pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.
#101 9 years ago

Just ordered one today it says 7 day delay hoping it ships by Ohio pinball show I have a chromed restored funhouse I would like to run the board in for the show but don't know if I will have it by then any guesses ?

#103 9 years ago

Well mine just arrived for my Tommy. Nice quick shipping even to this end of the world. Now I have a major incentive to get the restore finished and get the thing back together!

#104 9 years ago

At the risk of sounding insensitive to global economies: any chance that the price will be updated again to reflect the latest changes in relative currency values?

#105 9 years ago

Ordered on Wednesday and cannot wait to upgrade Tommy!! I think this will make for a drastic improvement. I will post a video as soon as I have it up and running.

#106 9 years ago

Just installed mine in my Judge Dredd! It's currently going through it's first time boot/audio conversion, so I can't give any thoughts on it yet, but I am going to load up 3 different sound packs for it: the original one and the Metallica one, which are both up on the Pinsound forums, and one I've been working on myself.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just installed mine in my Judge Dredd! It's currently going through it's first time boot/audio conversion, so I can't give any thoughts on it yet, but I am going to load up 3 different sound packs for it: the original one and the Metallica one, which are both up on the Pinsound forums, and one I've been working on myself.

Cool, have fun. People really need to start replacing sfx and voice, too. Do you have that possibility?

#108 9 years ago

Just ordered mine as promised...even though I can't put it in for about 6 months.

But that's okay...it'll give Endprodukt extra time to tweak those Indiana Jones sounds and reorchestrations!

#109 9 years ago

By the way...I think if there was ever a machine that needed one of these cards as well as a kick ass Endprodukt reorchestration, it's LOTR. That machine would sound gorgeous with an orchestral score and callouts that aren't compressed to shit. I'd have to buy another pinsound board!

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Cool, have fun. People really need to start replacing sfx and voice, too. Do you have that possibility?

Eventually, yes. I'm not sure what I would replace as far as voice goes, unless I was to record some new stuff or pull some sound bites from Dredd. The SFX I could probably find some good stuff.

#111 9 years ago

Voice is always a problem, yes. Replacing sfx is a lot of fun though.

#112 9 years ago

Voice wouldn't be that difficult, just costly. There are plenty of voice actors online that will take jobs. The downside is that you would need to have them record ALL of the voices - otherwise the difference (between 'new' and 'original') would be greatly noticed.

#113 9 years ago

Very exciting...I received my Pinsound board yesterday, and have installed it in my T2 with Endrprodukt's re-engineered sound package.
It sounds great, but I was wondering about attract mode...it doesn't seem to play music and attract sounds? Am I doing something wrong?
Dan

#114 9 years ago

While I love the pinsound product, the Episode 1 music on this pin is blasphemy.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

While I love the pinsound product, the Episode 1 music on this pin is blasphemy.

Why?

EDIT: I assume you're talking about SWE1, but I don't even see that listed on their site.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why?
EDIT: I assume you're talking about SWE1, but I don't even see that listed on their site.

Sorry beelzeboob, I was referencing indigocc's youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/_m2XWkempcI?autoplay=1&rel=0
Data East Star Wars should never play Episode 1's music (nor 2 or 3 for that matter) but clearly you can hear the battle with Darth Maul being played.
Thats like putting the Star Trek music on a Star Wars pin.

#117 9 years ago

Update: the board does play the attract mode sounds...just have to let it run for a bit.
The re-orchestrated soundtrack also has some funny sound effect when walking through the game tests and modifications.
I'm sold on Pinsound...time to buy a few more for my IJ, WH20 and JD.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Sorry i didn't want to hurt anyone (this is my mix)
Just replace the \music\ 000006-SHOOTER_THEME file and it's over.

#119 9 years ago

Awesome product, can't wait to get a HS2 and change the ZZTOP music. The midi version is the real blasphemy.

Also kind of curious what people prefer on Rollergames. The original soundtrack the machine came with or the soundtrack from the TV show? Since Rollergames is on the list of supported games the original soundtrack could be replaced.

VS

#120 9 years ago

First one to mention the menu sounds. I was wondering what it would sound like if Arnold would do the menu sounds... Haha.

Quoted from Arcadedl:

Update: the board does play the attract mode sounds...just have to let it run for a bit.
The re-orchestrated soundtrack also has some funny sound effect when walking through the game tests and modifications.
I'm sold on Pinsound...time to buy a few more for my IJ, WH20 and JD.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

First one to mention the menu sounds. I was wondering what it would sound like if Arnold would do the menu sounds... Haha.

"Enter". "Up" "Up" "Up" "ESCAPE!!!" "GET DOWN!" "GET DOWN!" "GET DO-" "Enter."

And on newer games, where you have the count-down sound to wait or hit the start button, it can be a random - "Hurry Up!" "Go!" "Push It!", and then the saved would be "OK."

That would make me laugh too hard. I'd look for excuses to play around in the menus..

#122 9 years ago

Finally got around to installing mine in my GNR and... now for the troubleshooting. Every time the flippers fire, the sound cuts out. In the example below (using julien42's mix as-is, just to get it up and tested), it stays out entirely for as long as I hold the flippers. In-game, sometimes it does the same, the rest of the time it drops out for a fraction of a second and then comes back on.

I initially thought my ribbon cable might've been plugged into the wrong spot; in indigocc's pics of his install in a DESW his ribbon cable is in the bottom-most connector, while my instructions showed that it was to be in the spot above that. But it looks like the positions of those connectors is different between the 1.2 and 1.3 boards, so that's not it.

I have a Flipper Fidelity speaker package installed, which has the extra volume pot in the backbox - maybe that's where I should start? Take that out of the loop so I've got a 'stock' speaker setup to start with?

#123 9 years ago

I'd contact Pinsound. Never heard of anyone having that problem.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Finally got around to installing mine in my GNR and... now for the troubleshooting. Every time the flippers fire, the sound cuts out.

I had nearly the same trouble with my tommy. (problem solved)

The problem might be a low 12V for the sound board, when holding the flipper (9V, same power line)
First, you will have to check your voltage on your power board.

While waiting the pinsound's team answer, maybe you could try this :
cut the bass boost on the pinsound, and put the bass volume close to 0. (it could use less power)

#125 9 years ago

I concur with low 12v. In fact, if you have a rotten dog power board that will have reversed the regulated and unregulated 12v causing low voltage for the 12v.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Finally got around to installing mine in my GNR and... now for the troubleshooting. Every time the flippers fire, the sound cuts out.

As other rightly pointed out: you must have a very low 12V.
Check the 12V with a DMM.
Check for any burnt/oxidized connectors.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from julien42:

The problem might be a low 12V for the sound board, when holding the flipper (9V, same power line)
First, you will have to check your voltage on your power board.

Quoted from markmon:

I concur with low 12v. In fact, if you have a rotten dog power board that will have reversed the regulated and unregulated 12v causing low voltage for the 12v.

Quoted from PinSound:

As other rightly pointed out: you must have a very low 12V.

Thanks. Power board is a new X-Pin. At the test points on the board (everything still connected and machine running in attract mode), I get:

10.5 for +12V
5.1 for +5
-13.3 for -12V

At the connector on the PinSound board I get the same 10.5 reading for +12V, so the cabling between the two appears good, but can I assume that the 10.5 is just too low to begin with, and I've got a problem w/ the X-Pin board?

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Thanks. Power board is a new X-Pin. At the test points on the board (everything still connected and machine running in attract mode), I get:
10.5 for +12V

10.5V is the minimum supply voltage for the +12V on the PinSound board.
Can you check how low is the 12V when you hold the flip?

I don’t think there is something wrong with your XPin power supply board. I think it's more a main voltage issue: can you check your main?

#129 9 years ago

Actually, 10.5v is just way too low even if the pinsound board can run with it. The unregulated 12v should generally be higher. And if you're at 10.5 under no load, it'll probably drop further with load. I'm not sure we can rule out the xpin board. I haven't seen one to play with. But the rotten dog problem I discovered has been in those boards for several years and they generally work ok that way - until you try to do something like upgrade the sound and really pull some power through it. Let me look at the other pins to measure so we can see what your power is like off that xpin.

#130 9 years ago

Just hooked up my Pinsound in my IJ with Endprodukt's .95 sounds and it is awesome. My backbox speakers (Pinball Pro) sound great but I am not getting any sound/bass out of my subwoofer. I bought the 2.1 cable and hooked the center cables directly into my external subwoofer and nothing. Not sure if it the mix or something up with my Pinsound... suggestions?

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Just hooked up my Pinsound in my IJ with Endprodukt's .95 sounds and it is awesome. My backbox speakers (Pinball Pro) sound great but I am not getting any sound/bass out of my subwoofer. I bought the 2.1 cable and hooked the center cables directly into my external subwoofer and nothing. Not sure if it the mix or something up with my Pinsound... suggestions?

It's not the mix. I have plenty of lowend. Did you check the cabinet volume pot on the pinside board?

#132 9 years ago

About the wiring, we just updated the manual section about the wiring of the stereo 2.1 kit:
http://www.pinsound.org/mono-to-stereo-2-1-re-wiring-wpc-only/

Note if you have a filter on your cabinet speaker, you should remove it (or by pass it)

#133 9 years ago

My wiring is correct. My cabinet pots are all in the center. I turned them and my DMD went out and the idol solenoid fires repeatedly. Turned the game off and let it sit for about an hour, turned it back on and the game functions fine but still no center channel output to my external sub or the sub in the cabinet.

#134 9 years ago

OK this time waiting an hour didn't work. Solenoids keep firing, I disconnected everything going to the Pinsound board and the solenoids are still firing. My ColorDMD isn't turning on but a regular DMD does turn on. My ColorDMD works in my STTNG so I know that is OK. Not sure what to try next.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Sorry beelzeboob, I was referencing indigocc's youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/_m2XWkempcI?autoplay=1&rel=0
Data East Star Wars should never play Episode 1's music (nor 2 or 3 for that matter) but clearly you can hear the battle with Darth Maul being played.
Thats like putting the Star Trek music on a Star Wars pin.

