pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 36.
#251 9 years ago

I was on the fence about picking one up for my IJ, and now I wish I had grabbed the files while they were out there. With all the content being pulled down, I have a hard time seeing how the pinsound project survives. Hopefully they find a way, but it doesn't look good.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

No. Rick has his eyes on spot on recreations. Meaning :you can still do your sounds.

Right, but let's be honest, most people just wanted the same music and sounds from before, just higher quality. There will be exceptions, but that's going to be the primary driver. With that being shut down there's not going to be a ton of people willing to invest all that money for the hardware.

#253 9 years ago

Well that didn't take long. Not sure how this damages PPS but I'm not a lawyer. Sue everybody, its the American way! That sux. Oh well, I have 2 boards. Plan on using reorchestrations in my TZ and JD anyways. And maybe make my own. You can always put the old sound board back in, only takes 5 mins.

Anyone working on a JD reorchestration using the Dredd soundtrack? That would be awesome.

#254 9 years ago

And how does ColorDMD get away with it? Maybe there's a workaround. Or maybe PPS wants a cut ?

#255 9 years ago

That's next. PPS also owns the Williams IP rights to the use of colors in their games.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

And how does ColorDMD get away with it? Maybe there's a workaround. Or maybe PPS wants a cut ?

ColorDMD is entirely different, you can't compare them. It would be like if Pinsound took your game's sound in, ran some filters on it to make it sound better, and then outputted the end result.

Not the same as someone distributing files of new recordings using the arrangements.

#257 9 years ago

I don't know. I'm just replacing sound files that I already own with better quality ones. Pinsound is not selling the sounds.

#258 9 years ago

And I just don't see how this damages PPS other than more ill will from enthusiasts like myself who are PPS CUSTOMERS!!!. PPS fails to see the big picture here. Anything that makes an old Williams pin better just makes people need more spare parts. Again, I'm not a lawyer, FAR from it. I'm a businessman that makes a living by creating products and services that people want. I don't worry about what other people are doing, I just focus on being better. Sorry, I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam in other topics, I'm just venting.

#259 9 years ago

Does anybody have an exact explanation of what the buttons under the USB port preciselydo to the functionality, and under which circumstances you would use them?

Is it in an online manual?

I emailed them and did not get a reply...

Thanks!

Bob C

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does anybody have an exact explanation of what the buttons under the USB port preciselydo to the functionality, and under which circumstances you would use them?
Is it in an online manual?
I emailed them and did not get a reply...
Thanks!
Bob C

These buttons are not directly useful, you shouldn't use them
Don't push the red button...

#261 9 years ago

I am waiting for my board to ship, and now all I can think about is wanting to press the red button. thanks a lot...

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

These buttons are not directly useful, you shouldn't use them
Don't push the red button...

Oh, good!

Can we get more buttons not to push on the next model?

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Oh, good!
Can we get more buttons not to push on the next model?

Backlit with rainbow LEDs, too!

#264 9 years ago

Tip for people working on sound mixes (meaning shuttling your USB drive between your PC and the PinSound board) - plug in a USB extension cable and route it down through the cab so you can access it through the coin door.

I dropped one in and have noticed no lag, and you can certainly yank it out once your mix is set up.

Seems like an obvious thing to do, but it took me a couple dozen times of back-forth before I finally thought to put one in there, even with the USB cable from the LED OCD already running that same path and staring me in the face.

#265 9 years ago

If I put such a board into a game and want to exchange the speakers of the game with others to get better stereo what would be the best speaker specifications for such a setup?

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

If I put such a board into a game and want to exchange the speakers of the game with others to get better stereo what would be the best speaker specifications for such a setup?

What game?

#267 9 years ago

Don't know yet. Want to try such a board sometime.
Let's take "The Shadow" as an example.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Don't know yet. Want to try such a board sometime.
Let's take "The Shadow" as an example.

Okay so for a Williams game, say. How handy are you? There are ready-made replacements where you'll pay considerably more than if you source the parts yourself and use car speakers and a crossover, etc.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

Okay so for a Williams game, say. How handy are you? There are ready-made replacements where you'll pay considerably more than if you source the parts yourself and use car speakers and a crossover, etc.

The sound isn't stereo by itself. You'll have to get a mix or make one in stereo.

#270 9 years ago

This is what I have for my Roadshow, not yet installed as the board is in transit.

http://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl53bl-blue-label-5-1-4-triaxial-speaker-pair--267-080
http://www.parts-express.com/grs-8pr-8-8-poly-cone-rubber-surround-woofer--292-428

As EndProdukt says it will take some work to get 2.1 stereo. But for a mere $30 I expect stellar sound!

