pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 36.
#1251 6 years ago

Is there a remix for no good gofers? Maybe different main song and gofer voice?

#1252 6 years ago

So...
Uh..

How do we order one? Really?

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#1253 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the original card? Seems like only plus version for sale and it's 370. Looking for standard
Used is fine

#1254 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know where I can get the original card? Seems like only plus version for sale and it's 370. Looking for standard
Used is fine

It seems they’ve discontinued the old board. Look at K’s Arcade and PPS/BAA. They may have some old stock, but I highly doubt it will be discounted. Hopefully, though! Keep looking - every once in a LONG while one will come up for sale here.

1 month later
#1255 5 years ago

Just posted my latest (9th) Getaway PinSound orchestration to the community (awaiting approval before it is available for download). All instrumental cover songs on this one.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/22-getaway

#1256 5 years ago

Interesting problem that someone may know the answer to. I’ve been having trouble with my pinsound on CFTBL. Wasn’t playing despite everything seemingly installed correctly - then suddenly last night - worked perfectly with the Wool Mix and sounded great - small issue - no flippers! Nothing registered on switch test or flipper test. Pulled and checked all the fuses and all were fine. Turned the game back on - flipper back, but now no sound again! Any ideas?

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Interesting problem that someone may know the answer to. I’ve been having trouble with my pinsound on CFTBL. Wasn’t playing despite everything seemingly installed correctly - then suddenly last night - worked perfectly with the Wool Mix and sounded great - small issue - no flippers! Nothing registered on switch test or flipper test. Pulled and checked all the fuses and all were fine. Turned the game back on - flipper back, but now no sound again! Any ideas?

Power supply stressed by pinsound? Sounds similar to some issues with ij and pinsound.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

CFTBL has a lot of load on it already, there's almost no headroom for mods on that game. Yank the hologram motors and bulb and see if you get any different result. Those put a big spike on the game and since they are on/off the whole time you'll get unpredictable results as far as power. What other mods do you have?

#1259 5 years ago

Hey how do people typically set up custom mixes (I.e. Full re-orchestrations of music, sfx And voices) for Pinsound mixes? I've been trying to get someone to make a Judge Dredd custom mix. I've done one on my own (music only) but I don't have the capability to record new voices or sfx.

#1260 5 years ago

Has anyone figured out if these work with older data East? Like revision 2 stuff like Robocop, Phantom, Monday night football, and Playboy 35?

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Hey how do people typically set up custom mixes (I.e. Full re-orchestrations of music, sfx And voices) for Pinsound mixes? I've been trying to get someone to make a Judge Dredd custom mix. I've done one on my own (music only) but I don't have the capability to record new voices or sfx.

I'm confused by your question since it seems like you already know the answer. They do it the same way you have done your music tracks, and with custom voice & sfx. The ones I have changed used either professional voice actors and/or recordings I clipped from internet sources.

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm confused by your question since it seems like you already know the answer. They do it the same way you have done your music tracks, and with custom voice & sfx. The ones I have changed used either professional voice actors and/or recordings I clipped from internet sources.

That's the correct answer. Do some research about Digital Audio workstation (DAW) software, like Reaper or Audacity (I hate Audacity, but it's free). Reaper is $30 for a student license.

#1263 5 years ago

Yes. Audacity and YouTube. Youtube for sfx/Spotify for music. I use cubase for creating more extensive sound effects and voices, but if you find FX that sound great on YouTube that's a very easy route to go. In audacity you select your soundcard as source (loopback), hit record in audacity and go over to YouTube and hit play on the audio clip you want to record. Stop the recording, edit start and end position with short fade in/out, do some equalisation and maybe a bit compression and normalizing to get the level you want. Maybe some reverb or delay for a more exciting sound. Export as .wave file 16bit/44.1 to the folder containing the file you need to replace. Delete the old one or just overwrite it. Once you do this enough times, it gets easier and takes less time. But still it takes a a LOT of time getting it just the way you want it...

#1264 5 years ago

Hey everyone,

I just installed Pinsound Speakers and not sure if this happened to anyone else but the speakers sound quite quiet and muddy. It was actually much crisper and louder with my DCS speakers! I'm using Pinsound Speakers (Williams Kit) and Pinsound 1 Board with Stereo 2.1 cables on my WPC-DCS Judge Dredd. Any advice? The subwoofer itself is realllllly quiet. Sound like they are far away and travelling through packing material

I've even dialed in the recommended DCS EQ settings on the potentiometers on the Board. Ive tried three sound mixes and they all sound muddy and so very quiet.

