New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 116283)

Pinsound Board Reviews? Anyone?

By beelzeboob

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,710 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 4.05.58 PM (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG

There are 1710 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.
#1701 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Import your sound files using Pinsound studio and have the software write the files tk your USB drive. Or install the board and files manually; I think the board automatically creates the file.
Definitely
Pinsound studio does

The latest version of Pinsound studio does not create the config.pinsound file. If you attempt to open the set of audio folders/files it does nothing. I’m gonna try grabbing the file from the original

#1702 11 months ago

Ok, so dropping the original config.pinsound with the folders/files doesn’t work.

If the original folder numbers are needed then the config.pinsound would be unique to each unique set of prefix number folders.

Either way, I reached out to Nicholas from Pinsound for an answer. I’ve yet to see a detailed doc on the config.pinsound file and how that cordinates all the Music/SFX/Voice/etc to each unique game

#1703 11 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok thanks. The concern I have is it appears all the files listed (IE Indiana Jones) have vast differences in folder sctructure names. I read the Pinsound info on folder names and it says everything before the dash needs to be the same, but that isn’t the case in the files I’ve downloaded
I’ll go ahead and grab the default config.pinsound file and drop it into the reorchestrated set I currently have and let you know my findings

In order to convert to the new convention all of the orchestrations were redone and reposted on the site. The older retired convention had shorter numbers and no config for the orchestration. To support the new format, you must upgrade to the latest firmware and copy the newer version of the orchestration to the USB. The same rules apply in that the folder names must keep the new longer number but you can name the rest of the folder and the sound files in them to whatever you want.

One caveat is that you may still have different new orchestrations for the same pin, but they have differing numbering schemes. In this case they will both still work, but the config.pinsound files are not interchangeable. As long as the orchestrations do have the same numbering then the config file is interchangeable. This is quite handy when you do a shakerization for a pin because you only have to do it once then copy the file to other orchestrations for that same game and the shakerization will automatically be applied.

#1704 11 months ago

Would be nice to know how to create our own config.pinsound file though. Still waiting to hear back from Pinsound so I can fix the IJ file

#1705 11 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Would be nice to know how to create our own config.pinsound file though. Still waiting to hear back from Pinsound so I can fix the IJ file

Format is proprietary and confidential, so PinSound will not share the methodology or tools to create your own. What exactly is your issue? Are you working with your own custom orchestration that doesn't work after a firmware update or what? If you are using one of the orchestrations posted on the community forum (http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/30-indiana-jones) then you just need to re-download if yours is from a few months or more ago as they should have all been updated to the new format (ignore the submitted/updated date).

If you do re-download and it is still the old format then PM PinSound and they will fix it.

#1706 11 months ago

Sounds like they are working on it now

#1707 10 months ago

Are there psrec files available on the Pinsound community? Thanks.

1 week later
#1708 10 months ago

I have upgraded to the latest firmware and noticed that I now have music that stops as game-sfx and game-speech interrupt the playing music, its almost like the music is 'ducking' the other sounds.

Is there a setting for ducking that I can turn off?

As a result the game now sound horrendous.

3 months later
#1709 6 months ago

Is BTTF already supported? I could not find it on their page.

#1710 6 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is BTTF already supported? I could not find it on their page.

I believe it is the same version pin as other DE games that are listed, so not sure why it is not. I recommend you pm PinSound and ask.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 12.95
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 50.00
$ 5.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Morrisville, NC
$ 259.99
Machine - For Sale
New Kensington, PA
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hartland, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,248.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1710 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside