pasted_image (resized).png
config (resized).JPG
pasted_image.png
pinsound_rumble (resized).png
47BA478B-EFC8-4549-8BFF-A2C4FFF2B14A.jpeg
IMG_1952.JPG

There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 36.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Has any one ordered a Pinsound kit directly from France lately? How long has it been taking to ship to the United States? I am worried my shipment is stuck in customs, because my tracking has not updated since January 4th.

When I ordered mine, it was stuck in customs for almost two weeks. Have you tried contacting Arcadeshop (http://www.arcadeshop.com)? Don't just go by website, but give the guy a call.

#1152 6 years ago

Unfortunately, they don't carry the Stern Whitestar kits. This is why I ordered directly from Pinsound.

It can take a few weeks - reach out to the guys on the pin sound support forum or Facebook - they are fairly responsive (although I don’t believe they check every day)

#1153 6 years ago

Has any one ordered a Pinsound kit directly from France lately? How long has it been taking to ship to the United States? I am worried my shipment is stuck in customs, because my tracking has not updated since January 4th.

It took mine 3 weeks to get out of France (my tracking number never updated). Once it did, normal 3 day delivery time in US. Great product however.

#1154 6 years ago

Ordered speakers and a pinsound kit from France a few months ago and it arrived without much delay.

Now I just have to find the time to do the board work on LOTR!

If anyone is still on the fence about buying PinSound I would jump right in. It will crank your enthusiasm for an old game to 11.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Ordered speakers and a pinsound kit from France a few months ago and it arrived without much delay.
Now I just have to find the time to do the board work on LOTR!
If anyone is still on the fence about buying PinSound I would jump right in. It will crank your enthusiasm for an old game to 11.

I like to tell people that I've never tried crack before, but I don't see how it could be even half as addicting as PinSound!

#1156 6 years ago

I just want to hear my LOTR again. My sound section of my board is dead.

#1157 6 years ago

Why is everyone buying from France when you can buy a Pinsound here in the states! I ordered one Saturday and it shipped today and will arrive on weds from KsArcade https://ksarcade.net/

#1158 6 years ago

I'm having a bugger of a time getting my Pinsound working on my IJ. I've updated the firm ware on my board and I've got the re-orchestration files but every time I try and install the files I keep getting "There are no files on the USB drive". I've tried the USB flash drive that Pinsound sent me and another USB flash drive and no luck.

I have the WAV files organized into file folders as per the Pinsound website instructions:
Audio
-voice
-single
-sfx
-music
-jingle

I worked on this for 6 hours yesterday and it wouldn't happen. What am I doing wrong?

QSS

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I'm having a bugger of a time getting my Pinsound working on my IJ. I've updated the firm ware on my board and I've got the re-orchestration files but every time I try and install the files I keep getting "There are no files on the USB drive". I've tried the USB flash drive that Pinsound sent me and another USB flash drive and no luck.
I have the WAV files organized into file folders as per the Pinsound website instructions:
Audio
-voice
-single
-sfx
-music
-jingle
I worked on this for 6 hours yesterday and it wouldn't happen. What am I doing wrong?
QSS

Ok so it sounds like you are SURE that you have .wav files on the drive. From where did you Get them? Can you play them on a laptop if you stick the usb in?

Do you have multiple mixes on your usb? Even if you do not, put the voice/six/music/jingle/single folders into a parent folder called “IJ mix” and put THAT under audio.

If that fails, the Pinsound studio app is your next step - it will ask you to identify the .zip file where you have all your sounds and then a destination drive (your usb drive). Make sure you have all your sounds backed up on a laptop

#1160 6 years ago

Im pretty sure I have one extra pinsound and white star kit (I forgot I ordered one). So if someone is willing to pay full price plus new shipping I’d be happy to send it along. I’ll research and get back. Don’t even bother lowballing. I’m in no hurry to get rid of it.

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Im pretty sure I have one extra pinsound and white star kit (I forgot I ordered one). So if someone is willing to pay full price plus new shipping I’d be happy to send it along. I’ll research and get back. Don’t even bother lowballing. I’m in no hurry to get rid of it.