I've contacted Pinsound and am awaiting a response.

#1265 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Hey everyone,
I just installed Pinsound Speakers and not sure if this happened to anyone else but the speakers sound quite quiet and muddy. It was actually much crisper and louder with my DCS speakers! I'm using Pinsound Speakers (Williams Kit) and Pinsound 1 Board with Stereo 2.1 cables on my WPC-DCS Judge Dredd. Any advice? The subwoofer itself is realllllly quiet. Sound like they are far away and travelling through packing material
I've even dialed in the recommended DCS EQ settings on the potentiometers on the Board. Ive tried three sound mixes and they all sound muddy and so very quiet.
I've contacted Pinsound and am awaiting a response.

I am pretty sure you have connected it wrong. Use the CN4 Data East stereo output. And make sure it's connected the right side up.

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

I am pretty sure you have connected it wrong. Use the CN4 Data East stereo output. And make sure it's connected the right side up.

Hi Hazzard, yes I have connected it right to the 2.1 stereo output (My Pinsound 1 board calls it the stereo 2.1 speakers output and the CN4 Data East stereo output) and due to the pin configuration there is only one way of installing it correctly.

I'll try unplugging it and plugging it in again.

Cheers,

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

Has anyone figured out if these work with older data East? Like revision 2 stuff like Robocop, Phantom, Monday night football, and Playboy 35?

The older boards won’t work, but I spoke with Pinsound at TPF and these will definitely be supported by the new board at some point.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CFTBL has a lot of load on it already, there's almost no headroom for mods on that game. Yank the hologram motors and bulb and see if you get any different result. Those put a big spike on the game and since they are on/off the whole time you'll get unpredictable results as far as power. What other mods do you have?

Turns out it was my ribbon cable. I switched it over from another Williams machine and all worked well. This may be the problem JediPimp is having as well. Thanks for the help. Sounds so good now with the new mix and speaker upgrade.

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Turns out it was my ribbon cable. I switched it over from another Williams machine and all worked well. This may be the problem JediPimp is having as well. Thanks for the help. Sounds so good now with the new mix and speaker upgrade.

even better! great job figuring that out

1 week later
#1271 5 years ago

Here some work in progress on Elvis

Unfortunately it was a bad game but gives an idea at least.

1 week later
#1272 5 years ago

Did record a full 2player game which should give you a better idea of the mix

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I asked Pinsound for a replacement Subwoofer (which they gave me) and everything is sounding perfect now! The Pinsound guys are top notch when it comes to customer service. My cabinet vibrates a bit from the subwoofer now!!!!!

#1274 5 years ago

Nm, found a more pertinent thread!

1 month later
#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I just put a pinsound board in my Indy 500. Updated the firmware as well. Problem is that wrong sounds play and wrong timing of music all the time. Any ideas?

This issue is now fixed. I reported it to pinsound and they fixed the issue

3 weeks later
#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

This issue is now fixed. I reported it to pinsound and they fixed the issue

How did they fix it? Firmware update?

#1277 5 years ago

I had one of the earlier boards, I decided to just pull it out of the machine. The boot up time really bothered me, I don't know if the newer boards are the same. Running custom high quality is nice, but I doubt I will put this board back in any of my machines.

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I had one of the earlier boards, I decided to just pull it out of the machine. The boot up time really bothered me, I don't know if the newer boards are the same. Running custom high quality is nice, but I doubt I will put this board back in any of my machines.

The 12-second or so boot time is a deal-breaker?

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Yeah it’s annoying to have to wait a few seconds, but if you get a high speed usb drive it cuts it WAY down

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The 12-second or so boot time is a deal-breaker?

To each his own I guess. Mine play the THX intro music and shake the house during their boot sequence; it's an epic experience just turning the Pinsound games on let alone playing them!

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

To each his own I guess. Mine play the THX intro music and shake the house during their boot sequence; it's an epic experience just turning the Pinsound games on let alone playing them!

Wha what? You can have an intro sound instead of the blip, blip, blip, blip?