PS: I will also have to cut a bigger hole in my machine to do this right... See this article from Pinsider TheKorn .. http://www.thekorn.net/speakers/panel.html

Dan

#271 9 years ago

All is good!

#272 9 years ago

My side by side Tommies. First without, then with Pinsound. Headphones recommended.

#273 9 years ago

just ordered another one..stoked to get them hooked up!

#274 9 years ago

I got mine yesterday,
feeling a bit deflated about the whitewater mix tho

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

My side by side Tommies. First without, then with Pinsound. Headphones recommended.
» YouTube video

Great video, nice job. This is a must buy especially for anyone with a music themed machine, HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I got mine yesterday,
feeling a bit deflated about the whitewater mix tho

Big reason I put this on the backburner.

#277 9 years ago

I have my board and just tried to use the IJ reorchestration it says zip extraction error after about 15 minutes then contact support any ideas ?

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

I have my board and just tried to use the IJ reorchestration it says zip extraction error after about 15 minutes then contact support any ideas ?

Board running the latest firmware?

Even if so, I'd do the conversion on your PC then move the WAVs to the USB stick. Takes a minute on your PC vs. the 20-minutes+ that it will take in your machine.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

Did you use my reorchestration? It's in wav.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

YOU have a reorchestration? Never heard of it. And I'm sure nobody but you has it.

#281 9 years ago

IJ reochestration is on my pin, i use other mix but this one is totally awesome , sounds are great!.
Hey! You cheat, Dr. Jones !

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

YOU have a reorchestration? Never heard of it. And I'm sure nobody but you has it.

PinballM hacked my pinball machine I guess.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I got the board working it sounds amazing I just extracted the files first and it worked time to order 4 more boards theses thing are great

#284 9 years ago

I tried out mine yesterday,
very impressed !

#285 9 years ago

Just did the 2.1 conversion to my TZ, and upgraded the speakers. Had a subwoofer left over from a WOZ swap - and found my old TZ was completely torn! Who needs a shaker motor now? The cab shakes with the new sound, using the re orchestration soundtrack.

I get a "sound board error credit dot" on my Roadhouse. Anyone else get this?

Loving the boards.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I get a "sound board error credit dot" on my Roadhouse. Anyone else get this?
Loving the boards.

Roadhouse -> Roadshow or Funhouse ?

#288 9 years ago

Eh played a few games with a pinsound in my whitewater,
something are a little off.
one major thing that's "off" is the end game light show music?

#289 9 years ago

Ah, drinking and typnig - som uch fun(house).

I meant Roadshow. My new soundtrack is working perfectly, just the credit dot.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Eh played a few games with a pinsound in my whitewater,
something are a little off.
one major thing that's "off" is the end game light show music?

That's because some of the files are in the wrong category. The light show music has a problem because it's actually multiple tracks played after each other. The beginning of each track isn't cut right at the beginning. That's why it seems wrong.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

That's because some of the files are in the wrong category. The light show music has a problem because it's actually multiple tracks played after each other. The beginning of each track isn't cut right at the beginning. That's why it seems wrong.

That makes sense,
any way to fix it?
my pinsould board will be going into a roadshow soon anyways.
Thanks

#292 9 years ago

Yeah you can fix it. Cut the beginning of the songs with Audacity is one thing that should help. The other things you have to fix in Pinsoud Studio - or wait until we know if we can ever share these files so I can give you a working set.

#293 9 years ago

Is there a fix to the stuck sounds yet?
Thanks

1 month later
#294 8 years ago

I made some adapters for my Pinnovators sub adapters on my JD and IJ since the connectors on the Pinsound board don't quite match the spacing on WPC-DCS. Sounds amazing!

001.JPG001.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG
#295 8 years ago

Can somebody please share their experience with the PinSound and original TZ sound pack?

I just want the original sounds to sound a bit better and I'm curious if the PinSound board helps

1 week later
#296 8 years ago
Quoted from Invader:

Can somebody please share their experience with the PinSound and original TZ sound pack?
I just want the original sounds to sound a bit better and I'm curious if the PinSound board helps

Anyone?

#297 8 years ago

It definitely sounds better if you use the stereo connector kit.

#298 8 years ago

Just the board won't help much. The main improvement was from being able to replace tracks with stereo and higher definition tracks. The one I tried at TPF sounded amazing.

#299 8 years ago

Anxiously awaiting SAM compatibility.

#300 8 years ago

Invader, I am going to be installing my Pinsound into my TZ in a day or two. I am going to do an install and review video of the process. Look for it. I will post the link to the post here.

Thx

Lee

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.