... I’m really curious about your motivation here. You have a second one, ok. Cool. You’re willing to sell it... ok, maybe you don’t have a second white star pin. Ok. Is it used? Does it work? you’re selling it for full price PLUS shipping, no warranty, I assume no returns . Shipping in most (every?) case will be more than ordering it from K’s or the PS guys directly. Look I realize this looks like a trolling post, but I’m not clear on why this is a good deal.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... I’m really curious about your motivation here. You have a second one, ok. Cool. You’re willing to sell it... ok, maybe you don’t have a second white star pin. Ok. Is it used? Does it work? you’re selling it for full price PLUS shipping, no warranty, I assume no returns . Shipping in most (every?) case will be more than ordering it from K’s or the PS guys directly. Look I realize this looks like a trolling post, but I’m not clear on why this is a good deal.

Not saying it’s a good deal. I have an extra (I think) and a poster above was worried about shipping times. Just thought inside US shipping would be faster for someone who wants it now. I was thinking I would use it eventually if nobody wanted it sooner. Just trying to be helpful, that’s all.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Not saying it’s a good deal. I have an extra (I think) and a poster above was worried about shipping times. Just thought inside US shipping would be faster for someone who wants it now. I was thinking I would use it eventually if nobody wanted it sooner. Just trying to be helpful, that’s all.

Absolutely! It does take a while to ship from overseas

#1164 6 years ago

they're worth the wait

#1165 6 years ago

Don't remember how long my board took to get here as that was a month ago, but I ordered a set of speakers from them on Jan 8th and my postman just delivered them 5 minutes ago...so 8 days door to door.

#1166 6 years ago

Really? On mine, I had to leave the ZIP file in the root of the SD card. Pinsound "engine" will unzip them for you (and it takes a while) and do its thing (reorganize them) when you boot up the machine. If it appears idled, leave it alone for a couple of hours, then reboot the machine.
My Champion Pub worked like that. I have a post about it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-wpc95-audio-visual-board

#1167 6 years ago

has anyone figured out how to get rid of the auto-mute feature? even setting mine to 240s or higher doesn't seem to take effect and the game mutes before the end sequence sound fades out. is there a config.ini variable that works?

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Really? On mine, I had to leave the ZIP file in the root of the SD card. Pinsound "engine" will unzip them for you (and it takes a while) and do its thing (reorganize them) when you boot up the machine. If it appears idled, leave it alone for a couple of hours, then reboot the machine.

You're both right - he's saying he unzipped the files already and they are in their respective folders. You leave the whole package as a .zip on the root of the drive and the board reorganizes everything for you.

#1169 6 years ago

Unfortunately, they don't carry the Stern Whitestar kits. This is why I ordered directly from Pinsound.

I ordered a whitestar kit and it was delivered in 5 days, and I'm on the west coast

The communication was great, got an email for order confirmation, payment, board shipment and while in transit and finally when delivered

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I ordered a whitestar kit and it was delivered in 5 days, and I'm on the west coast
The communication was great, got an email for order confirmation, payment, board shipment and while in transit and finally when delivered

Who did you order it from?

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You leave the whole package as a .zip on the root of the drive and the board reorganizes everything for you.

Yes. But don't you HAVE TO leave the ZIP in the root?

(leave the ZIP file alone, do not extract the zip file on the SD card, let the pinsound board do that for you, correct?)

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yes. But don't you HAVE TO leave the ZIP in the root?
(leave the ZIP file alone, do not extract the zip file on the SD card, let the pinsound board do that for you, correct?)

Nope, you don't have to - if you have the correct file structure and have already converted the sound files to .WAVs, it will just work. The PinSoundStudio software does all this for you if you don't want to wait for the game to unzip and convert everything

#1173 6 years ago

I think this was mentioned somewhere but can't find it: is the sound card supposed to beep before you start a game. And if so, anyway to stop it?

#1174 6 years ago

I've got 5 pinsound kits including speakers and stereo cabling. They work like a dream and have reinvigorated the games.

Quick to receive orders from UK, but my advice for getting quick in US would be- pay for the faster courier option. If standard airmail you will wait 2-4 weeks (based on my experience of ordering a lot of stuff from US to UK).

#1175 6 years ago

Oooh when is that extension board coming out to allow a plug-n-play shaker motor???

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok so it sounds like you are SURE that you have .wav files on the drive. From where did you Get them? Can you play them on a laptop if you stick the usb in?
Do you have multiple mixes on your usb? Even if you do not, put the voice/six/music/jingle/single folders into a parent folder called “IJ mix” and put THAT under audio.
If that fails, the Pinsound studio app is your next step - it will ask you to identify the .zip file where you have all your sounds and then a destination drive (your usb drive). Make sure you have all your sounds backed up on a laptop

I've totally blanked my USB with no other files on it and I have a parent folder called IJ Re-Orchestration under Audion with the Voice/sfx/music/jingle/single files under that.
I tried playing about 50 different files and they all play perfectly.