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

if you copy your own “boot.wav” sound file in your “audio” folder, the PinSound board will play this file instead of the standard startup sound.

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

New boards have also a boot up time. Don’t think this has changed much but never timed it. However, just to skip this product because of a 12 sec boot time ??? You must be the most impatient person I know. You can already start playing if you wish.

#1284 5 years ago

I’m no audiophile, so the benefits of the board were a bit lost on me, i never saw much content available either unless you have a few particular machines, and yeah the bootup time is anoying to me, so out it goes.

#1285 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You still get some of the beeps, but on my Getaway I have the sound of a Lambo Diablo starting, revving, peeling out, and then accelerating off into the distance.

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I’m no audiophile, so the benefits of the board were a bit lost on me, i never saw much content available either unless you have a few particular machines, and yeah the bootup time is anoying to me, so out it goes.

On the 90's pins you don't have to be an audiophile to appreciate true stereo CD quality sound versus mono low bit depth midi. If you couldn't tell the difference then my assumption is that you didn't have a quality custom orchestration to compare to the original. If anyone expects to do a one for one replacement of their sound card with a PinSound and it magically make a sound difference, you are sadly mistaken. To begin with, you will need a custom orchestration with new music/sounds, possibly rewire your speakers for stereo, and potentially replace you speakers with ones with better frequency range and bass. When you do it right, it is night and day and can never go back to the original sound.

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Nice!!! I dont have the mixing software installed, but you just add the file?

I just installed the latest firmware and it seems way faster to me. It used to bother me but it does not take any longer than my swle to boot. Its a great mod. Support is excellent also.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I just installed the latest firmware and it seems way faster to me. It used to bother me but it does not take any longer than my swle to boot. Its a great mod. Support is excellent also.

You just have to add a file called boot.wav and put it into the audio folder on the usb stick. Boot.wav can have whatever audio you want in it. A program like Audacity can help you make one if you don't know where to start.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

oops, beat me to it !

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Any update on a SAM version?

Hope they PinSound Guys can figure out how they get the Pinsoundboard working with the SAM-System.

#1291 5 years ago

Well, got it to work but not what I expected. It still does the chirp, chirp, chirp... I thought the boot file replaced that sound.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

Well, got it to work but not what I expected. It still does the chirp, chirp, chirp... I thought the boot file replaced that sound.

No, just the final sound when it is complete.

#1293 5 years ago

I have one in my CFTBL. The boot up time has never been a issue for me. The quality of the sound is phenomenally better.

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I have one in my CFTBL. The boot up time has never been a issue for me. The quality of the sound is phenomenally better.

Thewool mix, right? That is a great one

#1295 5 years ago

Yes, it’s phenomenal.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

if you copy your own “boot.wav” sound file in your “audio” folder, the PinSound board will play this file instead of the standard startup sound.

So you could also just create a silent wav file of 15 sec. to have it silent.

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So you could also just create a silent wav file of 15 sec. to have it silent.

No, the "chirp" is letting you know the board is booting and I think checking for new audio files etc. Once the board boots it plays "boot.wav".

If it takes longer than 30 seconds, check your power supply board. My LW3 got slower and slower after the pinsound install, but hten I realized the DMD wasn't turning on either and the whole system was slow. New PSU board fixed that.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hope they PinSound Guys can figure out how they get the Pinsoundboard working with the SAM-System.

I hesitate to say never but it will be a trick. There is no soundboard on the SAM system. There is a digital to analog converter and some borrowed CPU, RAM and storage. The SAM sound system is pure software. There is no good way for an external board to determine when anything is being played.

SAM is moderate fidelity not high fidelity. Mono, 24 kHz and compressed 4 to 1. It sounds great for what it is. Without the cooperation of system software after the fact (which is not forthcoming) there is no way to hook into the event stream.
Sorry.
ddt

#1299 5 years ago

Hey David,
thank you for this information, so now the whole community know what the problem is.
And yeah we speaked about this after your Seminar in germany at Pinball universe. I'm the guy with the Dialed In Beachtowel.

Maybe we (all met owners) should do a petition (better Met Sound) to bring LFS in the boat for help.

Bought a 4 band eq and new tweeter to make the sound a bit more bearable

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Yes, it’s phenomenal.

Hey good to hear people are still enjoying this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/26?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.