pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 36.
#1551 4 years ago

Anyone working on TSPP ? If any game needs sound improvement it is that one.
It will be an instant buy for simpsons.

#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Came across an issue and wanted to see how common it is. After the game is finished, an ‘Attract’ song is played and it is faded out accordingly. When I start the next game, the music is extremely low but all the other effects sfx, vocals, etc) play at normal volume. When the game ends, and I start another game right away, all the sounds play normally. It only seems to happen when the Attract song plays to the end. I asked another member about this and they had the same issue before.
Is this a known problem and is there a way to resolve it? I will do a video to show the problem. Thanks.

I've got the exact same issue, not every game but it happens enough.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

Great, maybe it is a defect with the card?

#1554 4 years ago
Quoted from BR80:

I think this is fixed with a firmware update

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Came across an issue and wanted to see how common it is. After the game is finished, an ‘Attract’ song is played and it is faded out accordingly. When I start the next game, the music is extremely low but all the other effects sfx, vocals, etc) play at normal volume. When the game ends, and I start another game right away, all the sounds play normally. It only seems to happen when the Attract song plays to the end. I asked another member about this and they had the same issue before.
Is this a known problem and is there a way to resolve it? I will do a video to show the problem. Thanks.

It's been fixed, update your board with the latest firmware here:
https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/

#1556 4 years ago

Here is a video of the low music volume issue after the music fades out between games. Any ideas? I tried another orchestration, and the exact same issue occurred so I think it is a board issue. Thanks.

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a video of the low music volume issue after the music fades out between games. Any ideas? I tried another orchestration, and the exact same issue occurred so I think it is a board issue. Thanks.

Update. Your. Firmware.

https://www.pinsound.org/wp-content/uploads/releases/pinsound-update-18123.psrom

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

It's been fixed, update your board with the latest firmware here:
https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/

Thank you for mentioning! I’ve been having issues with the board in my DE Batman ever since I installed it last summer so I am hoping this will fix it. All is great until you hit the jackpot shot in multi-ball...then when you make the shot, the sound shuts off completely and the only way to get sound again is to shut off the machine and reboot. I even bought the additional wire harness a couple months back, thinking that maybe it was a ground issue but it still did the same thing. It’s like once you hit the jackpot and the machine starts going bananas the sound board gets confused and decides to go nighty-nite.

#1559 4 years ago

The board was just purchased about a month ago. I would think it would have the most updated firmware, no? The last update appears to be from Dec 2018. Thanks.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The board was just purchased about a month ago. I would think it would have the most updated firmware, no? The last update appears to be from Dec 2018. Thanks.

Who knows how long it was on stock. Just give it go. If it is gone, great. If not, one potential issue has been ruled out. It’s a matter of a few minutes...

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can look on your PinSound USB drive and their will be a text file in the root directly (forget exactly what it is called), if you open that it will show the boot sequence info and the firmware version installed.

Regardless, I would just update it from a fresh download.

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

nope. try the update -

#1563 4 years ago

If the firmware is up to date, will the Pinsound card say anything? I installed a blank USB with the latest firmware file, and the only thing the Pinsound card kept saying was that there was no sound files on the USB. Not sure if that is normal if the firmware is up to date?

The only file on the USB drive is the original firmware file. There is no text file in the root directory. Is that an indication that it didn't accept the update? Thanks for everyone's help!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1564 4 years ago

Looking for other TZ mixes other than original and horror. Love the Golden Earring group song, is anyone doing this type of remix?

#1565 4 years ago

I noticed a PinSound connection port on my PI-80 Pascal board I am using in a Gottlieb Haunted House. I contacted PinSound and did say it was something they are working on. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

2 weeks later
#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I noticed a PinSound connection port on my PI-80 Pascal board I am using in a Gottlieb Haunted House. I contacted PinSound and did say it was something they are working on. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I would love to know more about this for my HH as well.

1 week later
#1567 4 years ago

Current wait time over 2 months, is this accurate? Anyone ordered recently?

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Current wait time over 2 months, is this accurate? Anyone ordered recently?

https://ksarcade.net

1 month later
#1570 4 years ago

There's a whole lot of shakin' going on in pinball this week.

Perhaps prompted by Pinshakers' shaker kit announcement the other day... or perhaps not... PinSound has now opened up preorders on their "Motion Control Shaker Kit."

Shipping expected/estimated in September.

#1571 4 years ago

Very excited for this. Firing the shaker through pinsound via callouts should be alot easier that wiring it up to flashers. Glad it will work with the original board as well.

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Very excited for this. Firing the shaker through pinsound via callouts should be alot easier that wiring it up to flashers. Glad it will work with the original board as well.

Yes this is great news! Definitely getting in on this for my IJ!!!!

#1573 4 years ago

I saw someone post this on facebook.. I hope it's easily tied in, I think rumbling during apollo 13 multiball launch would be awesome.

https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control/

pinsound_rumble (resized).pngpinsound_rumble (resized).png
#1574 4 years ago

Looks like a great addition to the community!

Rob

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Yes, the timing is very interesting. Nothing like this has come to the market in many years and now suddenly there are two! Major difference though is that their kit requires you to purchase their $370 pinsound board if you don't already have one in addition to the $190 kit for a total $560 investment, and ours is a standalone solution at under $200.
I think competition is a good thing though, and that both kits will be great additions for the community.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

This pinsound thread has been around a while now, as well as talk of shaker support. Interesting, just not the kind of interesting your post comes off as.

Lame you advertise your product here. Definitely will not be purchasing anything from pinshakers.

Later.

#1576 4 years ago

I can't believe they are serious with that?