I'll try the Pindsound app this weekend as per your advice and see if I can make it all happen.

I don't remember where I got them but 2 different zip files are on my computer. Both zip files are identical.

Thanks for the help.

QSS

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Interesting, I haven't tried that. I'll load the zip file onto my SD card card and load it onto the Pinside Board.

I'll try this this weekend and get back to you.

Thanks for your help.

QSS

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I think this was mentioned somewhere but can't find it: is the sound card supposed to beep before you start a game. And if so, anyway to stop it?

Yes, you can place a file called “boot.wav” in the root of the USB (I.e. not in any folder). The default sound is really loud. I usually replace it with some minor SFX sound from the game it’s installed in. For example, a punch sound for Indiana Jones.

#1180 6 years ago

I've totally blanked my USB with no other files on it and I have a parent folder called IJ Re-Orchestration under Audion with the Voice/sfx/music/jingle/single files under that.
I tried playing about 50 different files and they all play perfectly.
I'll try the Pindsound app this weekend as per your advice and see if I can make it all happen.
I don't remember where I got them but 2 different zip files are on my computer. Both zip files are identical.
Thanks for the help.
QSS

I can’t remember for certain, but you may need to ZIP that “IJ Re-orchestration” folder. I seem to remember the PinSound studio wants to start with a zip file.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t remember for certain, but you may need to ZIP that “IJ Re-orchestration” folder. I seem to remember the PinSound studio wants to start with a zip file.

Copy that. Will try that this weekend. Thanks for the help.

QSS

#1182 6 years ago

Who did you order it from?

Pinsound in France

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nope, you don't have to - if you have the correct file structure and have already converted the sound files to .WAVs, it will just work. The PinSoundStudio software does all this for you if you don't want to wait for the game to unzip and convert everything

I agree. Why wait hours for the board to unzip, when you can unzip to .wav and it`s booted and gameready in 15 seconds? In some cases you may need to convert .ogg to .wav, but still worth it.

#1184 6 years ago

Well the tracking finally updated on my pinsound board. It is finally on United States soil, and scheduled for delivery on Monday. That will put it just about three weeks from the date I ordered it to it arriving at my door.

#1185 6 years ago

Well the tracking finally updated on my pinsound board. It is finally on United States soil, and scheduled for delivery on Monday. That will put it just about three weeks from the date I ordered it to it arriving at my door.

Doesn't sound too bad to me from rural France to your front door in the West Coast, USA. Just imagine what worldwide shipping times were like 20-30-50 years ago. Too bad, but I think that Amazon Prime has kind of spoiled us all as it pertains to shipment immediate gratification.

I'm positive you will find it is well worth the wait. Have you already downloaded an orchestration from the pinsound forum (if one exists for your pin)? You can do it ahead of time and go ahead and extract/convert the files so they are ready to write on the USB stick w/o any waiting. Just take a look at my guide that I reference above, and I layout everything you need to do.

#1186 6 years ago

Ordered mine last weekend, it arrived yesterday, Installed in 10 minutes and it took 40 minutes to get the Audio converted and It sounds awesome. My speaker humming is gone as well as background low level noise in attract mode on my JP.

#1187 6 years ago

You guys know it takes like 2 minutes to convert it in Pinsound Studio and copy it onto a usb? If you run a Mac just use a VM.

#1188 6 years ago

I didn't know that but I do now! I got to play my Pins while I waited so it wasn't a bad thing

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That was it! Whew.
I was getting a little frustrated with this but I took the zip file and I dropped it onto my USB stick. Pinsound unpacked and organized the files just as Rdoyle1978 said it would do. All the IJ Re-orchestration files are there and the mix is good. I'm using some old Pinball Pro speakers and I made a few sound adjustments and..........
HOOOOO-LEEEEEEE-SHIT!!!!!!
Best......Mod........Ever!!!!! I can not believe the sound, the sound clips, the booming of the sub, the, the, the, the, EVERYTHING!!!!!!
IJ has always been my favorite game but DAMN !!! PindSound and Endprodukt's remix is absolutely MENTAL! Donation to Endprodukt....... incoming!
Thanks to Davi, Mike_M and beezleboob for their help. Only thing now is that I'm looking at more Pinsound boards for Lord of the Rings and some of my other games. I love this hobby!
QSS
20180120_162748 (resized).jpg20180120_162748 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: Thanks to Bendit too. You guys are a big help.

