I just installed my pinsound board into my creetch which already has FF speakers. I also have the 2.1 kit. Do I just get rid of the harness for the FF speakers and use the 2.1 kit?? Many thanks in advance.

#698 8 years ago

Just to follow up in case anyone else runs into this. Yes. Just get rid of the FF harness and use the 2.1 kit from Pinsound.

1 year later
#886 7 years ago

Having major issues installing Pinsound into my Shadow.

I have two boards that I haven't used in a couple of months. Trying to install in my Shadow now. Pin was working 100% prior to swapping out the old board.

I've tried swapping out both pinsound boards that I have, and the same problems persist. They are:

1. After the machine boots up, nothing else happens. No lights, no nothing.

2. If I turn the machine on without a USB inserted into the board, I get the little chime at the beginning, and a statement saying "the usb is missing". Then the machine continues to beep as though it is booting up.

3. If I plug in the USB, turn on the machine, I get the chime, but still no lights, no nothing, and no indication that the sound file is installing.

4. I also notice that the colorDMD gets a little garbled as well.

I've tried triple checking all my connections, including molexes and ribbon cables, all is seated properly. I haven't started pulling fuses yet, but they all "appear" to be fine!

Any suggestions?

#893 7 years ago

Does there have to be any other files on the USB key, other than Audio and Tmp folders? (Naturally, when you DL and install a sound file, they'll go to your Audio Folder. Just wondering if I'm missing something?

#895 7 years ago

Strange then. I've tried loading The Shadow sound file (via Pinsound Studio) on three different USB sticks. Each time, tells me that USB stick not detected.

I formatted the sticks prior to, FAT32 if that matters?

#897 7 years ago

Thanks for the response Luppin. Nope, turned on, turned off. No luck.

On another note, someone uploaded a file dated 16 March 2017. Maybe someone fixed the problem??

#898 7 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Having major issues installing Pinsound into my Shadow.
I have two boards that I haven't used in a couple of months. Trying to install in my Shadow now. Pin was working 100% prior to swapping out the old board.
I've tried swapping out both pinsound boards that I have, and the same problems persist. They are:
1. After the machine boots up, nothing else happens. No lights, no nothing.
2. If I turn the machine on without a USB inserted into the board, I get the little chime at the beginning, and a statement saying "the usb is missing". Then the machine continues to beep as though it is booting up.
3. If I plug in the USB, turn on the machine, I get the chime, but still no lights, no nothing, and no indication that the sound file is installing.
4. I also notice that the colorDMD gets a little garbled as well.
I've tried triple checking all my connections, including molexes and ribbon cables, all is seated properly. I haven't started pulling fuses yet, but they all "appear" to be fine!
Any suggestions?

Disregard this post in regards to the pin not booting up. One of my ribbon cables was off by a pin! Doh.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EDIT: just saw you figured it out

Nope, figured out the not booting problem. Still having the not recognizing the USB. And yes, I used two of the USB sticks I've been provided with my pinsound boards, plus a Sandisk.

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I suppose it's possible you have a bad board, then. I have several and they all act the same, but I suppose one could have slipped through QA..? If it won't recognize the USB you don't have a ton of options. What do the brothers say on the PinSound forum?

Haven't engaged over there, guess I will now.

So you have boards that won't load sounds as well Rdoyle1978 ?

1 month later
#998 6 years ago

Although not a review, I would be remiss if I didn't post about the outstanding customer service provided by Nicolas PinSound

I had two boards that had worked previously in other pins that I owned, and subsequently sold but did not include the pinsound boards. I eventually decided to install into my Shadow, neither one would work, kept getting an error. Had my buddy try in a couple of his B/W pins. Again no luck.

Through this Nicolas was always quick to reply to my questions and concerns. Eventually, he told me to ship them back to him and he would send me out new ones once received. Not only did he do that, he through in a nice Pinsound T-Shirt to boot.

So, not only is the pinsound board a game changer (for anyone sitting on the fence), but their Customer Service is also top notch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone?tu=Bigbossfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.