Yeah, blasphemy! DESW is definitely one of the pins ripe for a new Pinsound audio set using the original film score and better speech samples - I love the pin but the music is pretty cheesy and some of the quotes could be a bit more... authentic!

#136 9 years ago

I don't have the feeling you exactly know what you're doing (turning the wires and waiting an hour) so please stop experimenting. Pretty sure something is wrong with your machine. Check your fuses first. I guess the 12v fuse went over board. It could explain why the dmd is not working and why the solenoid fires in the idol (optos not working, machine is looking for balls in the game)

OK this time waiting an hour didn't work. Solenoids keep firing, I disconnected everything going to the Pinsound board and the solenoids are still firing. My ColorDMD isn't turning on but a regular DMD does turn on. My ColorDMD works in my STTNG so I know that is OK. Not sure what to try next.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I don't have the feeling you exactly know what you're doing (turning the wires and waiting an hour) so please stop experimenting. Pretty sure something is wrong with your machine. Check your fuses first. I guess the 12v fuse went over board. It could explain why the dmd is not working and why the solenoid fires in the idol (optos not working, machine is looking for balls in the game)

or 12v isn't getting enough power. Which means a bridge rectifier is going bad or a cap isn't working right. only testing the power supply will let you know for sure if the fuse isnt blown.

#138 9 years ago

Installed mine on IJ. Awesome. Finish that version .95!

#139 9 years ago

I'm on it. You can help with testing. If something is wrong with 0.95 that's totally off, let me know. There isn't much left actually.

#140 9 years ago

I just got mine today. I haven't had a chance to install, but am working on a STTNG/ST25th projects

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm on it. You can help with testing. If something is wrong with 0.95 that's totally off, let me know. There isn't much left actually.

Yay.

Other than delays in timing, and extreme voice 'ducking' occassionally, it's good. I reloaded three different ij versions tonight onto board. Will report back anything funky.

#142 9 years ago

Looking forward to updates from people while I wait to get my IJ back (and PinSound board in the mail!). I wish I could help with the testing! (But I still want the original "See you tomorrow, Indiana Jones!" in there...it's not tough to change that, is it?)

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yay.
Other than delays in timing, and extreme voice 'ducking' occassionally, it's good. I reloaded three different ij versions tonight onto board. Will report back anything funky.

I have cut all the gun sounds now to the transient (attack of the sounds). Any delay that occurs is either a delay in the cpu call or the pinsound board (don't know if it could actually produce unwanted delay)

#144 9 years ago

You can also play around with the ducking settings in the Config.ini if you don't like my settings. They work pretty well for me.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

You can also play around with the ducking settings in the Config.ini if you don't like my settings. They work pretty well for me.

Will do. Delay was the thumb drive I was using. Windows had a security file stuck on it. Cleaned it up. Working better.

To alter ducking settings in confit.ini, how to do that?

#146 9 years ago

Looks like my 12v went up on my power board, just happened to be when I installed the Pinsound board. LED 7 is off and TP1 doesn't give me a reading. I replaced the fuses and no difference. I had a spare Rottendog board sitting around so I swapped that in and everything works fine.

I didn't notice delays in my sounds but I did have a hard time hearing some voice callouts specifically Marion's and some of Shortround's when you collect them. I haven't read up on the gain.txt but I am guessing it can be fixed by adding one to the folder.

#147 9 years ago

Looks like my 12v went up on my power board, just happened to be when I installed the Pinsound board. LED 7 is off and TP1 doesn't give me a reading. I replaced the fuses and no difference. I had a spare Rottendog board sitting around so I swapped that in and everything works fine.
I didn't notice delays in my sounds but I did have a hard time hearing some voice callouts specifically Marion's and some of Shortround's when you collect them. I haven't read up on the gain.txt but I am guessing it can be fixed by adding one to the folder.

Same here. Marion and short round were whisper quiet.

#148 9 years ago

Please guys, don't mess around with gain.txt files! Let me know what version you are using and if you're using my config.ini that I provided with 0.95! In the config.ini you'll find a parameter called "ducking_voice = 65". The 65 means, that that music will duck by 35% when a voice file is played.

Since I'm using multisamples for some stuff (like you collect Marion), it's possible one file is totaly fine with the loudness and one is a little too loud or too quiet with the same setting.

This is a lot of tweaking work and it's going much faster with support instead of people changing it at home without telling me so I can do it for everyone

#149 9 years ago

I am using your 0.95 and your config.ini. Any settings or tweaks to improve the sound experience would be shared with you to share with anyone.

#150 9 years ago

Thanks

So I allready updated Marion and Shorty, I don't get why they're to quiet at your end though. Testing it in a few minutes and let you know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.