QSS

#1190 6 years ago

That was it! Whew.
I was getting a little frustrated with this but I took the zip file and I dropped it onto my USB stick. Pinsound unpacked and organized the files just as Rdoyle1978 said it would do. All the IJ Re-orchestration files are there and the mix is good. I'm using some old Pinball Pro speakers and I made a few sound adjustments and..........
HOOOOO-LEEEEEEE-SHIT!!!!!!
Best......Mod........Ever!!!!! I can not believe the sound, the sound clips, the booming of the sub, the, the, the, the, EVERYTHING!!!!!!
IJ has always been my favorite game but DAMN !!! PindSound and Endprodukt's remix is absolutely MENTAL! Donation to Endprodukt....... incoming!
Thanks to Davi, Mike_M and beezleboob for their help. Only thing now is that I'm looking at more Pinsound boards for Lord of the Rings and some of my other games. I love this hobby!
QSS

Best post ever!! Glad you got it sorted out

#1191 6 years ago

Well, if all you are happy with the Endprodukt-Remix - thing about and donate to honour his undoubted work!
He really did a very well Job.

#1192 6 years ago

Ordered last weekend from https://ksarcade.net/ on the west coast and shipped to illinios by weds. Installed that and new flipper fidelitys in my JP, Wow unreal diffrence.

#1193 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Well, if all you are happy with the Endprodukt-Remix - thing about and donate to honour his undoubted work!
He really did a very well Job.

As I said in my post, "Donation to Endproduckt........incoming".

Kinda of a dumb question here, how do I make a donation to a fellow Pinsider/Endprodukt?

QSS

#1194 6 years ago

As I said in my post, "Donation to Endproduckt........incoming".
Kinda of a dumb question here, how do I make a donation to a fellow Pinsider/Endprodukt?
QSS

Not dumb, he doesn’t have apinside shop: PayPal F&F to

[email protected]

#1195 6 years ago

Thank you guys, very appreciated.

#1196 6 years ago

Anyone hear anything about expected availability of their accessory board to control a shaker or other mods? Been waiting for that for a looooonnng time.

#1197 6 years ago

Added yesterday: Thanks to Bendit too. You guys are a big help.

You're welcome. Glad it worked out! My Champion Pub sounds much better with Pinsound too! It's a super product that's very clever. Cheers.

#1198 6 years ago

Development is still in progress... but Shaker and other stuff can be driven by Firmware 0090 and PinSound-Studio via Channel A (5V Relay).
Nicolas told me, next update will support Channel B for LED stripes or something else.
I have prepared my Indy and wait for the update, then Channel A will switch om Shaker and Channel B will switch a LED Stripe beneath Backbox.
My new project "Terminator 2" will be equipped exactly the same.

#1199 6 years ago

Ok, I got to install by board last night, but I don't have it up and running yet.

It seems that the pinsound board does not like my flash drive. So to that end, I would like to get some clarifications on what the requirements are for a USB flash drive to work with pinsound..

1. What USB standard does the pinsound use? I have seen some post state that USB 2 is used, but others are using USB 3.
2. What size USB drive is required? It seems that 8gig is the standard here, but I want to be sure.
3. What file system is the USB required to have? ExFat or Fat32?

At least I got it hooked up, and I know the sound now works. My LOTR may have a voice again soon.

#1200 6 years ago

Ok, I got to install by board last night, but I don't have it up and running yet.
It seems that the pinsound board does not like my flash drive. So to that end, I would like to get some clarifications on what the requirements are for a USB flash drive to work with pinsound..
1. What USB standard does the pinsound use? I have seen some post state that USB 2 is used, but others are using USB 3.
2. What size USB drive is required? It seems that 8gig is the standard here, but I want to be sure.
3. What file system is the USB required to have? ExFat or Fat32?
At least I got it hooked up, and I know the sound now works. My LOTR may have a voice again soon.

USB2
8 or 16GB should work
FAT32

some USB drives just don't work - the board is small and to keep it loading quickly, it loads a limited set of drivers, and some USB drives just flat out don't work. Make sure you have the other things set as above, and try a new drive. Did the board come with a USB stick? It should have. The boards ship with an 8GB Sandisk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 22.50
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone/page/24?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.