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

This pinsound thread has been around a while now, as well as talk of shaker support. Interesting, just not the kind of interesting your post comes off as.
Lame you advertise your product here. Definitely will not be purchasing anything from pinshakers.
Later.

I apologize, I certainly didn't mean to come off that way. I edited it and moved the post to our introduction topic.

Thanks!

Rob

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from robgo777:

I apologize, I certainly didn't mean to come off that way. I edited it and moved the post to our introduction topic.
Thanks!
Rob

I’m sure Rob didn’t mean anything by it, but I do want to clarify that there is also a forthcoming shaker product offered by PinSound that does not require the actual PinSound board.

#1579 4 years ago

Classic example of “competition is good for the customers” it would seem. Maybe not so much for the competitors though.

#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m sure Rob didn’t mean anything by it, but I do want to clarify that there is also a forthcoming shaker product offered by PinSound that does not require the actual PinSound board.

And it can still be triggered by call outs without it?

1 week later
#1581 4 years ago

Is this an issue? Voltage of Pinsound card seems to be exceeding the expected range. Game and card function fine on the Dr Who. Thanks.

AMPLIFIER VOLTAGE MEASURED: 26447mV (expected range: 11000mV - 26000mV)
[lowest amplifier voltage measured: 25275mV / highest amplification voltage measured: 27888mV]

#1582 4 years ago

Had a question about editing the config file. When I open it up with Notepad, there are some non- English characters and no readable text. Should the config file be blank? What program should I use to open the config file properly? Thanks for the help.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Had a question about editing the config file. When I open it up with Notepad, there are some non- English characters and no readable text. Should the config file be blank? What program should I use to open the config file properly? Thanks for the help.

Pinsound studio automatically updates it when you change settings there

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pinsound studio automatically updates it when you change settings there

Thanks, is there a way to go in and edit the text manually?

#1585 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what is the typical text in the config.ini file? I am trying to play with the background sound to make the voice tracks more prominent. When I open the config.ini file in a text program, I get a bunch of Chinese looking characters but no other expect text. Thanks for the help!

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, is there a way to go in and edit the text manually?

Man I can not remember - there is one file you can edit directly, I can’t recall what it is off the top of my head. PinSound.config maybe?

#1587 4 years ago

Root of my PinSound One USB drive
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Contents of my config.ini file
pasted_image.pngpasted_image.png

You will have to play with the ducking settings (remove the leading semi-colon to enable them). Values are 0-100. I assume PinSound has left this feature available in their latest firmware, and I also assume it works on PinSound Plus.

If your config.ini has coded characters in it, then my recommendation is to copy the file off somewhere or rename it, then create a new config.ini with the contents as I've shown. Give it a try, can't hurt anything.

1 week later
#1588 4 years ago

I just noticed that the sound on my Frankenstein has started to cut out whenever I hit both flippers. I'm assuming this is a power supply issue? I already tried reseating all the connectors. Would hate to have to buy a new power supply as this game played perfectly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I'm assuming this is a power supply issue?

In all likelihood, yes.

Try the Data East Power Booster cabling from PinSound: https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product&id_lang=1

When I installed a PinSound in my GNR some 4 years ago, I installed a separate 12V power supply to power it. Replaced that with the cabling above when it was released, and all remains good.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

In all likelihood, yes.
Try the Data East Power Booster cabling from PinSound: https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=41&controller=product&id_lang=1
When I installed a PinSound in my GNR some 4 years ago, I installed a separate 12V power supply to power it. Replaced that with the cabling above when it was released, and all remains good.

Thanks blackjacked, I'll probably get the cable kit. Thanks for the link.

Rich

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Based on this, it seems I lost the ability to setup backbox/cabinet bass/medium mix - separately. The keyword is separately. I really don't understand why you have eliminated this from a sound board. Or is there a way to adjust it via software?

PinSound
Since the board is fully digital, is there a way (like firmware upgrade) to adjust the volume separately? I have followed your guide but can't set the desired sound. With Pinsound 1 it's possible.

1 week later
#1592 4 years ago

Has anyone downloaded the new Pro Studio version? Can the Global Levels be used to change the volumes for Vocal tracks for the entire orchestration when making changes? Thanks.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone downloaded the new Pro Studio version? Can the Global Levels be used to change the volumes for Vocal tracks for the entire orchestration when making changes? Thanks.

do you mean make voices louder/softer globally? You can already do that using the ducking feature

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The new PSSP currently has limited features and not sure if the global settings work yet or not (you would need to test). Nicolas told me his main objective for this first release was shaker programmability, but he will be adding addition features to the software over time.

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

do you mean make voices louder/softer globally? You can already do that using the ducking feature

Can’t seem to be able to edit the config file. Thanks.

#1596 4 years ago

You don't/can't edit the config.pinsound file (this file contains details about an orchestration such as shaker commands, etc. using the new naming convention), rather the config.ini file which goes into the root of the USB drive as I've detailed before.

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Can’t seem to be able to edit the config file. Thanks.

You need to edit

Config.ini

Config.pinsound is a binary. Try the other file ^^^

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You need to edit
Config.ini
Config.pinsound is a binary. Try the other file ^^^

I tried to edit this file. When I open it in a text file program (notepad, etc.), I see about 20 Chinese characters and nothing else.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I tried to edit this file. When I open it in a text file program (notepad, etc.), I see about 20 Chinese characters and nothing else.

Follow my instructions in the post above: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/32#post-5142706

#1600 4 years ago

This is from my Getaway. This is an original Pinsound card. Don't have the config file? Thanks.

config (resized).JPGconfig (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,419.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/32?hl=wawa777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.